Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

pdl's guitar - cool   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

alexandropach

pdl's guitar - cool 

I thought someone here mentioned that Paco's guitar had indian back but it seems like it is Brazilian.

http://www.mundo-flamenco.com/de/gitarren-gebraucht/355-gitarre-paco-de-lucias-unverkaeuflich

Enjoy it!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 29 2012 16:37:06

tele

RE: pdl's guitar - cool (in reply to alexandropach

Holy grail! That is the most straight grained Brazilian I've seen. I wonder why there's plastic behind the bridge? It's also kind of cool how the tuners are mismatched.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 29 2012 18:51:36

Ricardo

Cool pics. We had a long thread years back where we discovered that Paco had the same old red guitar refinished 2x at least. This final version he had the rosette changed too, the proof that it was the same was the Brazillian pattern on the sides and also the V shaped veins of wood grain on the top below the bridge. No body said it was Indian rosewood, but I think the guitar he used on stage before this one (with Al dimeola and mclaughlin and after solo quiero caminar) might have been Indian rosewood based on pics and vids, but only guessing because it did not have the wavy pattern.

I wonder what tuners are the new ones...they are not mismatched they were changed by the luthier that took pics.

http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=56895&mpage=1&p=&tmode=1&smode=1&key=paco%2Cconde

After all, I realize from the close ups of the head stock that the head stock is NOT the same as the old conde...pretty weird it seems it was changed as well.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 29 2012 18:52:00

tele

RE: pdl's guitar - cool (in reply to Ricardo

Any brazilian rosewood guitar with such a straight grain can be mistaken to be indian from a distance. It's interesting how this guitar can be seen with paco through the years(I identify it from the side pattern above the heel), I suppose it's the ultimate negra.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 30 2012 12:01:28

HolyEvil

this is pretty cool. So gravina shop in the 70s. Would it cause people to get a conde from that shop/era?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 30 2012 22:30:19

tk

RE: pdl's guitar - cool (in reply to HolyEvil

I have been trying to sell my Faustino negra on ebay lately.

Here is the old link on the classified section:
http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=214202&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

I just noticed that the signature on my guitar is the same as Paco's guitar but mine says 'Sobrinos de Domingo Esteso"

TK

TK
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tsolakk
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 31 2012 6:19:09

Ricardo

RE: pdl's guitar - cool (in reply to HolyEvil

quote:

ORIGINAL: HolyEvil

this is pretty cool. So gravina shop in the 70s. Would it cause people to get a conde from that shop/era?

Probably around $500 or so back then. I find pics of guitars can be inspiring. THis spread of PDL's favorite guitar gives me the idea
it would be cool to have like a flamenco guitar coffee table book photographed like that in detail with specs of a bunch of famous known guitars that were used on famous recordings. Like that R. Montoya guitar, the sabicas barbero, PDL here, maybe Tomatito's guitar used to accomp camaron, Vicente 's reyes, M. Sanlucar's Ramirez etc etc.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 31 2012 15:51:20

tele

RE: pdl's guitar - cool (in reply to Ricardo

Yeah it would be cool to have such a book or webpage. There's bunch of them about electric guitars(Famous ones). I'm sure there would be lots of interest towards one about flamencos.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 31 2012 20:05:14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post