Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

In your bathroom   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ruphus

In your bathroom 

Rirardo was just wondering in another thread how any OT thread will develop into social concerns.
He shouldn´t wonder actually, but this thread may finally meet expectations by staying relatively negligible.

With a friend having come over from Europe to see yours truely, I took the opportunity and had him outrageously loaded with gadgets. Things like humble but great mobile phone, laser metering, laptop, SSD HDs etc.pp.

Three of the things that proved really great and might possibly be missing in your bathroom too:

#
A nail file of glass.
My friend brought two, and just in the way I had read in a lad´s forum while beforehand researching, the inexpensive one turned out to be the better one.

Should you still be using those sintered metal ones ( like I was ), get yourself a glass one. ( Don´t take those named "crystal" though, the lads gave them bad reviews.)
A good glass file is such a relief.
Before I always dragged filing as it just took too much time.
With the glass thing however everything´s a breeze and you can sculpture much better too.

#
An electrical toothbrush.
Times are over when dentists would contradict industries claims according to which electrical brushes were working better than skilled hands.
They do now indeed work much better.
Just don´t go for that overprized brand that has you covered with its ads everywhere.
Their product is too expensive and its intensivity performance will go down continuously with the life of the rechargable battery ( which besides can´t be replaced / the whole thing must be thrown away).

Yours truely has opted for a model from Panasonic. ( I have had besides only good experiences with this brand. They are simply doing great jobs.)
Its performance will stay all the same until the battery dies. ( And the battery can be replaced, though exclusicely by the company´s service.)
If you want to know the model, you may use PM, so that the thread may not appear like a commercial. ( ... Though, why not actually. Informing each other on decent grabs is one of the benefits of the new medium and an opportunity to reward good manufactury.)

Since my time as dental technician I have the habit of manually brushing my teeth intensively, probably 5 minutes or so.
The results with the new e-brush are uncomparable, even when used only for the 2 minutes that the device suggests. A quicky.
I now actually like the dental procedure! :O)

#
A must have only superceeded in conjunction with another kind of device called "sonicare" air floss from Philips. ( So far I think without alternative on the market.)
It won´t fully dispense you from using silk floss, but it appears to me as if a classical silk application of maybe once all three days could be enough.

These little things like dental flossing that daily rob you some time here and some there to me are such an annoyance. From there parts like the e-brush and the e-floss just hit the nail on its head for me.
Optimally after meal, taking not even half a minute to remove interdental remains is so easy and refreshing. I love it.

These two devices alone, together with a dozen or so of spare parts ( to last for maybe 2 to 3 years ) came in for nearly 250 €.
Not exactly cheap, but if you like well cared for dentures at least of time expense, these are so absolutely worth it.

Disclaimer:
This sonicare thing is new on the market / without long-term experiences / reviews, and I already have a subtle feeling as if the pressure of the device was slightly reducing ( which could be false impression, though).
So, let me report back in a while again to see how it might be performing over time.
-

Finally for the bearts among you.
Plagued by a beart cutter from Braun ( that brand isn´t what it used to be since many years) - that will always leave single hairs poking out - I wanted to obtain a model from panasonic, the only make that I formerly expereinced as perfectly cutting, and that on the fly), but as the model I wanted turned out not available in Germany, my visiting muchacho opted for a Remington.
Conclusion: ( The Remington works only slightly better than the Braun. Handy being merely its separate long hair cutter.)
Try out Panasonic with your next purchase of a beart cutter.

Handing the bathtub back to you,

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 21 2013 15:59:13

Ricardo

RE: In your bathroom (in reply to Ruphus

got the glass file and tooth brush. Gonna look into the air flosser

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 21 2013 17:33:33

Ruphus

When I used the glass file first time I thought of you, assuming that you may be having it.
When we talked about it once you said that you file daily ( which is optimal, naturally), and as I think to see now the comfy application of a glass file must be helping you with keeping up the discipline.

Provided the air floss turns out lasting you´ll love it. :O)

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 21 2013 17:48:03

flyhere

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jan. 21 2014 22:12:41
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 21 2013 21:29:30

Ruphus

Dunno why they kept the water reservoir so small, but troublesome compared to fiddling around with floss or poking with rubber picks, wood or plastic?
In my case the reservoir holds for one complete round, and when feeling like applying more it takes maybe three seconds to open the lid and fill up under the tab.

Maybe you let it run dry and had to first pump six times, before resume? If so, maybe give it another try by filling it up while still ready to shoot. I won´t even turn it off for refilling and the reload really gets done in a blink.

I wouldn´t cut any unwanted hair, for my belief that cutting only makes hair grow stronger.

From there I would happily replace any nose hair gadget with toys like above mentioned laser meter. Everyone should have one in their tool box.
Point, shoot and there you have the exact distance on your display. Mucho gusto!

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 21 2013 23:21:17

Sean

Ok, but how does the fancy toothbrush stack up against a hot well endowed dental hygienist with a low cut top?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 22 2013 0:01:20

Ruphus

That could be when good old analog wins.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 22 2013 0:15:48

flyhere

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jan. 21 2014 22:12:17
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 22 2013 5:21:21

keith

one needs to see the dental hygienist every 6 months so your options are:
1. floss and brush and enjoy the time with said hygienist and focus on the low cut top or
2. do a crap job of flossing and brushing and suffer so much in the chair that you cannot focus on the low cut top and then give up guitar money to the dentist for further work on the teeth.

by the way, waterpik makes a portable recharging flosser that you can take into the shower. just fill it up, floss while you stand under the shower.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2013 9:43:13

flyhere

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Dec. 18 2013 3:22:04
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2013 16:19:12

keith

RE: In your bathroom (in reply to flyhere

flyhere--here is the deluxe model at amazon. there is a non-deluxe model for about $10 less.

http://www.amazon.com/Waterpik-WP-450-20009320-Waterflosser/dp/B000UWAWQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362072690&sr=8-2&keywords=waterpik
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2013 16:35:12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post