Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Gravina 7 Conde   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

slowhand9

Gravina 7 Conde 

Hi,

Can anyone give me any info about Conde guitars CURRENTLY made in the Gravina 7 store?
Quality? setup? tone?
would be great to have your inputs!

thanks!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2015 12:50:07

Morante

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to slowhand9

La viuda de Faustino regenta esta tienda.

Me explicó que los aprendices de Faustino hacen las guitarras. Es decir que ella compra estas guitarras. De donde, ¿quiene sabe?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2015 15:36:29

tele

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to Morante

quote:

ORIGINAL: Morante

La viuda de Faustino regenta esta tienda.

Me explicó que los aprendices de Faustino hacen las guitarras. Es decir que ella compra estas guitarras. De donde, ¿quiene sabe?

If you understand english and the question is in english why reply in spanish? Are you spanish yourself?

I've heard the current gravina condes are made in valencia factory and one person who builds guitars visited one of the factories and saw conde headstock templates there. The quality of gravina 7 condes since the 2000's isn't very high but the prices aren't either when compared to felipe v.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2015 16:18:49

El Kiko

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to Morante

how ever unlikey , in my opinion , it seems Morante is correct ..

The guitars do come from various luthiers , some of which were fustinos apprentice .. and these ones would be the best ... its a bit of pot luck ... i suppose you have to keep going and keep trying until you get one that would be a real bargin for the price ,, the next one may not be so good ..
I did , in a very quick bit of research find this from another site ...

it seems an unusual way to run a businesses and an unusual way to promote yourself as a luthier ..however

En Gravina, encargan guitarras a distintos luthiers, las mejores son las que les hace esporádicamente Emilio Fernández, que fue aprendiz de Fustino, y son guitarras muy potentes, aunque bastante chillonas. Las demás medias lunas, son bastante mediocres, para mi gusto. Por eso si logras pillar una de esas, te puedes llevar una buena guitarra por menos de 3000 euros, ahora mismo tienen una de ciprés, la probé yo hace una semana.

for Tele thei means ..........more or less

In Gravina, they get guitars from different luthiers, the best are those that are made from time to time by Emilio Fernandez, who was apprenticed to Fustino, and are very powerful guitars, although quite garish. The other half moons, are pretty mediocre, for my taste. So if you can get one of those, you can have a good guitar for less than 3000 euros, now i myself have a cypress one , I tried it a week ago.

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2015 17:04:28

tele

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to El Kiko

How can we know which ones were made by Emilio and if he still makes them for gravina shop?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2015 22:19:44

El Kiko

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to tele

realmente no tengo ni idea

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2015 23:32:49

tele

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to El Kiko

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Kiko

realmente no tengo ni idea

Mui pien.

Personally I doubt Faustinos apprentices still work for gravina 7 shop for all these years. Maybe up until somewhere mid 90's would be likely. I mean they must be masters of the art so why would they work for a shop that produces factory guitars these days?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2015 11:46:30

El Kiko

as i said seems a funny way to do business , however the post i copied was written in 2013...
so maybe .... dunno .....

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2015 16:49:40

slowhand9

I was told by the Gravina store recently that Emilio Fernandez worked at the shop as an assistant 20-25 years ago. I Was told categorically that he was not involved in making guitars and was just an assistant at the store.
Apparently the store is shutting down, so they are liquidating stock. Also, due to health issues the store remains closed unless arranged via prior appointment.

currently my choices for an instrument are:
1) Gravina Conde (Juliana tells me they are hand made by her father and uncle)
2) Sanchis Lopez 1F Extra negra
3) Valeriano Bernal Al Alba 50th Anniversary edition with the Bernal bar system

they are all available to me around the 2000 Euro price. My biggest issue is, which should I go for? I shall be in Madrid only for a day and a half for work and therefore my time there shall be very limited and I shall not have the option of visiting many stores and playing many guitars due to a severe time constraint.

I was hoping if someone could help me make a value based decision?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 1:01:12

tele

quote:

ORIGINAL: slowhand9

I was told by the Gravina store recently that Emilio Fernandez worked at the shop as an assistant 20-25 years ago. I Was told categorically that he was not involved in making guitars and was just an assistant at the store.
Apparently the store is shutting down, so they are liquidating stock. Also, due to health issues the store remains closed unless arranged via prior appointment.

currently my choices for an instrument are:
1) Gravina Conde (Juliana tells me they are hand made by her father and uncle)
2) Sanchis Lopez 1F Extra negra
3) Valeriano Bernal Al Alba 50th Anniversary edition with the Bernal bar system

they are all available to me around the 2000 Euro price. My biggest issue is, which should I go for? I shall be in Madrid only for a day and a half for work and therefore my time there shall be very limited and I shall not have the option of visiting many stores and playing many guitars due to a severe time constraint.

I was hoping if someone could help me make a value based decision?

Your only choice is use the time you have trying as many guitars as you can and buying the one you like the most.

Wow, shutting down gravina 7 is a big loss of guitar building history, hope they can manage to keep it up. Again it seems like the spanish economy is the reason for closing.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 9:15:36

RobJe

quote:

Your only choice is use the time you have trying as many guitars as you can and buying the one you like the most.

This is always the best advice.

"The last guitar made by Faustino" has been sold to plenty of mugs over the years so unless you have enough knowledge experience to evaluate the validly of such claims it is best to be sceptical.

Rob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 10:45:13

slowhand9

what I'm thinking is: Should I stick to the Conde guitars and make a choice from the 5 or 7 available negras or should I just get the Bernal - of which I certainly know who the builder is, for sure. I simply do not have the time to go to both the shops as I have a severe time constraint.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 11:53:31

tele

quote:

ORIGINAL: slowhand9

what I'm thinking is: Should I stick to the Conde guitars and make a choice from the 5 or 7 available negras or should I just get the Bernal - of which I certainly know who the builder is, for sure. I simply do not have the time to go to both the shops as I have a severe time constraint.

It doesn't matter who built the guitar. Also Bernal's guitars, some of them are built in factories. Maybe you can even wait before buying a guitar, perhaps then you'll have more money and time to invest on the purchase.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 16:01:52

tijeretamiel

quote:

ORIGINAL: tele

Wow, shutting down gravina 7 is a big loss of guitar building history, hope they can manage to keep it up. Again it seems like the spanish economy is the reason for closing.

Who makes the guitars at Gravina 7, I presume it's neither Felipe or Mariano?

I've noticed there are still 'Hermanos Conde' guitars being made, who makes them like the one below

http://www.guitarsforsale.es/product/hermanos-conde-2015-3/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 16:13:51

tele

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to tijeretamiel

quote:

ORIGINAL: tijeretamiel

quote:

ORIGINAL: tele

Who makes the guitars at Gravina 7, I presume it's neither Felipe or Mariano?

I've noticed there are still 'Hermanos Conde' guitars being made, who makes them like the one below

http://www.guitarsforsale.es/product/hermanos-conde-2015-3/

Felipe and mariano both have their own shop, read this topic as we discuss who(might) make them.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2015 17:09:05

mark indigo

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to tijeretamiel

quote:

Who makes the guitars at Gravina 7, I presume it's neither Felipe or Mariano? I've noticed there are still 'Hermanos Conde' guitars being made, who makes them like the one below http://www.guitarsforsale.es/product/hermanos-conde-2015-3/
bump - I just noticed the guitar advertised in that link is from Atocha 53, not Gravina 7.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2015 17:00:14

Ricardo

RE: Gravina 7 Conde (in reply to mark indigo

As per a few examples I know of that had a stamp on the soundboard, Atocha guitars have been made by R. Sanchis/Hermanos Sanchis lopez. The prices tend to be combarable as well.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2015 17:10:25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message