Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra 10FP?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

aleks888

Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra 10FP? 

Hey guys, I am looking for a decent flamenco negra and thinking of getting either Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra 10FP. Has anyone tried any of these two? Which one is a better choice? Any other alternatives in this price range besides these two guitars?
Thanks
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 14:02:11

tijeretamiel

RE: Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra ... (in reply to aleks888

quote:

ORIGINAL: aleks888

Hey guys, I am looking for a decent flamenco negra and thinking of getting either Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra 10FP. Has anyone tried any of these two? Which one is a better choice? Any other alternatives in this price range besides these two guitars?
Thanks

I've tried both, the Alhambra wasn't a great guitar IMO, the Camps Primera Negra was excellent. The new Hermanos Sanchis Lopez Solea is about the same price, I've not tried that model in particular but I own the equivalent model it replaced and really like it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 14:04:41

bernd

RE: Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra ... (in reply to tijeretamiel

Forget about the HSL Solea. Its former name was labeled as 2F. Because the price distance to the 1F models was too high, the guitarists bought guitars of other makers. Now the 2F has become as Soleá and still sounds the same for more money.

The Alhambra 10 FP is not a bad guitar, but the Camps Primera in fact is much better.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2015 18:57:19

orsonw

RE: Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra ... (in reply to bernd

quote:

Forget about the HSL Solea. Its former name was labeled as 2F. Because the price distance to the 1F models was too high, the guitarists bought guitars of other makers. Now the 2F has become as Soleá and still sounds the same for more money. 
According to Johannes at mundo flamenco the HSL solea is 'structurally identical to the 1F.'
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2015 20:18:43

AndresL

RE: Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra ... (in reply to aleks888

I know this thread is from a few months back-did you decide? Don't know about the Camps but I thought the Alhambra was pretty good that I played. As for the Sanchis, I had the 2F and thought it was pretty good. I believe they make these guitars for several other makers -a professional player I know in Phoenix has a Ferrer just like it and he says that the same guitar is made for Conde as well. Alhambra seems pricey new but I see some used once in awhile-7 is good, a 10 is better.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2015 17:52:26

Perrate

RE: Camps Primera Negra or Alhambra ... (in reply to AndresL

I dont`t kow the Alhambra....but the Camps Primara is one of the best in this price range. I used to play the blanca.... for that money you get a lot of Flamenco. For beginners a perfect guitar. Watch out for the Primera A, the wood selection should be better.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 6 2015 17:39:51
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post