Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Show us your Flamenco guitars !!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

hopkinWFG

Show us your Flamenco guitars !! 

hope am not posting a repeated topic.. if anyone would like to share us his flamenco pictures... state the luthiers name... and full specs of your flamenco.. for people who appreciate such beautiful simple yet beautiful instrument..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 5:15:28

rombsix

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to hopkinWFG

On the left: Cordoba GK Studio Negra

In the middle: Angel Lopez CF1246 S flamenco guitar

On the right: Hermanos Sanchis Lopez 1F (2011)

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 14:22:51

Ricardo

Yes it's come up but who cares.

First the Vintage set:

Left: 1968 Hermann Hauser II, Brazillian Back and sides, spruce top, very light laquer on top (lots of wear I used to think it was FP)
648 mm scale, bridge height is like 12 mm! bona fide classical guitar but I like to play stuff like guajiras de lucia, tremolos, etc.
Very bright harmonics.

Center: 1971 Jeronimo Peña Fernandez. Indian rosewood back and sides, spruce top. FP (refinished and extensive repair work on
top). 660 mm scale and about 9 or 10 mm bridge. More like a classical guitar but relatively light weight and percussive sounding. At
first the Savaraz strings make it sound very classical and bright almost metallic, but La bella 820s let it be more snappy and flamenco
sounding. Very loud and woody tone. Amazing detailing, a real luxury instrument.

Right:1973 Sobrinos de Esteso (Conde Hermanos). Cypress Back and sides, Clear laquer over original honey orange finish (to
preserve it I assume as it had lots of wear). 670 mm scale, 7.5 mm bridge. Quintessential mid range old school blanca. A real
treasure of mine. Not so easy to play due to years of humidity damage, but the sound is so pure and clear.

Attachment (1)

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 20:59:57

Ricardo

Ok, the modern Conde's:

1997 A26 (felipe V shop), Cypress/Spruce, lacquer (lovely orange ) 664mm scale, 8.5 mm bridge, fishman pro blend
installed after crack repair on the back years ago. This is my main workhorse guitar, changed the tap plate 2x already. All around
perfect sound for me and great feel. Very similar to the old Sobrinos but a bit easier to play. Always gigging with this guitar and it's
had tons of adventures. Repaired crack on top. If I end up homeless wandering around, it will be with this guitar.

2000 A25, (felipe v), Indian Rosewood/spruce, lacquer, 651mm scale, 7mm bridge...perfect set up and feel. Sound is amazing
balanced etc, with much more clarity than the Jeronimo negra yet has that woody tone in the basses. Probably the best guitar I own
all around...but I prefer the purity of blancas (like the A26 or the 73 Sobrinos). I enjoy doing solo concert with this one ever since I
got the frets repaired. Everybody that plays this guitar loves it the best of all in my collection.

1998 A26...ok technically it's not my guitar anymore. I am holding her for the owner after I recently had it repaired (small crack on
back and new tap plate). I recorded Madera Sonora with this guitar. Same as the 1997 pretty much except more focused sound and
a harder action. The bridge is 7.5...pretty much exact set up and feel as the 73 sobrinos. This was my favorite guitar before I had to
sell it in 2009. It was the guitar in best condition at the time to command the money I needed. Sad, but at least I get play her a bit
every now and then.

Attachment (1)

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 21:20:21

Just the one I'm afraid
But it's the one ....
1986 Conde Hermanos Media Luna Blanca
660mm
2.8mm fret
7.5 mm bridge
Two signatures .. Extra label signed by Felipe and Mariano
Recently upgraded the tuners
Some playing wear but in excellent playing condition
Strung with luthier 20's .. Also likes savarez red card .. Seems I should try labella 820b next ..
I played this guitar 8 years before I purchased it
Wasn't cashed up at the time
So in between I had a Ramirez 1a peg head Blanca then a Manuel Caceres Blanca
In a perfect world without putting my kids through school I would have them all
But.
This guitar has all the qualities I seek

Attachment (3)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 21:29:47

Ricardo

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to Ricardo

The "Others".

Left:1999 Gipsy Kings Cordoba, yellow cedar back and sides, spruce top. Never measured but it's short scale I think (650 or less).
Skinny neck, uncomfortable to play flamenco on. But this guitar works almost harder than my Conde workhorse. Because I only use
it for Rumba gigs, but that is A LOT of use. I changed the tap plate once but should have done it twice by now (I put one on top of
the old one first). The pick up is prefix pro by fishman, perfect balance (rare with piezos), better than Godin even Sound acoustically
is not bad, very mid rangy blanca sound. Thin body of course means the bass is weak, but actually the guitar is quite balanced.

Center:2005 Hermanos Sanchis Lopez, 1F Arce, Maple back and sides, spruce top. 660 mm scale, 10 mm bridge (too high for my
taste). Very low easy action. Very deep tone but clear and dry trebles. My most abused instrument...top crack, headstock broke off
twice, dings etc...I travel with this guitar. Pretty much only this when if I have to fly. It really delivers in terms of accompaniment,
very flamenco sounding. I got a good deal on this poor guitar, it's one of those rare cheap factory guitars that really competes with
concert level instruments. I always get offers to buy this guitar, but it is my good luck guitar, in the sense it takes the abuse my other
guitars would other wise have to.

Right: 2014 Max Bishop, Lawson cypress back and sides. I recorded some video of the first guitar he built me a while back. This one
is the same design but with a preferred bridge and action set up. Similar tone to the first so I traded for this one. The tone is deeper
than other cypress guitars, but balanced. I love playing this guitar most around the house these days, as the action and feel of the
neck is like butter. Lots of punch for rasgueado and picado too. I took the chance and flew to spain with this guitar, glad I did cuz it
was more fun to play than the Sanchis.

Attachment (1)

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 21:42:14

Ricardo

Ok last but not least!

1989 Kramer Baretta...ok it's not a flamenco. But I needed a 3rd guitar for the picture. Original Floyed Rose locking tremolo bar. It
is still in tune after not changing the strings since College!!

2014 Stephen Faulk, port orford back and sides, spruce top. mechanical pegs. Not sure of measurements, but the bridge is low like
the other guitars I like the set up on. The sound is very much like cypress, dry and percussive with strong mid range. This guitar also
has that old school hollow tone, very traditional sound. The action is very smooth and this guitar is really fun to play at home too like
the Bishop guitar. Gonna use it for some up coming gigs that will be miked up too.

Giannini (200?)...looks like some kind of rosewood back and sides. I lowered the bridge so it has a snappy flamenco feel. This is a
guitar for a child (half sized I guess) but has very serious tone and playability, it's not a toy. When students complain that I can play
faster or whatever because I am smaller I bust out this thing to show that your physical size need not get in the way of proper
techniques and hand position.

Attachment (1)

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 22:01:31

bernd

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to Guest

Alval, the tuners look excellent. Who made them and which model is it?

Thanks in advance!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 22:05:38

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to bernd

Hi Bernd
I ordered them through the Felipe Conde shop
They took awhile as they had to be made
Not sure but they may be rodgers? Pretty sure they were outsourced somewhere ...http://www.condehermanos.com/en/accessories/machine-heads/machine-tuners-media-luna-special-model/

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2014 22:24:06

hopkinWFG

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to rombsix

hi Rombsix... have heard your video which contested among your collection.. in my opinion i like the Sanchez lopez better as its clearer more of the treble going on and its snappier than the rest of it.. nice !
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 3:39:40

hopkinWFG

the conde trio looks so nice ricardo !! and your a rocker too? a kramer baretta seems out of place among but its a piece of old 80s rock scene lol nice collection you have too !! thanks and show more please !!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 3:43:44

Leñador

Wowzers Ricardo, by my math that's a 50K plus collection. My favorite is the Kramer lol I've got a Floyd rose on my bc rich, changing strings is an effing pain! But yeah, dive bombs for days without ever going outta tune.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 4:43:15

ToddK

Nice Barretta Richard! I remember the day in 1986 when my Dad drove me
to Chuck Levin's and bought me a black one. I loved that guitar, and i wish
i still had it today.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 15:30:26

Blondie#2

Wow how many Baretta owners/past owners do we have here? Me too

My white 80's one was allegedly once owned by EVH's roadie.

..I don't believe it either.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 18:23:26

Ricardo

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to Blondie#2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blondie#2

Wow how many Baretta owners/past owners do we have here? Me too

My white 80's one was allegedly once owned by EVH's roadie.

..I don't believe it either.

All my friends had Ibanez, but I never liked how they looked. I always thought Kramers like the barretta especially had much sexier lines. And because the lock nut patent, always stayed in tune better too.

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 19:32:13

Pimientito

Wow...Ricardo your collection is really something. I can only beat your collection of Paco Lps at the minute.

I have actually cut down from having many guitars that I hardly used to now owning only a few really good ones. Actually prefer to have instuments that I use rather than collectable guitars that I feel are too valuable to play.

First two are my workhorses.
Alhambra 7FC blanca. I have been playing this around 23 years and its been customised with internal pickup system for use with my amplifier. Its been gigged to death but the pine top is pretty loose now and sounds great.
Next to it is my trusty Bernal Prodigio blanca 2000. This was actually the prototype prodigio. Its very bright sound, weighs almost nothing and its one of the easiest guitars on the hands to play.

Second two are my media luna condes. The red blanca (Atocha) 2004 belonged to el Viejin and I recorded my album with it...thats not one I ever plan to let go of. Next to it is the Indian negra (Felipe V) 2001 that actually belonged to Ramon de Algeciras and Ricardo. Both are amazing examples of contemporary Condes.

Last are my two Granada concert gems. Francisco Manuel Diaz custom Primera Blanca (named la Inesperada) and Stephen Hill Custom Brazilian Negra concierto 2010...easily the best guitar I have ever played

Attachment (3)

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 20:32:13

12850bd

ok here are my guitars starting with the oldest.
My 1972 Conde best for when I play for dance classes 4 nights a week...loud and very low action with that old world sound. Its 7mm off the table at the bridge but no buzzing. I wish I could set my other guitars like this....but cant do it.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 23:31:48

12850bd

My 1974 conde blanca lighter sound but very sweet....the lightest guitar I have ever played. Feels like balsa wood to hold. Has the sound totally different to the new condes. Like Cepero's guitar on Amuleto.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 23:34:46

12850bd

1987 Caceres . I had this guitar for 10 years back in the 90's but traded it for a conde A26 . I went through the hands of several other players including Vikingo and Al . Funnily enough it came back to me this year. Beautiful guitar.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 23:37:29

12850bd

1986 Conde negra ....great solo instrument ....volume and tone

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 23:39:46

12850bd

1993 conde negra ....good for solo and latin music ....its a large guitar and solid and has a semi classical sound if there is such a thing ....lol

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 23:42:48

12850bd

latest addition 2013 vicente Carrillo pasion model ...still a new guitar but has the double top with lots of volume...I will probably sell this as I dont play it much.
Sorry I havent put the photos together as photos but I havent figured it out yet ! I took them with my phone and when I try to upload them it always says the image is too large. I then resize using paint but then it becomes an attatchment file....

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2014 23:46:48

Ricardo

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to 12850bd

Uh-oh, this just became another "Conde thread"...Lock it NOW!!

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 3:22:32

rojarosguitar

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to bernd

They rather look like Alessi tuners to me...

Music is a big continent with different lascapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

A good musical instrument is one that inspires one to express as free as possible
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 4:36:47

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to rojarosguitar

quote:

They rather look like Alessi tuners to me...

Hi
i basically have no idea and no one is saying
a friend looked at them and they do seem to match the engraved plates of Rodgers
but who knows
any clues?
thanks for the input
http://www.rodgers-tuning-machines.com/Gallery.html

http://www.alessituningmachines.it/S%201.htm

quote:

I had this guitar for 10 years back in the 90's but traded it for a conde A26

Peter...that would have to be the most awesome Harem of guitars...
Glad the Caceres made it back to its home...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 6:22:24

Ricardo

RE: Show us your Flamenco guitars !! (in reply to Guest

some condes were coming with Gohtoh tuners years ago. I noticed these and there are two types pictured that have the Arcangel headstock design, so maybe they do Conde head design as special request?

http://www.g-gotoh.com/international/?btp_product_category=35g510-series

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 13:15:43

hopkinWFG

anybody own Hermanos sanchez lopez 2F ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 13:23:53

Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: hopkinWFG

anybody own Hermanos sanchez lopez 2F ?

I have students that owned em, very excellent and compares well to 1f, only details differ.

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 13:39:26

hopkinWFG

oh? a 1F is just small difference to the 2F ? sorry never seen any of those in person but do you mind lay out the differences?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 15:03:47

tk

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Sep. 23 2014 16:53:57
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 23 2014 16:53:32
Page:   [1] 2 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread