Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: PDL says you dont need to study !   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   6 7 [8] 9 10    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

guitarbuddha

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Richard Jernigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Jernigan

As to life plans for old men, when I was in the Army my platoon sergeant said he planned to live to be 85, then to be killed by a jealous husband.

RNJ

If only I could be so romantic and Quixotic. Unfortunately for me once the third world war starts and radiation induces 'the change' I will become immortal.

I will travel the globe looking for the perfect stereo system and recycling lenghty anecdotes.

As for Don Juan above at second glance I see real tragedy in a life spent aggresively in the closet. Nothing to look forward to but that first,final,fatal chaste encounter.

Still.... don't ask don't tell.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2013 22:28:53

Richard Jernigan

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to aeolus

quote:

ORIGINAL: aeolus

True but then there is the problem of cataracts, meaning I can only drive where i have been to, and i am damned if i am going to let some guy hack on my eye balls with an Exacto knife. So i am perfectly willing to live with my limitations as they are.

Different strokes for different folks. The night time glare was getting to me, it was getting hard to read street signs, so I had both eyes done, one in September and and one in October this year. Went in for the operation at 6 AM, done by 7:30, actually on the table for about 30 minutes. They knock you out for about 2 minutes while the Doc puts in the local anesthetic, then you're awake for the rest of the time. Had breakfast and took a nap when I got home, bandage off and business as usual by 11:30 AM.

Not only does the glare not mess with me, but now I can drive without glasses at all. I don't see as well as I did when I was 50 (20/15 then 20/25 now), but it's a vast improvement.

I told the ophthalmologist when I went in for the checkup the next day after the operation that when I moved into my house in 2010, it had been completely rehabbed by the sellers. I thought they had cheaped out by putting in dim lightbulbs. Now it's as though someone had gone through the house and put in bright ones.

With Medicare, total out of pocket cost was $53.00, but I would have gladly paid the whole thing, around $1500. It was worth it.

Larisa said I was trying to be cool, but I was like a kid with a new toy.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2013 22:59:21

Richard Jernigan

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to guitarbuddha

quote:

ORIGINAL: guitarbuddha

I will travel the globe looking for the perfect stereo system and recycling lenghty anecdotes.

D.

My humblest apologies for wasting so much of your valuable time. Please do not read any more of my posts. It will save you the onerous task of responding.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2013 23:04:44

guitarbuddha

quote:

My humblest apologies for wasting so much of your valuable time.

RNJ

Now now Richard...... even if I had the wisdom to value my time as much as I should I would still be glad to have you here during my briefer and rare visits.

I can't resist a gag, don't take it personally Especially since my gags are so bloody weak anyway.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2013 23:11:28

Miguel de Maria

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to z6

Good idea, the in-ear monitors might work well for me if they block out sound.

Connect with me on Facebook, all the cool kids are doing it.
https://www.facebook.com/migueldemariaZ

Arizona Wedding Music Guitar
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2013 23:57:31

z6

Aoleus I am so sorry to hear about your hearing problems, and happy that Richard has found partial solutions. I'm sure you've thought this and been told a million times, but science moves very fast these days. Trawl the research. You never know what be around a corner.

It is doubly tragic when a music lover is denied what once might have seemed a simple pleasure. (Get giant sub woofers you'll still be able to feel it with your body.)

But strictly no dancing.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 4:33:28

z6

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Miguel de Maria

quote:

.Good idea, the in-ear monitors might work well for me if they block out sound.

Honestly, with 'comply' tips the seal spares everyone else as well from the 'bud jangles'. I use Audeo but there are plenty. Phonak/audeo, with so much experience in hearing aids, take comfort and fit seriously. It's a job looking after them, and it's the comply tips that provide the seal so any brand that fits the tips would do.

I use them maybe six hours a day. They're almost 'invisible' on one's noggin. (But you have to clean them and change the tips a lot. Those tips are pricey, it's like having to buy strings, in terms of usage and expense.)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 4:46:03

Ruphus

Late to the party, but timely enough to thank Shroomy for the translation.
Looks like Paco observed something similar like me.

Further, surgical awareness on theory can result into overly interpretation of music that has merely been born of unconscious wisdom like experience, intuition and harmonical talent, policing the matter way more strictly than meant by the inventor.

Which is my subjective feeling on some of Ricardo´s interpretations.
Just like it would be dumbfounding if theoretical skills rendered the C d Aranuez as "BS". However, I suppose that to be less bound to notation than to the subjectivity on Ricardo´s side. Similar with needless elevating Paco to learning the Aranuez within minutes after spear fishing.
But the maestro provides more than enough skills and self-confidence to have sincerely told how he learned the notation.
Finally, must have been Ricardo´s worshipping strategy how he missed out on Pepe Romero on the list of players of the concierto, who in fact played it best of all - to my taste.
( A topic I been tarred and feathered for already when new on the forum, when I mentioned the other gig when Paco lost the notes of his part in the concierto, with the audience whistling and booing.)
-

Interesting about lazering the eyes. Been talking about such with a friend, who was suspicious about damages through the operation. ( Mentioning burned recpetors?)
Told him how newspapers were reporting very positively already ~ 15 years ago. ( Olympic biathlon athletes lazered to over 100%, etc.) And how today things ought to be better with even less damages.

Aeolus,

Are you not concerned about risk for other traffic participants when driving with cataract?
My mother completely stopped driving for much less of unpredictability.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 10:56:43

guitarbuddha

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Ruphus

How about I start a religion.
God is distant and all powerful. I know him best because I am the godliest. You may get to know him only through agreeing with me. You must find my arguments compelling no matter how fatuous otherwise you will be stoned as a heretic. Remember that you are unworthy and may redeem yourself only through agreeing with me etc......

Seriously though I prefer the Yamashita to Pepe Romero on the Aranjuez.

D.

NEWS just in Olympic legend Haile Gebrselassie announced that in order to be an olympic medallist ONE NEED NOT TRAIN !!!!!. Simply spend hours and hours every day running from an early age. That's right no training .....just lots of running. So you heard it here first. go on everyone sack your trainers (are they as good as Haile Gebrselassie....NO of course they aren't) and log onto Haile Gebrselassie's 'Get Great Without Training' website where skilled acolytes of Haile will advise you on how to BE better than people who foolishly train. Thats right you wont have to cope with the tedious business of 'GETTING' better you wil simply realise that you ARE better. Yes that's right even if you don't have the time to do lots of running you will BE better.

(HAILEGABRESALASSIE.COM IS IN NO WAY LEGALLY ASSOCIATED WITH HAILE GABRESALASSIE THE PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL. HOWEVER ACOLYTES HAVE A CLOSER REALTIONSHIP TO HAILE'S DEEPEST THOUGHTS THAN COULD BE GLEANED BY MERELY LISTENING TO INTERVIEWS............ OR BEING HIM. )

(OTHER WEBSITES ARE AVAILABLE BUT PRNEWSOVISION(TM) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO POUR HYPOCRITICAL SCORN ON THEM AND TO ALIENATE ,MARGINALIZE AND BANISH THEIR SPOKESMEN)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 11:30:57

aeolus

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to BarkellWH

quote:

Having just this year entered my septuagenarian decade, I am not yet ready to think of an epitaph. But should fate decree one necessary, I can think of nothing better than the lines Lady Caroline Lamb wrote in her diary about her lover, Lord Byron, upon his death.

"He was mad, bad, and dangerous to know."

Would that there were some fair ladies who would write that about me in their diaries.

It may be too early to start thinking of an epitaph, but maybe not. Visiting Keats grave in Rome one can read his:Here lies one whose name was writ on water Filching that would be presumptuous but a minor poet who lived a little later, David Gray, suggests a more obscure quote might escape detection: here lies one whose name was traced in sand My earliest memory was playing in the sand at Boca Chica at the mouth of the Rio Grande. My family rented cottages there during the summer. A hurricane obliterated them.
While I should be buried next to my wife in the local cemetery, I am tempted by a natural burial further up the road.

Natural burial allows your body and soul to entwine with all the beauty that Mother Nature has to offer:

no embalming fluid
no concrete vaults
burial shrouds, pine and wicker caskets
preservation and enhancement of the natural surroundings
natural stone markers
hand dug burial sites
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 12:31:08

aeolus

quote:

Aeolus,

Are you not concerned about risk for other traffic participants when driving with cataract?
My mother completely stopped driving for much less of unpredictability.

I don't dare drive after dark but I do see well enough certainly to drive in daylight. If it gets to the point that I do think there is a danger then I will get the operation.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 12:41:32

aeolus

quote:

It is doubly tragic when a music lover is denied what once might have seemed a simple pleasure. (Get giant sub woofers you'll still be able to feel it with your body.)

I had a friend that worked in a stereo shop and he invited me to his 2nd floor apartment(in an old wooden frame house) for dinner and to demonstrate his gear. He had built a plywood enclosure about 5' high and
4' x4' on the sides for low frequencies and he put on the turntable LPs of the mighty Wurlitzer organ. Now that was some low frequency! I asked him if the other renters objected as it must have shaken the whole house but he said they liked it.

As for dancing definitely no as I had to sell my motorcycle after loosing my sense of balance and even walking can sometimes be perilous. And the red wine taken for medicinal reasons doesn't help.

http://www.stgpresents.org/wurlitzer
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 12:53:40

aeolus

quote:

They knock you out for about 2 minutes while the Doc puts in the local anesthetic, then you're awake for the rest of the time.

About a dozen years ago I was happily riding my motorcycle when some idiot decided to make a quick U turn from the curb...in front of me This was the first time I was in the hospital overnight since 1937 when I had my tonsils out. I was knocked out with ether and woke up the next AM. What I learned from this second visit, for a week, is they don't really care if you suffer. whether it's the DEA or what they don't give you enough dope and believe me broken ribs hurt! Bad. A half hour on the gurney seems an eternity. What if the anesthetic wears off? Hell you are knocked out for a colonoscopy and that's supposed to take a half hour.
I'll have the operation. Soon.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 13:12:41

guitarbuddha

quote:

I'll have the operation. Soon.

Go for it !

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 13:26:09

Ricardo

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Blondie#2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blondie#2

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark indigo
maybe he did the same thing for both....

Paco's own words:

'I had to learn this concierto without knowing how to read a stave. I came here with a music book that indicated the meaning of each note in the score. I played for 12 hours in a row everyday for a month'

He probably tried that at first, but basically he is lying here. He made this statement in early interviews to show that it was a challenge for him cuz he is sort of 'proud" to not be able to read. Sort of like, don't look down your nose at flamenco because even without education I can do what you guys do BETTER. He was a little peeved I think about comments on his playing in the past by segovia, who said PDL playing fast scales is NOT technique, etc. It ties in to the concert he cancelled due to the triple billing with Placido Domingo and Julio Iglesias, the advertising put his group in small print. He felt only in spain that BS occurs...cuz flamenco people are "low class". It is obvious why Paco accepted the challenge to do Concerto to rub his art in the face of spanish classical snobs, just as in 1975 when he got himself and hundreds of gitanos in the doors of the Teatro Real.

Truth is, he is BS ing everyone cuz the song is NOT that hard to play, relatively speaking. years later he was "outed" in a classical guitar magazine by his buddy Jose Maria Gallardo del Rey. He basically said NO paco did not learn it from the score at all, it was too time consuming, so he just showed him how to play it in person....traditional flamenco style. (Mclaughlin and Al Di did the same since paco couldn't read charts or even pick up every detail from the tapes they sent him, but in minutes he learned the trio stuff face to face). JMG del rey also conducted the orchestra the first times Paco performed it. But basically Paco got the thing by ear. Paco's statement "he wanted to play as written" is referring ONLY to the rhythm and tempos etc. AS I said it is not LITERALLY playable fingering wise and every player adapts parts. Paco doesn't read music but understands, obviously, the mathematics of rhythm and that if it could be written then it CAN be played in tempo plus some nice soniquete...unlike what he had been hearing others do. Still, as Erik mentioned, we notice he does in fact copy some of the classical player nuances especially movement II....I blame JMG del Rey for that.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 14:12:33

guitarbuddha

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Ricardo

He drops the same notes in the aukward voicings leaving generally melody plus dissonance plus whatever falls under the fingers, kind of a giveaway that he was open to help.

Most young classical players learning this piece with a good teacher will prepare it with the score at home to the best of their ability then the teacher will show them tips tricks fingering solutions and which notes to leave out.

Same for Cellists and Clarinetists.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 14:17:59

Richard Jernigan

quote:

quote:

As to life plans for old men, when I was in the Army my platoon sergeant said he planned to live to be 85, then to be killed by a jealous husband.

RNJ

As for Don Juan above at second glance I see real tragedy in a life spent aggresively in the closet. Nothing to look forward to but that first,final,fatal chaste encounter.

Still.... don't ask don't tell.

D.

Over the years I have quoted my platoon sergeant a number of times. This is the first time I have encountered the closet fantasy. Still, as Brother Dave used to say, "Everybody's got his own kick going."

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 15:55:00

Richard Jernigan

quote:

What I learned from this second visit, for a week, is they don't really care if you suffer. whether it's the DEA or what they don't give you enough dope and believe me broken ribs hurt!

At age 91 my mother had major abdominal surgery. I spent the night at her bedside afterward. Her only complaint was that her back hurt. I went to the ward nurse's station and reported. I was ignored.

The next morning my brother and his wife came by after church. The hospital is part of the large medical complex at Galveston. For years my sister-in-law ran the nurse practitioner education program. My brother was head of the Aerospace Medicine Department at the medical school.

My sister-in-law asked my mother how she was. My mother replied, "I'm doing OK"

I said, "Her back hurts."

My sister-in-law asked, "Would you like something for it?"

"It might help."

My sister-in-law went to the nurse's station and brought the head nurse into the room. My sister-in-law said, "This woman is one of the toughest people I know. She is not a cry baby. When she says her back hurts, she needs some pain medication."

In five minutes a young M.D. with a neatly trimmed VanDyke beard appeared from the Pain Management Department. Right away he was saying, "Yes, Mrs. Jernigan, No Mrs. Jernigan, of course, Mrs. Jernigan, right away Mrs. Jernigan." My brother stood silently in the background. The young M.D. was well aware of who my brother was, but he was taking his orders from my sister-in-law, the nurse practitioner. He knew who she was too, and that she wasn't going to take any bull s h i t from him.

A machine was promptly rolled into the room. An intravenous injection was hooked up. The machine delivered medication when my mother pressed a button.

When my brother and sister-in-law came back to take over for the night, I said, "I'm glad you showed up when you did. Those people just ignored me."

My sister-in-law just frowned and shook her head.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 16:16:13

Richard Jernigan

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

Interesting about lazering the eyes.

Ruphus

In my case, not laser reshaping of the cornea, but replacement of the lens in each eye.

Thirty-odd years ago, before laser keratotomy was widely practiced, there was an ophthalmologist in Austin who had been to Russia to learn the procedure. It was developed in the Soviet Union.

My college room mate and long time friend had one of his eyes done on his annual visit to the USA. He was very pleased, having been strongly nearsighted from birth.

He returned the next year, and reported to the doctor that he saw quite well, both near and far, with one eye nearsighted and the other corrected. He said the doctor smiled and said they were discovering more and more people who adapted this way. My friend left things as they were.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 16:25:39

guitarbuddha

quote:

Over the years I have quoted my platoon sergeant a number of times. This is the first time I have encountered the closet fantasy. Still, as Brother Dave used to say, "Everybody's got his own kick going."

RNJ

You took his words at face value. Everyone but me took your words at face value. You took their capitulation at face value. You now find a double meaning in my suggestion of a double meaning.

Well that's progress Richard.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 16:56:30

Richard Jernigan

quote:

You took his words at face value. Everyone but me took your words at face value. You took their capitulation at face value. You now find a double meaning in my suggestion of a double meaning.

Well that's progress Richard.

D.

I don't think anyone who knew him took his words at face value. I expected him to be killed long before he reached the age of 85, and not necessarily by a jealous husband. I suspect he did, too.

He was one of the most deeply defensive individuals I ever met, operating on the principle that the best defense is a good offense. Oops, there I go with the double meaning thing again.

It is encouraging, finally at age 75 to be making progress.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 18:03:37

aeolus

quote:

At age 91 my mother had major abdominal surgery. I spent the night at her bedside afterward. Her only complaint was that her back hurt. I went to the ward nurse's station and reported. I was ignored.

Age might have something to do with it. When the EMT wheeled me into the ER he warned me of this. I wasn't sure it was because of my age or for having done such a damn fool thing as ride a motorcycle in my early 70s.
At the conclusion of the evaluation phase I found myself sitting in a empty room on a gurney. At this point that I could sit up without heavy pain would later be impossible when they reduced the dosage. Anyway a guy came in an announced that he was an orthopedic surgeon He began to talk and though my hearing was still serviceable then, I had no idea what he was talking about due to shock and the dope, excerpt the last thing he said:but at your age what difference does it make
I didn't know what he meant until I got home and looked in the mirror and was aghast to see my left shoulder hanging down about an inch below the right. The tendons had torn. Checking online at a sports clinic near Austin I could see that reattaching them is a tricky bit of work I am glad they didn't take it upon themselves to just go ahead and operate. I had a 5/8th gap in a break in my left collar bone and I was surprised that it would grow together. The gap at least made it possible to sue for pain and suffering and I collected a nice award.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 18:30:00

Ruphus

quote:

In my case, not laser reshaping of the cornea, but replacement of the lens in each eye.

Having no clue, please allow me to ask:
Why did new lenses not suffice for full recovery? Is it because of degradation on the receptor side, or maybe for uneven shape of aged eye ball?

quote:

Thirty-odd years ago, before laser keratotomy was widely practiced, there was an ophthalmologist in Austin who had been to Russia to learn the procedure. It was developed in the Soviet Union.

I remember hearing about the Russian doc. He was a great attraction for patients from all over the world. At that time the costs must have been peanuts for foreigners.

After the collapse of the USSR I read that he settled over to USA and opened a clinic, becoming super rich.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 19:37:18

guitarbuddha

quote:

I don't think anyone who knew him took his words at face value. I expected him to be killed long before he reached the age of 85, and not necessarily by a jealous husband. I suspect he did, too.

He was one of the most deeply defensive individuals I ever met, operating on the principle that the best defense is a good offense.

RNJ

You speak of him fondly Richard.

I guess you forgave him for standing on his dignity. As long as he kept a sense of humour eh ?

Or did you have to act dumb with him all the time ?

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 19:38:30

Paul Magnussen

quote:

the song is NOT that hard to play, relatively speaking.

We are still talking about the Concierto de Aranjuez, right? Do I gather correctly that you had no problem with it? If so, you are in a very small minority.

Schott, who publish it, used to grade most of their music from 1 (very easy) to 6 (very difficult). The Concierto was one of only two guitar pieces graded 7 — virtuosic. The other was the Bach Chaconne.

P.S. Dare I add that it’s not a song (despite the addition of crappy lyrics to it by who-cares-whom)?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 20:19:59

guitarbuddha

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Paul Magnussen

Gerardo Nunez on the Concerto.

'For example two years ago I played 'El Concierto de Aranjuez' in Italy, and for a couple of months it was driving me crazy. It's a really hard piece to play, but I adapted it, played it and had a fine time doing so.'

Rest of interview here.

http://www.flamenco-world.com/artists/gerardo/nunez2.htm

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the challenge is making music musical. Getting the notes is a good first step. The second step is the harder though, if you are in the habit of noticing it is there.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 20:29:37

aeolus

Really pessimistic view of Spain. I have read of the horrific unemployment rate there among youth though the EU is saying they are out of recession.
There was a MotoGP race in Valencia last week end and there were a reported 100,000 people there and the tickets for that don't come cheap so maybe things are improving.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 21:20:33

Ricardo

RE: PDL says you dont need to study ! (in reply to Paul Magnussen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Magnussen

quote:

the song is NOT that hard to play, relatively speaking.

We are still talking about the Concierto de Aranjuez, right? Do I gather correctly that you had no problem with it? If so, you are in a very small minority.

Schott, who publish it, used to grade most of their music from 1 (very easy) to 6 (very difficult). The Concierto was one of only two guitar pieces graded 7 — virtuosic. The other was the Bach Chaconne.

P.S. Dare I add that it’s not a song (despite the addition of crappy lyrics to it by who-cares-whom)?

Well... sorry but who graded it and can he or she play La Barrosa?

I restate that it was not that hard ..... RELATIVELY speaking....that being it's Paco we are talking about and he plays other stuff you can grade as you like. I admit already concerto is UNPLAYABLE until you make adaptations, then it becomes pretty easy. Chaconne segovia version for example (cuz again it's adapted from violin versions) I would say orders of magnitude way more challenging to pull off except it is a solo so you won't get nervous screwing up with an orchestra...or at least a piano accompanist as I did in college.

I know classical players are scared of it cuz it has a fast scale section and some strumming.

quote:

Finally, must have been Ricardo´s worshipping strategy how he missed out on Pepe Romero on the list of players of the concierto, who in fact played it best of all - to my taste.

oh missed that before Ruphus. No, I clearly caught him and Yamashita with my "etc, etc", end of my "list".

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 21:44:12

aeolus

quote:

I know classical players are scared of it cuz it has a fast scale section and some strumming.

Really? Fisk says the Aranjuez plays the rent and it is performed many times over a season and I don't think flamencos are hired for the performance.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 21:50:44

Ricardo

quote:

quote:

Really? Fisk says the Aranjuez plays the rent and it is performed many times over a season and I don't think flamencos are hired for the performance.

Cuz rumba is even easier and pays even MORE rent. Enter Ottmar and mcdonalds flamenco.

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2013 21:52:31
Page:   <<   <   6 7 [8] 9 10    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   6 7 [8] 9 10    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll