Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Pedro de Miguel 5C?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Rockitman

Pedro de Miguel 5C? 

Hello...new to the forum. I have been offered a Pedro d Miguel model 5C in trade, but I cannot find much on the internet about this guitar. While I have been able to read about the makers themselves and their shop in Spain, little info is available on their guitars with reference to quality and value. Can anyone provide any insight, as well as possible value on a 5C model in excellent condition (year unknown)? Thanks in advance to all!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 15 2013 16:57:14

Morante

RE: Pedro de Miguel 5C? (in reply to Rockitman

Guitars from Pedro de Miguel are handmade and signed. Other guitars are bought in. The last time I was in the shop, all the other guitars were Alhambras with PdG labels. They were not sold as primeras.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 15 2013 18:15:54

avimuno

RE: Pedro de Miguel 5C? (in reply to Rockitman

I'm not sure about this 5C model but Morante is right, "Pedro de Miguel" (2 luthiers by the first names of Pedro and Miguel - Pedro passed away a few years back, so it's Miguel handling everything now) builds handmade concert guitars.

I have been after a negra for a while now, as they are amongst my favorite guitars... amazing value for the money they charge, and they have managed to keep their prices steady over the years.

I was in their shop a couple of years ago... I got to try a few of their student models, which are not made there in the shop. I'm not sure who makes them, maybe Alhambra, but they are of a very decent quality. I would say that the ones I have tried were on par with the Sanchis 1F I used to own... they would have made a really good "second" guitar - a guitar you take out to gigs and parties without being scared to damage it.

I know that they recently decided to bridge the gap between their primeras and their student models... they now offer an option at a price of €2,500 (or at least this was the price 2 years ago). Miguel told me that this model was entirely handmade by a luthier his shop works with... the woods are of a superior quality than the student models, and you can even have it french polished. In addition to that, the final setup was personally made by Miguel. He had such a negra in his shop when I was there and I was very impressed by it... definitely a great guitar, although for that kind of money, you can get a concert level instrument nowadays!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 16 2013 6:40:28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post