Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

[Deleted]   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

[Deleted] 

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 27 2013 20:02:50

tri7/5

RE: Compas Builder Metronome Software (in reply to Guest

Very nice review and it has my interest since you say it has as small footprint, good sounds, good support, and runs on a pc. I think what happened initially if I recall was the developer or someone who seem to be associated with compas builder was getting into arguments about other programs. Not the best way to make a good first impression so I know I had written it off initially because of that. This review has made me think twice though. The youtube videos are also very nice.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2013 15:02:50

Arash

Thanks for the review. interesting.
will download the demo to check it out.
seams like the makers are also in Germany.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2013 17:30:37

FredGuitarraOle

Hey Nealf, I just read this review but I still need another opinion from you on this. I have been waiting for Doctor Compás to be released on PC for a long time. They anounced recently they are working on it but they are taking years to do it. Because of that I am now considering buying this one. The only problem is that it costs 59 euros, in contrast to Doctor Compás which costs 20 USD (about 15 euros). You see where I'm going with this... It's a difference of almost 45 euros... Is it really worth it?

Thanks.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2013 22:45:27

Sr. Martins

I can see this being useful and simple to anyone who strictly wants a fool proof software to build compas but for that price and even less you can buy a DAW which does all that and much more. In fact you have free DAWs that do all that and much more so... maybe 59€ isnt the right price for this product or maybe it has some special features that Ive overlooked.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 0:00:55

tri7/5

RE: Compas Builder Metronome Software (in reply to Sr. Martins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rui Martins

I can see this being useful and simple to anyone who strictly wants a fool proof software to build compas but for that price and even less you can buy a DAW which does all that and much more. In fact you have free DAWs that do all that and much more so... maybe 59€ isnt the right price for this product or maybe it has some special features that Ive overlooked.

I see a DAW as a different thing. It's an audio recording and editor, not necessarily a metronome/rhythm tool. Not everyone wants to have to grid out samples of palmas, cajon, cante, percussion etc. in a DAW editor window for every single palo to practice against. That's why these programs exist. Just set your tempo and you're off. Now if you could find a CD that already has compas loops that would be easy to load into a DAW for tempo control and looping but you'd probably have to pay for that as well.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 12:27:16

Sr. Martins

RE: Compas Builder Metronome Software (in reply to tri7/5

A DAW is way better than any app at doing all those things. Besides that it does even more, total flexibility with audio and midi for whatever metronome/backing need you might have (including recording your own guitar). After all they are called digital audio workstations for a reason.

The point where I agree is that these metronome apps have limitations that are useful to people that just want a metronome and dont know how to use a DAW.

59€ as a discount price for a niche product that is just a very limited piece of software code when compared to any DAW (even free ones).. doesnt look like a bargain to me at all.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 13:11:06

[Deleted] (in reply to Guest

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 19:15:44

Sr. Martins

quote:

You said it can do everything the Compas Builder can do, I'm super interested to see you prove this. Otherwise you're blowing hot air.

I see that you're ignorant about what a digital audio workstation is but I can assure you it is a workstation for digital audio, its supposed to do everything you can think of when dealing with audio.

I wont bother doing what you ask just because you're lazy to seek info for yourself.

I can tell you though that just the metronome function of software like cubase, reaper and many others can do 90% of what this app does. The difference is that the metronome on these softwares is just 0,0001% of what they can do.

quote:

whats your point?

My only point was the ridiculous price. Oh, and its supposed to be at discount..

Either you do have commercial interest on this or youre trying to justify the money you've spent.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 19:39:20

Arash

Well, i don't think 60 Euros for a niche product is much and the software seams to be quite professionaly developed.
The price must be a little higher, exactly BECAUSE its a niche product.
There are only a very limited number of people who would buy this product, so how can software developers even make few dollars profit (if any) with a very low price?. Its not like Cubase where all musicians are potential customers.
Special/niche products are always a little more expensive and i can see why.

Of course i would have nothing against a "foroflamenco special discount" ;)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 20:33:24

Sr. Martins

RE: Compas Builder Metronome Software (in reply to Arash

quote:

This was my original post. Its my opinion about the product and a heads up to people that might already have a DAW but never thought of using it as a full featured metronome. Even Guitar Pro 6 can be a fabulous metronome which does a lot. Sometimes we already have the tools but dont think about using them in creative ways.

Thats all I meant, the rest is/was becoming a crap argument which I wont feed.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2013 20:53:41

[Deleted] (in reply to Guest

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 2 2013 15:35:01

tri7/5

Has anyone else picked this software up and have any thoughts?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2013 16:59:49

Francisco57

quote:

Operating Systems - only Windows compatible. Tiny memory footprint when running, good coding. (edit: I mistakenly said it was Mac OS compatible)

Hello Nealf,
since today we now offer a Mac OS version.
Regards
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 11 2013 14:47:49

quote:

I give it a 9.9 out of 10.

guess it's a 10 now Nealf...great review.
now have it on my macbook and also migrated it to my imac
this is awesome software indeed
all the features have been covered well in the original post by nealf
the interface is very easy to use and programme...
also great support from the developers
i must also say i have no affiliation with the product other than someone who purchased the product
i do small cafe gigs and often would use solo compas loops
this offers so much more in terms of programming and sounds
really enjoying the benefits of this software

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 26 2013 5:56:32
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message