Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

The Non- Apocolypse   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

El Kiko

The Non- Apocolypse 

just reading all about this stuff and thought I post , just to keep you all calm ....

THE WORLD DIDN'T END on Dec. 21, 2012

According to modern interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar, the world was supposed to end this morning at 6:11 EST.

Well, pinch me if I'm dreaming, but it looks like we're still here.
Which means those crazy theories were wrong.
Earth was NOT sucked into a giant black hole. The sun did NOT enter an apocalyptic "galactic phase." Solar flares did NOT reverse the poles and fry us. Earth did not smash into a giant planet called Nibiru.
The Mayan Apocalypse will go down as just another false doomsday theory, along with those of Harold Camping, Pat Robertson, and many more.
Of course, some doomsday theories have yet to be disproved, so don't sell your canned food and post-apocalyptic vehicle yet.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2012 19:59:15

Leñador

RE: The Non- Apocolypse (in reply to El Kiko

Yeah, when I woke up still alive I realized I had a lot of apologizing to do.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2012 20:27:38

Sean

Me I checked the Aussie news before heading to bed just in case; I didn't want to sleep in and miss it.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2012 20:30:55

estebanana

You're in the Matrix. Call me.

Morpheus

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2012 22:02:07

El Kiko

RE: The Non- Apocolypse (in reply to estebanana

Ah well , better luck next time , eh !!

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2012 23:24:18

shaun

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 0:22:39

It was all set to go ahead...but PDL made a huge issue of the event happening on his birthday that its been rescheduled to a later date...

Personally I'm glad it didn't happen... The thought of leaving this planet without not knowing who let the dogs out.... My way to Sesame Street ....or why they steralize the needle for lethal injections....why people put their two cents in but is only a penny for your thoughts....why Joanie left chachi....what is Victoria's Secret ... Why a psychic never won a lottery...why abbreviated is such a long word...or when a deaf person goes to court it is still called a hearing... Why the alphabet song is the same as twinkle twinkle and why you are singing those two songs right now....why women can't keep their mouths closed when applying mascara...why lemon juice is artificial while dish washing detergent is made with real lemons...
So many unexplained things..,, thanks PDL

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 0:35:15

estebanana

RE: The Non- Apocolypse (in reply to Guest

quote:

....or why they steralize the needle for lethal injections....

Now there's an ethical redundancy if I ever heard one.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 2:42:54

chester

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlVal

It was all set to go ahead...but PDL made a huge issue of the event happening on his birthday that its been rescheduled to a later date...

Personally I'm glad it didn't happen... The thought of leaving this planet without not knowing who let the dogs out.... My way to Sesame Street ....or why they steralize the needle for lethal injections....why people put their two cents in but is only a penny for your thoughts....why Joanie left chachi....what is Victoria's Secret ... Why a psychic never won a lottery...why abbreviated is such a long word...or when a deaf person goes to court it is still called a hearing... Why the alphabet song is the same as twinkle twinkle and why you are singing those two songs right now....why women can't keep their mouths closed when applying mascara...why lemon juice is artificial while dish washing detergent is made with real lemons...

Lol. One of the funniest posts here recently. I hope you solve at least one mystery on the list. If you do - please PM me.

Thanks.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 3:06:39

Ruphus

Yep, funny ponderings!
-

In 1999 a friend told me of a Turkish aquaintance who had told him about the doomsday around New Year as own prediction of his mullah. Amused I inquired in anticipation how the mullah would be handling his credibility before the parish afterwards, but a reply never came about. Guess in certain realms details serve temporarily anyway.

And last night I learned from TV that Luther predicted doomsday for 1532. After that he set 1538, and after missing out again postboned for 1541 after which he gave up on it for good.

Countless missed out predictions settled for times of flourishing environment are funny, in the same time each of failed predictions could add to the rigid bypass of the actual extinctions going on currently and of the practical threat of breakdown within coming years.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 7:19:38

El Kiko

RE: The Non- Apocolypse (in reply to Ruphus

I suppose it means I have to pay back all that money i got from the loan shark ...
and buy Christmas presents now .
Also quite a lot of apologizing to do around here .....thanks a bunch Mayans ....

You 'd think you could trust and ancient MesoAmerican culture , ...but no ....

I wonder why they picked this date ..............

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 15:12:26

Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlVal

...why we have to drive on the parkway and Park in a driveway...why do men have nipples...

Well I take comfort knowing that within 5 billion years, the sun will swell up and become a red Giant and consume the inner plants including earth, taking with it all there ever was left on our world that we or future species of earthlings had not yet carried off into space, erasing all history. For sure we humans will be LONG gone by then, so no fear the apocalypse of earth IS guaranteed in the future...just hope we learn to work together to get off this rock before then.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 17:03:05

Pgh_flamenco

I saw an interview of some of the ancestors of the Mayans and none of them had ever heard of this apocalypse.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 17:43:07

El Kiko

RE: The Non- Apocolypse (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

within 5 billion years, the sun will swell up

yeah but luckily by then I will have travelled back in time and created so many paradoxes that I will have learned the guitar before it was invented .....and then live my life in an early mediaval Mars colony , with a giant robot and small sand worm for company ....that what I was told anyway .........

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2012 18:31:59

Jim Opfer

I wouldn't rule out Nibiru just yet, look around at the weather!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2013 21:42:42
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post