Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas.   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

bursche

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to Dave K

quote:

Anders, I think Cante Jondo moved to a garage in Madrid...

¡Vivan tus cojones! That was great, I watched the entire thing

Visit me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRaGz6Lf-Uz0HxUv-dGQFLQ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 7:33:22

Anders Eliasson

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to bursche

I will not post more on these threads.
I will retire from this and some other sections on the forum.
I can feel that what I stand for and what I write is not being accepted and I can feel that the majority of the forum would prefer me to shut up. So I will do so. Besides, this place has a negative impact on my life in general and I dont feel that that I have a place here anymore. Its ok. I can accept that.

For now, I can be found in the luthiery, the off topic and the classifieds sections. And if you want me to leave those as well, I will do so.
Enjoy life and have a nice day.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 7:55:38

bursche

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to Anders Eliasson

quote:

For now, I can be found in the luthiery, the off topic and the classifieds sections. And if you want me to leave those as well, I will do so.

Hey Anders cheer up! We're having a discussion and you've had both supporting and disagreeing opinions here. It's quite a lively discussion so people obviously want to read what you wrote and feel motivated to answer. You're giving us points to think about.
I bet you'd be bored by a community in which everybody just says: "uhm...yes you're right", "I second that", "true."

Visit me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRaGz6Lf-Uz0HxUv-dGQFLQ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 8:11:51

KMMI77

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 27 2013 10:24:03
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 8:42:42

mezzo

Luis el Zambo has strong opinions on the flamenco situation matters. I already watch this entervista a couple of times (months ago). It's great to listen how he apprehends things.

http://vimeo.com/53419654
At 5'00 begins the fire

Also, Luis stated that the situation in Andalucia (or spain) concerning how the public enjoy cante jondo cannot be compared to what happen with France, Germany, Holland or England' s public.
It's particulary clear when you listen to him that foreigners audience appreciate more cante jondo than the andalusian/spanish one.

http://youtu.be/Aw5w8Iv7BQ0
In this one he's speaking about the french public taste in Nimes festival. Toward the end he talk more about how the cante evolve and why nowadays...but's it's hard to get it clear coz Luis did speak with the 'know what i mean' attitude

I concur with what Luis stated coz I experienced it. When I assist to flamenco festivals in France, there's always great programmation of cante jondo show. There are the one I enjoy the most obviously.
Once there was that Diego Carasco family gig with Tomasito, Junior and their flamenco rapero show. The public did not respond to that, the room was almost sparse...

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 9:42:32

Erik van Goch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson

I will not post more on these threads.
I will retire from this and some other sections on the forum.
I can feel that what I stand for and what I write is not being accepted and I can feel that the majority of the forum would prefer me to shut up. So I will do so. Besides, this place has a negative impact on my life in general and I dont feel that that I have a place here anymore. Its ok. I can accept that.

Although i don't think anyone dislikes your input or wants you to leave the foro i can't change how you feel..... i can only hope this partial retreat will change things for the good (as far as you are concerned) and that we might enjoy your input in other sections as long as you feel comfortable with it. For now i wish you all the best.

...your profile pic suddenly feels like some kind of memorial statue....

speaking about statues, some of the Vigeland Park statues comes in mind like the man fighting of "flamenco light" and the elderly person (cante jondo) squashed between the newer generations.

http://www.holidaycheck.ch/vollbild-Vigeland+Park+Vigeland+Park-ch_ub-id_1156032784.html

http://www.holidaycheck.ch/vollbild-Vigeland+Park+Rze%C5%BAby+Vigelanda-ch_ub-id_1161926225.html
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 9:43:38

Chilli Fingers

quote:

this place has a negative impact on my life in general and I dont feel that that I have a place here anymore.

Hi anders, we dont know each other but I can feel you are genuine about what you say. At the end of the day no one knows exactly what is going through your mind and why. To know that one must have experienced everything you have AND be able to put themselves in your mindset to be able to fully understand where you are coming from. Its just too hard, so its unrealistic to expect people to understand your perspective in its entirety. Thats why I go by feeling and intuition when trying to understand others. Intuition is much stronger than we realise imo, and more important than most think. I dont need to analyse your opinion to know you are genuine. There is no right or wrong when it comes to peoples perspective. You came to youre opinion through a sequence of events and experiences, nothing more. You dont need to feel negative about people not understanding. If they try to analyse your perspective, how can they apreciate fully where you are coming from? They cant, its impossible. So by default, most will be responding to your opinion on a totally superficial level. You are at a crossroads, only you can decide which direction to take. Its silly to let this forum banter have such a negative effect on you.

peace bro
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:00:05

zata

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to KMMI77

quote:

You may notice a scarcity of what you perceive to be true flamenco . But i wonder if you are giving everything else a chance?

Who knows what "true flamenco" is... I leave such important decisions up to my ears.

The acid test for me is when I ask myself: "Would this music have made me abandon my home, family and culture 42 years ago?"

Sadly, the answer tends to be "no".

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:24:41

KMMI77

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 27 2013 10:24:14
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:24:55

zata

quote:

As i understand it, Galera is considered a palo on its own.

Lebrijano created the song not based on any historical musical reference. It's a song he hoped would catch on, but I don't think anyone has ever sung it except him.

In the same line, Paco and Camarón created "Canastera", which shares a fate only slightly less dismal, having been revived by Terremoto hijo shortly before his death two years ago. Once in a while you do hear singers pull up a verse or two. But it's not likely to become a "palo", times are no longer propitious for the creation of new forms, and the last member to join the club of palo creators was Pepe Marchena with his colombianas many decades ago.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:34:09

Erik van Goch

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to zata

quote:

ORIGINAL: zata

Who knows what "true flamenco" is... I leave such important decisions up to my ears.

The acid test for me is when I ask myself: "Would this music have made me abandon my home, family and culture 42 years ago?"

Sadly, the answer tends to be "no".

In a way flamenco travelled the opposite direction and lost part of it's true nature when it abandoned home, family and culture.

ps, your profile pic looks excellent to me :-)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:38:34

zata

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to mezzo

quote:

When I assist to flamenco festivals in France, there's always great programmation of cante jondo show. There are the one I enjoy the most obviously.
Once there was that Diego Carasco family gig with Tomasito, Junior and their flamenco rapero show. The public did not respond to that, the room was almost sparse...

That's not what happened at all. I was there, the place was packed to the rafters and the audience went wild, giving the longest standing ovation of the festival. Here's my eye-witness report written the same night (scroll down to "Raperos Canasteros"):

http://www.deflamenco.com/revista/resenas-actuaciones/festival-flamenco-nimes-2012-ines-bacan-rocio-molina-vinatica-raperos-canasteros-diego-carrasco-junior-tomasito1-1.html

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:44:32

KMMI77

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 27 2013 10:26:29
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:53:48

mezzo

quote:

I was there, the place was packed to the rafters and the audience went wild, giving the longest standing ovation of the festival.

Yes, the show wasn't too bad. I did not think I would enjoy it in the first place, but it turns to be so.
As for packed for the raffers, I do not agree with you. Indeed I was very surprise with the scarcity of the public.

quote:

But it's not likely to become a "palo", times are no longer propitious for the creation of new forms, and the last member to join the club of palo creators was Pepe Marchena with his colombianas many decades ago.

And Fosforito's taranto?

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 10:56:40

zata

quote:

And Fosforito's taranto?

Fosforito was the first to record the taranto de Almería, but has never been credited with its creation.

Two or three years ago Fosforito was commissioned by the Festival de Lo Ferro to create a new cante which would be called "ferreñas". He worked up a melody, and the Lo Ferro festival even gives a prize each year for the best interpretation of ferreñas.

But no. It's not likely to stick.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 11:05:24

KMMI77

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 27 2013 10:26:40
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 11:07:28

Erik van Goch

quote:

quote:

That's not what happened at all. I was there, the place was packed to the rafters and the audience went wild, giving the longest standing ovation of the festival.

I saw Diego Carrasco once during the Dutch flamenco biënnale in Amsterdam......that was once but never again. I just expressed the idea that flamenco lost part of it's true nature when it abandoned home, family and culture.....obviously one can not expect artists to shine on demand because "it's time to light the show" as the muppets would say. But i can expect the artist to do "the best he can" and Diego appearandly did not share that thought. I know he can be marvelous when he feels like it.....but i also found out the hard way that he can scorn (foreign?) public and act accordingly. I'm glad that was not my first encounter with flamenco (i joint in in the early 70ties as well) because if it was it would probably have been my last as well. ....but i still enjoy him in Sanlucars wonderful Alegrias.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 11:12:24

zata

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to Erik van Goch

quote:

I saw Diego Carrasco once during the Dutch flamenco biënnale in Amsterdam......

Erik, I presented that show in Amsterdam with a half-hour conference (perhaps you were even there), and later reviewed it: https://www.deflamenco.com/revista/paginai.jsp?codigo=2211

In both the conference and the review I struggled to give perspective to what Diego does. You're a hard sell, but read the short review and give Diego another chance.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 12:22:02

Leñador

I like Diego, I can't picture him being too xenophobic with an album name like "Hippytano" and all the other experimental stuff he does. Thomasito bugs me though........

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 14:39:29

zata

quote:

As for packed for the raffers, I do not agree with you. Indeed I was very surprise with the scarcity of the public.

Packed to bursting, "heaving" as Brits say. Diego Carrasco is adored in Nimes, the mayor awarded him the keys to the city some years ago. There was talk about putting him in the large theater to accommodate the huge demand for tickets.

Maybe you arrived early and didn't notice how the place filled up...certainly there were many people standing across the back.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 14:49:37

zata

quote:

Would i be right in assuming you have changed just as much as flamenco has since you made that decision?

No. I'm exactly the same person, just more wrinkly.

quote:

I have a friend here in Australia who has just returned from Jerez. He would love to give up everything and go and live in Jerez now. So that same alluring pull of flamenco must still be there today. Even if you don't feel it anymore, It doesn't mean it is not being felt strongly by someone else.

I feel the allure plenty. It’s what is being offered as flamenco that doesn’t quench my flamenco-on. That doesn’t mean it isn’t good music. Classic opera, country and western, Indonesian folk music and many hundreds of other excellent genres also fail to satisfy my need for flamenco.

quote:

I'm not arguing that modern flamenco is better or worse than before. To me modern flamenco just expresses people of today, and reflects the time we live in, the results of the past, and expresses what people feel now.

Evolution is a slow plodding process. For all practical purposes we’re no different from humans of millions of years ago. The same need for food and shelter, the same hopes and desires, the same disappointments in love, the same fear of death. If today José Mercé sings about his cell phone battery running out just when he’s talking to his girl, a hundred years ago the same cantes and compases had verses about equally painful separation resulting from other causes.

Flamenco fills an emotional niche not broached by other genres. That’s why fusion, although it produces nice music, ultimately leaves (some of) us hungry for something else.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 14:59:59

Escribano

quote:

Jeesh, I uploaded my picture, but it's so frickin huge! I trimmed to 195x195 like the instructions said, but no one else's is this big

It was 195x195. I made it a little smaller for you

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 15:29:17

zata

RE: Rumbas y los demás cosas. (in reply to Escribano

quote:

It was 195x195. I made it a little smaller for you

Thank you Simon!

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 15:44:28

Erik van Goch

quote:

quote:

I saw Diego Carrasco once during the Dutch flamenco biënnale in Amsterdam......

Erik, I presented that show in Amsterdam with a half-hour conference (perhaps you were even there), and later reviewed it: https://www.deflamenco.com/revista/paginai.jsp?codigo=2211

In both the conference and the review I struggled to give perspective to what Diego does. You're a hard sell, but read the short review and give Diego another chance.

I unfortunately didn't see your conference (i think that night i was busy finding money to buy a couple of cd/dvd boxes like the remastered PDL and Camaron boxes and the Rito y Geografia del cante flamenco serie). I still remember he was on dutch television the sunday for the concert (with his family) and that performance already dropped my expectations to almost zero. So the line-up in your review seems to be consistent with my concert. All i care to remember is that i enjoyed and met Moraito that night (who 2 years later combined the Biënnale with a couple of masterclasses at my old school in Rotterdam which was a delight to attend).

As far as Diego Carrasco is concerned, i'm not planning to attend any more concerts were he is involved ... he might be a phenomenon in his natural habitat but when it comes to appearing for "ignorant foreigners" he seems to be quite scorn....i sensed it that night and it was confirmed to me by someone who seemed to have the luck to know him a little better. Like i said i respect the guy for his good moments but i'm not expecting to see any of those moments on stage anymore.

The only concert (re)views i value so far are my own views and those of my father. You seem to be extremely passionate and knowledgable on the subject, but in all honesty....if you forget all the wonderful moments you probably shared with him among friends and only value the performance he gave that night..... would he pass your acid test? Because that's the side i have to see when he seems to be in a "let's get this over" mood (to say it a little more mildly).

ps Based on your other review i bought those dvd's when i visited Poveda's "Sin Frontera" (which i did like)....i remember that because afterwards i also visited UHF packed with dvd's.

Ps2 I'm surprised to hear you had the impression Moraito didn't ring a bell to dutch public and that they generally expected flamenco to be touristic (if i had tourist level expectations it was dude to that discouraging tv appearance, i basically came for Moraito). If i remember well Moraito received applause even before he was seated because here in the netherlands he was already a big name. The only one that made me think i was watching tourists stuff was Diego Carrasco so in that sense his mission was extremely conta productive. But maybe you were right about the public not being very knowledgeable because he generated lots of applause.

And in case you think Pele was unknown to me as well....in the early 70ties when you started to explore flamenco so did i and the very first record i ever bought in my life included Pele. I met Vicente in 1983 and obviously enjoyed there later collaborations, so don't expect me to expect tourist stuff :-). You must be aware it were the dutch who offered the very first University School of Flamenco Guitar in the world..that was 30 years ago...the students of those students have students now and the same counts for flamenco dance. We started to explore flamenco over here on a professional level in the late 80ties with big names in big concert halls (the old vredenburg)... back than Utrecht was even referred to as "el Utrera del northe" visited by big names like Manolo Sanlucar, the 15 year old Jeronimo Maya and obviously Fernanda y Bernarda de Utrera.....the precent day Biënnale is just a marvelous opportunity to invite the artist we have admired for over 25 years (or 50 years if the wonderful Manolo Marin ever decides to come back to the Netherlands..my father met him various times in the 50ties and can still detect his moves in younger generations)...and if a young guitarist called Cano is mentioned i can't help wondering if he is family of that great Manuel Cano that helped started my interest in flamenco.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 17:16:27

Ricardo

quote:

quote:

I was shocked by Chozas in rito because he made up his own solea. Now if some kid did that today, he would be made fun of by aficionados.

Actually, the opposite is true. Singers used to stick to traditional verses, but nowadays everyone tries to write their own. Unfortunately that can make for some dorky poetry...probably best not to renew too much all at once. I enjoy hearing about two thirds traditional verses to one third original at most. There's some brilliant poetry in the traditional ones, that's why they've stood the test of time.

People can create whatever they want, what's to stop them?

I was talking about the style of solea, the unique melody timing and delivery, not only the lyrics. Please point me in the direction of anybody singing their own made up style of solea (or siguiriya) alive today, that isn't taken as a joke, or considered "bad" as far as singing goes. I am not a big fan of Morente but for sure when he tried doing his own versions of cante melodies some aficionados said he was the assassin of cante etc.

And aside from that, as you are on the same boat as anders that cante is almost dead...who still alive "does it" for you these days?

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 18:40:04

KMMI77

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 27 2013 10:24:51
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 20:20:24

zata

quote:

Spending only 3 years traveling around Spain and Europe effected me as a person. It also changed many of my perspectives.

Flamenco changed me many years before moving to Spain.

quote:

Travel aside, Some flamenco that had a very strong effect on me in the past, no longer has the same effect on me when i hear it today.

I've never experienced that. The things I liked years ago sound better and better with the passage of time.

quote:

... without development and fusion, i wonder where flamenco would actually be?

It would be exactly where it is. A vital energetic funky expressive genre that has little in common with the suave hipness of contemporary output.

A lot of young people continue to practice traditional flamenco. They just can't make a living doing so.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 21:11:10

estebanana

I don't know as much about flamenco as Anders, but I know where he's coming from. When I got into flamenco 20 years ago the people I knew who were good aficionados in their 50's who had spent 20 years in Spain were saying it was just about over. Then as people passed away one by one they became circumspect about flamenco. Ten years ago I remember older ones complaining that buleria cuple of pop songs are not really very flamenco.....

I'm not old enough to have heard some of the great people sing, so in sense there is a hollowness to flamenco for me in that I feel my experience is incomplete because the things that are held as bench marks of importance are all in the past. A past I will not be able to even look back and say at least I heard it then. Just about everything in flamenco that is moving for me is recorded music, of Fernanda, Mairena, Borrico...the list goes on, right? Of course there is still flamenco, but I missed the Belle Epoch.

It's strange in a way to be interested in something that largely exists in recorded form, in something that you can't go back to. Or in something that if you chase it around Spain you might never see. Odd that I've seen/heard some of the remants of the cante in California in kitchens and living rooms when artists come here, living rooms that if I were in Spain I would not get invited into. It's so real and yet so out of context. Then to top it off knowing that cante is really the basis for flamenco and knowing that the guitar is more or less aside note, I mean really. The guitar is great and all, but I hardly ever listen to recordings of solo guitar, maybe once every six months.

To me flamenco has mainly become about student dancers learning enough stuff to do buleria in a student show. Sad I know to think that way, but the majority of everything I see is marketed towards that. Teaching something that really is fading away. Student dancers are almost always interested in cante as far is it serves their needs, it's just something to dance to. Seldom to you hear them talking about Cante' outside the context of foot work or which letra will you dance to?, seldom. To say that is a turn off is an understatement. People call me on the phone as ask me why I don't go to see friends dance or why I'm so unsupportive. Because I can't delude myself into feeling or thinking that it is actually real. Unless flamenco is a spirit or state of being and not actual fleshed out cante'.

I've seen enough dance students to last a lifetime and if I were to have watched that many scratching unseasoned student vioinists, pianists or trombonists at that level with out any meaty substantive classical music to back it up I would give up on classical music altogether. Take my meaning?

But I do have a few friends who are the core of the scene here this area, professionals who are vetted who do good flamenco and I love them, and I support them. But I understand Anders, as you get older you get discontent about things. MAybe because we both make guitars and see the unsavory things in flamenco it is difficult to justify learning to make flamenco guitars which have not much to do with cante', knowing that you love to hear solea sung with only knuckles hitting a wood table top. Or that you spend 15 years getting good at something and then feel like the situation is hollow in some way. Hollow in the sense that most of the guitar making talk is guitar-o-centric and full of crap. See when you make a flamenco guitar you don't think about how other guitars sound or why Conde's do this or that, or which species of wood is better, it's all nonsense, trade talk. What you really deep down think about is how will this guitar sound with a good flamenco singers voice? Then it dawns on you that flamenco in the sense that it was sung, which shaped the way the guitar developed, could be gone. Then you think am I making guitars for what? Will it ever be played by a guitarist with real singer? Maybe, but probably not in almost all cases.

So if you are Anders what keeps you going?

In a way you have to practice self delusion to keep you going, you have to tell yourself a small lie. Most days telling yourself a small lie is bearable, other days it is a great inconvenience or burden to getting on in the practical matters of the world.

So cut him some slack, cut your self some slack. Some of us are more hard wired to resist deluding ourselves about how we make a living. Some people can tell themselves the lie to go to work and when they get off they shift gears out of work mode, artists/creatives usually walk around 24 hours a day in self critical work mode. It's a hazardous job, like all jobs.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 21:46:23

KMMI77

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 27 2013 10:24:33
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 21:59:05

zata

quote:

What do you do within flamenco? Sing, dance, play guitar?

I started out many many many many many many many years ago as a guitarist, playing and singing for dancers. Hated practicing, so I stuck with cante and also ended up doing some dancing. Now I'm a journalist and writer.

Estela Zatania
www.deflamenco.com
www.expoflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2013 22:54:36
Page:   <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message