Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Ethan Deutsch Blanca/Abalone Shell Rosette   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

constructordeguitarras

Ethan Deutsch Blanca/Abalone Shell R... 

I just completed this blanca with unusual abalone shell in the rosette.

Scale length, 656 mm. Nut width, 52 mm. String spread at nut, 43 mm. String spread at bridge, 57.5 mm. Action currently 2.6 mm at 12th fret; string height at bridge 7.5 mm. Mediterranean cypress back and sides, Engelmann spruce top, Spanish cedar neck, African ebony fingerboard. Weight, 2.7 pounds, 1200 grams. The tuners are Pegheds mechanical tuners.

$4000

More pictures at www.facebook.com/ethandeutschguitars

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (4)

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
www.facebook.com/ethandeutschguitars
www.youtube.com/marioamayaflamenco
I always have flamenco guitars available for sale.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2014 17:24:48

Ruphus

RE: Ethan Deutsch Blanca/Abalone She... (in reply to constructordeguitarras

Wow! Like any `decent chap´ I should reject abalone on classicals let alone flamencas. But have to say, this rosette and overall appearance is stunning to say the least.

Admittedly I would had chosen something else than green rings to complement it ( otherwise disliking black, here it should have matched well, or a dark blue ... and a couple of other choices, like the brown of the bindings, or even just the yellow of the cypress alone etc.) ..., but even yet with the not really complimenting green, this incredibly vivid abalone is something special for certain.

And for gnarling die-hard traditionals:
Show me the hypothetical gitano of 80 or more years ago who would had dismissed such a rosette as long as he could had afforded extra bling.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 2 2014 11:01:43

FERREREZAKI

RE: Ethan Deutsch Blanca/Abalone She... (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

Wow! Like any `decent chap´ I should reject abalone on classicals let alone flamencas. But have to say, this rosette and overall appearance is stunning to say the least.

Admittedly I would had chosen something else than green rings to complement it ( otherwise disliking black, here it should have matched well, or a dark blue ... and a couple of other choices, like the brown of the bindings, or even just the yellow of the cypress alone etc.) ..., but even yet with the not really complimenting green, this incredibly vivid abalone is something special for certain.

And for gnarling die-hard traditionals:
Show me the hypothetical gitano of 80 or more years ago who would had dismissed such a rosette as long as he could had afforded extra bling.

Ruphus

I agree with Ruphus pretty much, and I'm normally one of these die-hard traditionals. But I really liked this, espacially the green rings complementing the abalone.

Hats off.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2014 18:26:45
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote