Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Help with Rasgueados please!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

ZaidRockso

Help with Rasgueados please! 

So i've been practicing it for a while, i want to know where i stand at, what's correct about it, what's wrong about it , how do i better it.

Thanks in advance!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 10:17:54

Ricardo

RE: Help with Rasgueados please! (in reply to ZaidRockso

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZaidRockso

So i've been practicing it for a while, i want to know where i stand at, what's correct about it, what's wrong about it , how do i better it.

Thanks in advance!

ami(i) ami(i)i+ golpe....you need the (i) upstroke to come out much stronger it's almost non existent. For the basic i stroke you don't have to move the entire hand so much and the downstrokes need to be moe dynamic....by that I mean you are playing dynamically flat and some downstrokes can be stronger, most others practically inaudible....in order to bring out the accents and groove (soniquete) properly. tempo wise you are doing fine.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 12:22:16

ZaidRockso

Hi Ricardo thanks for your intel, i will definitely and did already think that my playing needs to be more dynamic, ill try dial speed down and focus on strength and dynamic and then getting it back up again . I was taught that the rasgeuos are always ment to be louder then than the usptrokes hence i purpously tried to make the upstrokes light instead of loud , though that was in a Tangos aspect, instead of Alegrias , can you shed some light on that?

Add : One more question , i've been taught to rest the thumb on the E String ( Flat as in the video ) and shoot the fingers down one by one basically have the fingers shoot out of the palm ,and the first joint of the thumb ( i think it's clear in the video ) , however i see many flamenco guitarists, and many videos that suggest that thumb goes inwards behind the E String and have IMA kind of hold on to the groove that's made and shoot from there, are both correct? Either or ? 1st one ? 2nd one? many thanks!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 18 2014 3:21:22

Ricardo

both are correct but serve a different purpose sound wise.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 18 2014 14:56:52

Paul Magnussen

quote:

i've been taught to rest the thumb on the E String ( Flat as in the video ) and shoot the fingers down one by one basically have the fingers shoot out of the palm

As Ricardo said.

The technique of firing the fingers individually has become more fashionable in the last decade or two: if you listen to the old dudes, they mostly use the technique wherein the next fingers starts before the previous one has finished extending.

The latter technique is easier, since it doesn’t require so much independence of the fingers.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 18 2014 16:11:59
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post