Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Bank transfer standards?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ruphus

Bank transfer standards? 

There is a small amount of money to be sent from Canada back to my account in Germany.
The Canadian bank now wants personal data like my private address, eventhough they got my name, IBAN and BIC. !??

Is this the new obligation, or am I mixing up things?

Every day you read about enormous sums of tax escape and laundry money that are being sent around untouched and how they allegeldy even vanish untracable. But Joe pedestrian needs to prove his DNA for tansfering lesser than miserable pocket money, or what? WTF!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 17 2013 19:28:11

estebanana

RE: Bank transfer standards? (in reply to Ruphus

They should be asking for the street address of the bank, the routing numbers and account numbers. You home address should not be needed.

If it is a small amount of money you might consider setting up a Paypal account and mark it as a gift so you don't get the fee.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 0:36:53

Ruphus

RE: Bank transfer standards? (in reply to estebanana

Thanks Stephen!
So, I was right then. These guys even want my phone no.

Paypal are crafty. When you leave your account untouched for a while they annex the cash. When they did that to me I found out that they had done this routingly to customers. It is only little known as they seem to organize the removal of links about such behaviour in the internet.

It took me the help of a lawyer to finally get my cash back, with the advocat´s fees on me.

As a revenge they apparently instigated the kick out from my online bank Consors, who then uttered that they "cannot reveal the reasons for the termination".
Suddenly you find yourself short of a stock account whilst in Middle East / far from opening another one in Germany. It caused quite some trouble.

Ruphus

PS:
Paypal also accounts arbitrary exchange rates always to your disadvantage, no matter which direction the currency exchange.
And when you inquire they have no congruent thing to say about it, naturally.

These big players who launch thelike huge undertakings or buy them off as start-ups seem untouchable by law and free to do however they like internationally.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 1:54:04

Arash

Ruphus,

i can tell you that all of this is because of your origin (race).
They are extremely cautious (also because of sanctions, etc.) and there are also some unwritten rules. Specially with US and canadian banks (some german banks too).

We had similar issues with banks.
In one case a bank 'indirectly' forced my dad to close his account there. They can do that without giving a reason. Of course we knew the reason. Even though we are living since 25 years here.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 9:46:57

estebanana

Arash,

Did you tell the bank to go smell chos and hear your gooz?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 11:03:52

Ruphus

Not to devalue your observations - which I consider quite likely -, but scientifically race does not exist with humans, and I am from Germany.
It mustn´t make a difference for the brown shadow that floats throughout industrialized nations, but ...

Paypal´s behaviour occured to many Germans, as I found out on my research. The lawyer I engaged finally had represented some of them against pp.

My impression is that it has rather to do with critical voicings in public and on the internet. Pointing to established mafia routines, to unethical standards, to exploitation, gross environmental destruction and not at last to banks who in the basic way they profit are actually illegitimate in a democracy, and to their practise of instigating "national debts", hence looting the people twice: First by draining off from states budgets and secondly by squeezing off the private sector ...
That mentioning I think is more likely to find yourself mobbed by banks.

And not only by banks.
If I told you how boldly I was deprived with my sues before German courts, you might hardly believe it.

Who denounces the twilight apparently gets to feel it.
-

Having said that, I must mention that I am fond of my main bank, who are presented by friendly staff who goes out of their way when I need their help from abroad, like from Costa Rica or now.
Really nice people. :O)

Apparently the evil network, though mighty enough for broad applications like cleansing of critical hints on the internet, is not fully complete.

Finally, the schizophrenia between official / inofficial decrees and actual routines must be taken into account as well.
You know, like the DEA that is supposed to fight drug cartells, but as well engaged in drug dealing and money laundry ... In the same way you can be certain that the very bank that molested your father in the same time will kowtow to turbaned heads and their prey of billions of dollars seeking for deposit.

Hypocrisis making for inconsistent images and routines.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 11:37:11

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: estebanana

Arash,

Did you tell the bank to go smell chos and hear your gooz?

Nope my american fart buddy,,,,
goozing and chosing infront of enemies was Ahmadinejad's method.
Didn't work so good in the past for us. (though, i have to admit that i am still using this outdated and primitive method as you have witnessed)

But now we have a new president, a more moderate one, who always smiles and never farts in public. So we adopted accordingly and simply said "thank you for closing our account", walked away, and opened another bank account somewhere else. Let's see how the new approach works ;)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 12:57:41

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

Not to devalue your observations - which I consider quite likely -, but scientifically race does not exist with humans,
Ruphus

thats just scientifically.

enrich uranium up to 20% and your will see that science becomes less important and is replaced more or less with basic and primitive instincts (not only in the reactor, but also in canadian and german banks) ;)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 13:05:22

estebanana

Well I've always admired Persians, unlike many other cultures they were able to long ago distinguish between goozing and chosing. Most cultures only understand the creation of methane with one name.

Even more that G&C I like Persian food.

Also in the US if banks give you a hard time for where you are from you can change banks. Usually small local banks are a good choice, and if a bank discriminates against you you can blow the whistle on them with the Better Business Bureau. it might not solve the problem, but if they have a track record for discrimination the BBB can take action. Banks are getting a lot of bad press and try to smooth out public relations. Does not change the way they operate or the products they offer, but they don't want to be seen as discriminatory today. You do have to go out of your way to put pressure on them, but if enough people do it..it helps.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 18 2013 23:34:28

Ruphus

quote:

Even more that G&C I like Persian food.

Me too. Served with skillfully cooked basmati. Mmmmh!
Something the Persians hardly get to see since years, with the exception of the wealthy.
You will also find that sursprisingly many of the little people are not accustomed to the fine cooking of rice, with discrete grain. Rather will they let the rice boil and soak too much and get mushy. As I assume for original reasons of filling stomachs at less quantity of rice.
Now they also need to do away with most miserable rice sorts, often times drawned in DDT. ... If they eat rice at all.
Even potatos are now at luxury price there.

But back to the cuisine:
As yummy as much of it is, the incredibly small amount of dishes indicates the issues that makes the basic difference since the ancient times when Persians were intellectually leading.

Since many centuries now the mentality there is the mentality of vegetating. Of indifference and insignificance. Of desinterest and cluelessness. A premisse of curiousity and passion for nothing. And a mere consuming attitude.
There is hardly even basic differenciation with raw food ( potatos et al being just that, largely independently of sorts ) just as there is with anything natural / wildlife species. ( Folks not knowing the difference between leopard and tiger, etc.)
I don´t know of any culture that is so estranged from nature. ( Kids growing up in apartments completely unfamiliar with animals, and when they see any they in place of becoming enraptured will all too often feel the need to torment the creature or take it apart.)
Even just the Arabic term for animal ( "heivun") is the `elevated´fools idiom of disparaging and disdain.
> Sorry for clutter, Stephen. I know.<

That is on principle why the same small number of dishes is being eaten traiditonally without ever even aims coming up to try some new combinations and invent new recipes. The only contemporary addings are all imported.

Compare that to the central European cuisines like of the Italian, French or Austrian with their countless of dishes. With hundreds sorts of cheese and bread and cooking methods and highly select combining and spicing ... Supplying sensational explosions one after the other for years in a row.

There you quasi taste the development from backwarded to attentive and sophisticated over a course of 2500 years. A course of discovery, of trial & error and before all: curiousity about the options out there.
Whereas with the Persians you see the opposite.
From former pioneers of intellect to the diametrical opposite; neglect, carelessness and dissolution.

It is such a shame. Cyrus The Great spinning in his grave.
He could´t even be wanting to hear the contemporaries quoting his name as ancestor. For he was of entirely different tradition.

Had the Dariuses not wasted his heritage on behalf of unprincipled triviality, and Alexander not burned down the remains, todays world would likely be leaps ahead from now and basically different.

There are many points in history worth considering as decisive in regard of global tendencies, with some of them of dramatic relevance. And the waste of Cyrus achiements could eventually be the no.1 of all regarding past 5 millenia.

Sadly, all the genius in the world seems worth little when administered by successive fools.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 19 2013 13:38:39

estebanana

I like the tadik, the pan browed potatoes under the basmati especially with the currants too.

The clutter situation is getting better, but I will not interfere.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 20 2013 3:28:40

Ruphus

The tadik of the rice itself, golden fried, ain´t shabby either. Nor the version with chicken skin.

I rank the Persian cuisine as ideal contrast to the kinds of nouvel cusine with those small quantities with diverse courses.
The Persian kitchen representing the rustic pendant where you pile up on a plate like the tower of Babylon and fill yourself with earthy lust.

... Only not in the way vast of Persians actually do, which is shovelling meals super fast with a spoon. Like with the eating routines of the Wests Middle Age, spoons are not reserved for liquid, and any other part of cutlery is merely used to fixate a piece of food for dividing.

That rushing and stuffing is a pity and disrespect to any tasty meal, which wants to be appreciated and thoroughly extracted of its flavours. Also the spoons large metal surface is detrimental to the tongues sensing of the food.

But once people adopted to gobbling down whole meals within a minute they seem to be having a hard time with retrunning to actually chewing everything and sensing all richness of taste.

Just saying.
-

Used ot know a guy who owned a Persian restaurant. Every night around eleven PM his kitchen guys would take all of the golden tadik of a huge pot and throw it into the garbage can.

"Sacrilege" would just be a too small word for that.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 20 2013 14:16:46

estebanana

The last line about throwing away tadik would be a great opener for an article about Persian food because it has power. Followed up by tadik rice ain't bad....

Perhaps you're a food writer but don't know it yet. Have you ever read MFK Fisher?

I'd be out there next to the garbage can with plate and fork.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 21 2013 10:20:17

Ruphus

quote:

I'd be out there next to the garbage can with plate and fork.

Me wasn´t far from that either. A couple of times been really hungry while watching that crime. How I could not understand that ice-cold, cynical act.

Man the thought on tadik made me hungry.
I am much too little educated in that realm for to try food writing.

- And being more interested into other stuff, like the phenomenon of methexis and paradox appearing conditions, or dealings about eventual sense of life, etc.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 21 2013 14:26:50

estebanana

Easy to read, will make you hungry to try new things:

http://www.gourmet.com/profiles/m_f_k_fisher/search?contributorName=M.%20F.%20K.%20Fisher

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 21 2013 23:40:00
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote