Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Jack Buckingham   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

TheAdProf

Jack Buckingham 

Hello friends!

My name is Chris Clark and I am the grandson of the late Jack Buckingham. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to still hear people talk about my beloved grandfather here in this forum. He was such a precious man and I know he touched the lives of many--myself included.

I've been blessed reading about the different stories on the forum about my grandfather and those he loved so dearly (like Gabe Souza and his students and fellow players). I have fond memories of listening to my grandfather play guitar as his oil paintings dried in his studio and also visiting the Souza ranch as a young child.

There are many stories I've read here that I didn't know about. There is so much I don't know and so much info was lost after he passed. I want to make sure that I pass on as much as possible to my own kids, who often hear about their talented great-grandfather. If anyone has any information, pics or stories about my grandfather or the other musicians he hung out with, I'd love to hear/see them. He was such an inspiration to me. And now I am also a musician, artist and professor!

Thank you so much for reading my post. And I look forward to any responses.

Blessings,

Chris

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2013 21:41:15

fredthrane

RE: Jack Buckingham (in reply to TheAdProf

Chris,

I knew your grandfather very well. I studied classical and flamenco guitar with him in the summers of 1964 and 65 when I was in college. I also went on a trip to Spain that he organized in 1966. Both he and his wife, Carmen were great people that I have fond memories of. Jack was very helpful to me in my career as a guitarist. Please feel free to contact me at fthrane@aol.com if you wish to talk about your grandfather.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 17 2018 17:13:47

Escribano

RE: Jack Buckingham (in reply to fredthrane

Love it when this place keeps some flamenco memories alive and brings people together.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 17 2018 19:54:11

Paul Magnussen

RE: Jack Buckingham (in reply to TheAdProf

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you. I never met your grandfather, but I loved his El Arte Flamenco (and reviewed it on Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1LREJEQWFX1Z0/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004NRWCPC

Do you have any recordings of his playing?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 17 2018 21:26:59
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post