Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Prudencio Saez 22   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

aleks888

Prudencio Saez 22 

Has anyone tried Prudencio Saez 22?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 15:30:27

Blondie#2

RE: Prudencio Saez 22 (in reply to aleks888

I've tried the 24 Negra and the G18, I bought the G18.

Both were better than the Alhambra I tried that you mention in the other thread. I tried all 3 in the same shop and the 24 was better than the Alhambra in sound and set up even though it was nearly half the price. The Alhambra was almost unplayable due to the lack of set up.

Whats your budget?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 19:12:54

Sr. Martins

RE: Prudencio Saez 22 (in reply to Blondie#2

Alhambra's setups are a joke. The nut isn't bad but I don't know how they thought that a round saddle that is much thinner than the slot would be a good thing.

The frets (and a bit of the fretboard) are slightly radiused, it feels very confortable.. but you really have to bypass that initial setup.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 19:22:28

aleks888

RE: Prudencio Saez 22 (in reply to Blondie#2

Thanks for the reply. My max budget is about $1800. The problem is there are not many guitar shops around where I live and I have to order online. I have read some reviews regarding Camps Primera Negra and everyone seems quite impressed with these guitars but I have not tried myself yet so I am thinking to give it a blind try. Thanks for letting me know about Alhambra, at least I know that I will pass this one :)))
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 19:28:51

bernd

Forget about the Prudencio Saez 22. That´s just a toy but not more. This guitar shouldn´t be named as a flamenco guitar although it looks like it is one. I´d suggest to put some money above and buy a real flamenca. Especially the spread of standard quality is very wide ranged in these guitars, whereas the Camps Primera is very steady, just the opposite.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2015 19:08:42

parilla1936

Hi
Interesting how we all have different views of instruments, I have a Prudencia Saez model flamenca negra 24, I would say that it plays better and I would say it sounds just as good
as my Conde [bought in Gravina in 1980s] .
Cheers Jim.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2015 20:37:57

bernd

No, not different view but a detailed. Maybe you have found a better model in spreading range (or just a bad Conde ;-)
I´ve seen lots of these guitars, especially of model 22 that I check nearly every at the Frankfurt Musikmesse. Last year I also checked the 24 but I can´t recommend it. It seems that the company itself doesn´t know about which quality to exhibit.

If your guitar is as good as a Conde, than I wonder why most of the important flamenco specialized guitar dealers don´t offer Prudencio Saez, but small Ebay dealers do it often e. g. in Germany.

It´s very similar to the Hermanos Sanchís López 2F. There are very good models around but very bad ones, too. At present I have a very good one here from a friend for checking to make a video review. It´s available for sale.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2015 19:57:14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post