Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

getting the best sound from your guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

ric

getting the best sound from your guitar 

Hola, just in case anyone's interested, it has been my experience that the human body acts as a damper on the sound quality of the guitar. There are a few products out there that isolate a few spots like the arm rest, so after experimenting with a few homemade isolators, I finally got around to trying Vibrapods which can be purchased in a pack of four at many online outlets including Amazon. I fastened them with blu tack, which does not seem to damage the finish and is removable. The best part is, the vibrapods do not have to be removed to fit the guitar in my case.
What I am hearing now is more clarity, fullness, sustain, bass. I recommend trying these if you really want to get the best sound out of your guitar. Vibrapods traditionally are used as isolators for audio applications for high end stereo equipment (which I own) I just never thought how to apply them to the guitar. I have them at the locations where my leg, chest, and right arm come in contact. Ole!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2015 14:02:25

Morante

RE: getting the best sound from your... (in reply to ric

quote:

it has been my experience that the human body acts as a damper on the sound quality of the guitar.

What you say is true. The tradicional way of holding the guitar separates it from the body too
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2015 15:00:56

Sr. Martins

Belly-less people would like to have that "problem", specially when they are also tall.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2015 15:08:48

keith

ric, do you find the vibrapod that lays on your leg to be uncomfortable since the weight of the guitar is focused onto such a small area ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 27 2015 10:47:07

ric

RE: getting the best sound from your... (in reply to keith

Hi Keith,
I don't have a problem with the two areas, at my knee and at my chest. There is a little discomfort, but not much where my right arm rests, but it's not a problem. The vibrapods are made of a soft rubber so they're made to have a bit of cushion. I've been using blu tack to stick them on since it makes them removable and the blu tack holds for a few days and then I have to restick them. The difference in sound to me is worth the minor hassle, since i don't want to attach the pods with a screw. Also, I found using a cejilla is a better sound than the G7th capo, but the G7th is super easy to move around. There's always a trade off. Good luck!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 27 2015 13:25:54
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post