Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Re-releases from BnF   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Paul Magnussen

Re-releases from BnF 

Just to say that the French label BnF has released 17,344 (!) old albums on MP3, of which a fair number are Flamenco; but they only appear to be available in Europe.

The way they've gone about this seems fairly bizarre: some albums recorded in stereo have been released in both mono and stereo versions, but some are in mono only

How to find them all is a problem: for a start, many of them have been retitled in French. A search of Digital Music for "BnF flamenco" on Amazon UK yields 60 albums, including Esteban Sanlúcar’s, and Ricardo’s Toques Flamencos de Guitarra. "BnF Sabicas" yields 18 albums (including Serenata andaluza, previously unavailable on MP3 I believe, and various anthologies that I haven’t deciphered yet).

The things labelled Variété Internationale appear to be sort of MP3 EPs.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 14 2014 17:37:02

Jim Kirby

RE: Re-releases from BnF (in reply to Paul Magnussen

So if you try to purchase an mp3 from a European Amazon and you are in the US, it does not work? (I don't know the answer here - i thought I had done it somewhere before but it could have been a special case.)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 19 2014 22:36:09

Paul Magnussen

RE: Re-releases from BnF (in reply to Jim Kirby

That’s correct. It would be helpful Amazon gave some you some indication up front; but it lets you go through the whole rigmarole of placing your order, and then demands a UK address.

More broadly, MP3s can’t usually be downloaded outside their country of origin. There seem to be some exceptions: I assume Canadians can buy from The US, since amazon.ca has no Digital Music section.

Neither do I know the exact rules within the European Single Market.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 19 2014 23:11:48

edguerin

Try here

and here

Hope this helps

Ed

El aficionado solitario
Alemania
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 20 2014 8:23:26

aloysius

There is a way around the geofencing - I recently bought the mp3 album of Parrilla de Jerez "Nostalgia" only available from amazon in the US, from here in Australia. I had to:

1. Have 2 Amazon accounts, the second one a pretend US one.
2. Use firefox extension 'Hola' and set it to US (Hola will make it appear your computer is in another country by routing through a different ip)
3. buy a gift card from my normal amazon and gift it to myself (same account).
4. buy album using gift card balance, selecting "give album as gift".
5. When mp3 gift email is received, click “Get your gift now”, then click “Use a different Amazon account”. Sign in using the pretend overseas account. I was asked for an address so I looked up a random US hotel.

There are more detailed tutorials on the net on how to do this - I haven't tried it for any European countries but I'd imagine it would work the same. It seems like a lot of work but it didn't take that long, and for this album was well worth it.

www.guitarsketches.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 27 2014 10:06:52
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote