Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guitar....!!!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4 5    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Yojimbo

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to chester

quote:

ORIGINAL: chester

If you were just anyone it might have been a reasonable question. Thing is, I've been noticing your behavior ever since you joined the foro and recognized a trend. Your posts are almost never positive (I would say never but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt) and you usually have some sort of agenda - usually involving an attempt to vindicate your early career here as a Diaz fanboy.

As for 'putting words in your mouth' - see your latest post on the other Antonio Rey thread - I can hear the giggles from here.

I have nothing against Ruben Diaz nor his guitars. I just think you're acting in a very obnoxious way by baiting us so you can then pull out 'elitists' or whatever word of the day happened to come up on your toilet paper roll that morning.

Seriously, how come I understood what 'sounds like plastic' meant? Because I did my homework and am educated enough to have an informed opinion on the subject. That's all I'm asking of you.

More insults. I think this one is even more uncalled for than your first broadside.

Do you speak to people in real life like this? I somehow think not.

The universe is indeed expanding - to get away from this planet.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 1:28:42

mark indigo

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to amigo

love the creepy horror film psycho laughter at 6:17
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 16:48:41

Leñador

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to Yojimbo

quote:

love the creepy horror film psycho laughter at 6:17

I missed that the first time around! Awesome, now I know where Anthrax got it for the intro to Madhouse......

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 17:01:29

rogeliocan

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to Adam

It's more like this

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 17:10:25

tmock

quote:

He starts recording a new album in December!

quote:

Holyshiatmonkeypicadobadasswtfomg! :) cool *to the Antonio Rey video.

These should really be the take-aways from this thread. Not that we didn't already know that Antonio was a monster. But wowww!

By the way, Doit, your avatar had me really confused for a minute.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 17:43:14

bursche

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to tmock

As I still haven't played an Andalusian I can't say anything about their quality and I'm not giong to judge them by watching videos...

What I can say is that Diaz's way of exploiting everything he possibly can to advertise his product is disgusting compared to how other luthiers usually run their business (with a humble attitude).

"5 MAJOR Awards Winner Antonio Rey PRAISES (yeeeah) Andalusian Guitars Marcelo BARBERO 1948 Sound Portal"

The worst thing still is how he uses Barbero like a part of the brand name.

btw I know Diaz is not the luthier but the marketing manager. That is the point. Other luthiers don't even have a marketing manager.

Visit me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRaGz6Lf-Uz0HxUv-dGQFLQ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 18:09:11

tri7/5

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to bursche

quote:

ORIGINAL: bursche

As I still haven't played an Andalusian I can't say anything about their quality and I'm not giong to judge them by watching videos...

What I can say is that Diaz's way of exploiting everything he possibly can to advertise his product is disgusting compared to how other luthiers usually run their business (with a humble attitude).

"5 MAJOR Awards Winner Antonio Rey PRAISES (yeeeah) Andalusian Guitars Marcelo BARBERO 1948 Sound Portal"

The worst thing still is how he uses Barbero like a part of the brand name.

btw I know Diaz is not the luthier but the marketing manager. That is the point. Other luthiers don't even have a marketing manager.

Not to open a can but has he ever came out and officially said he's affiliated with the guitars? I mean it's more than obvious by watching but just curious.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 18:54:24

estebanana

quote:

I could watch her eat popcorn all day, but I'll tear myself from this scintillating conversation to craft a flamenco guitar.

More importantly, I'm looking for some helpful hits for cooking Fettucini Alfredo. How much nutmeg, if at all do you kind fellows think should be used in Fettucini Alfredo? I am using the heavy cream and good Romano cheese for the sauce, but something seems to be missing...

cheers!

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:04:23

tburke

Is it overly skeptical to think Antonio Rey, won't indeed be playing a Andalusian on his new album...

I would be very surprised to see these guitars on stage in the hands of well known tocaores
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:28:26

rogeliocan

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to estebanana

quote:

More importantly, I'm looking for some helpful hits for cooking Fettucini Alfredo. How much nutmeg, if at all do you kind fellows think should be used in Fettucini Alfredo? I am using the heavy cream and good Romano cheese for the sauce, but something seems to be missing...

Hmmm, personal taste of course but I find Nutmeg would be too overpowering so if I was to use it I put very little. I find that ground curry is amazing to add a touch of something, again, you add it slowly, a little at a time, so it adds character but without actually being able to taste it flat out, if you know what I mean.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:30:25

Leñador

I've always gone 1/2 Romano 1/2 parmegiano-regiano, absolutely must be grated by you. Taste for salt after it's melted in the cream. You are starting with a rue yes? you don't want your rue to even blonde out, it's just there for emulsification not flavor. As far as nutmeg I've done it once or twice but a pinch to a cup of cream is plenty. Also, I like adding a hit of tomato sauce to give some acid.

Noodles are key as well, put more salt then you would think in your water and don't let them get soggy, they cook for a bit longer after they're strained.

Hope that helps!

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:33:43

estebanana

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to rogeliocan

quote:

I find that ground curry is amazing to add a touch of something, again, you add it slowly, a little at a time, so it adds character but without actually being able to taste it flat out, if you know what I mean.

That reminds me that although it is not traditional, Alfredo with a bit of heat in it can be very tasty. Cumin and cayenne in trace amounts now come to mind.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:35:02

estebanana

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to Leñador

quote:

You are starting with a rue yes?

Can you explain how you are making the rue, please?

I may make this dish for a gluten free friend so I might use egg noodles or some other gluten free product.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:37:26

bursche

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to tri7/5

quote:

said he's affiliated with the guitars

He didn't say so here but he promotes them on his website, did a video promotion on youtube, plays nothing but these guitars, his music school gives them to students as part of a "scholarship" ...enough said?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:38:17

bursche

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to bursche

Do you guys have any tips on how to improve the consistency of a sugo di pomodoro?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:40:05

Leñador

Get a couple table spoons of butter(or olive oil but not extra virgin, you don't want flavor) if it's butter melt it over low heat, when it's all melted put an equal portion of flour and mix it up really well, then the cream. These portions assume about a cup and a half of cream or so.

sugo di pomodoro for me the key is it has to be san marzano canned tomatoes and a little of tomato paste, strain the tomatoes before crushing.

edit: I know nothing about gluten free cooking but egg noodles sound too thin to hold up to such a thick sauce, you'll get the whole plate on first forking.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:48:32

itoprover

Stephen: don't use nutmeg in Alfredo sauce at all, don't use salt either as it comes from Parmesan. Take 3 tbsp butter, 1 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup grated mozzarella and 1/2 cup grated parmesan (reggiano), 1 crushed garlic clove , and a bit of white pepper. Melt butter in saucepan then add cream, pepper and garlic, bring to simmer, after 1 min add mozzarella, after 5 min add parmesan, 2 more minutes and its done, stir slowly all the time. :)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 19:59:30

Leñador

Mozzarella??? Blasphemy!! Jk, I've actually done this, it's makes it gooey which I like but is not everybody's cup of tea, especially the more militant italian food lovers. As I said about the salt it's after all the cheese is in. If it's a thinner sauce it may need a little, I've definitely done without any many times, I like thick cheesy sauce though.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 20:04:35

estebanana

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to Leñador

quote:

sugo di pomodoro for me the key is it has to be san marzano canned tomatoes and a little of tomato paste, strain the tomatoes before crushing.

Is sugo di pomodoro the same thing as a sofrito in Spanish cooking?

I have a tomato sauce I make with celery, onion, carrots and some beef or chicken stock, then I also use San Marzano tomatoes. The San Marzano cans make great pencil holding tins in the shop too.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 20:12:58

Leñador

Sofrito(that I know) is a latin mirepoix, though I know of it through carribean cuisine not Spanish....

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 20:15:02

estebanana

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to itoprover

quote:

don't use nutmeg in Alfredo sauce at all, don't use salt either as it comes from Parmesan. Take 3 tbsp butter, 1 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup grated mozzarella and 1/2 cup grated parmesan (reggiano), 1 crushed garlic clove , an

I used to work asa waiter in a restaurant in San Diego across from the Ocean Beach Pier and the cook used nutmeg in the Alfredo. But I was young and impressionable so I can't be held responsible for asking about nutmegs.

Ordinarily I would not eat a white sauce with pasta, but winter is coming on and I have a craving for that savory cheesy goodness.

Nobody mentions a little white wine coming into play???

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 20:15:20

Leñador

quote:

Nobody mentions a little white wine coming into play???

That'd be a white wine alfredo sauce, you may have more luck with that on your egg noodles 'cus it's a little lighter. I'd say about 1/2 a cup white wine to 1 1/2 cup creme. Add it in after the cheese. You don't want to eat any wine your wouldn't drink. Something with decent body that's not too sweet, chardonnay would do it. In our neck of the woods we have no excuse for cooking or drinking bad wine.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 20:37:13

rogeliocan

quote:

hat reminds me that although it is not traditional, Alfredo with a bit of heat in it can be very tasty. Cumin and cayenne in trace amounts now come to mind.

Hey that is what I meant, cumin, not curry. Ole, cumin is the best tool.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 26 2012 21:20:04

sam dds

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to amigo

Hey amigo!!! thanks for the link. I saw the video when it was uploaded on YOUTUBE but i thought it was a bad idea to post it here. Antonio Rey is a fantastic player. No matter what , his opinion is most valuable.

Talk soon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2012 0:09:09

Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: estebanana

quote:

I could watch her eat popcorn all day, but I'll tear myself from this scintillating conversation to craft a flamenco guitar.

cheers!

Nice diversion but I still can't shake the overwhelming craving for Mexican food this thread invokes at all levels.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2012 17:22:27

estebanana

Ok, at lunch today I'll go photograph the best taco in the universe and make you even hungrier.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2012 18:25:28

Escribano

quote:

Ok, at lunch today I'll go photograph the best taco in the universe and make you even hungrier.

You passing that little taquería in Los Portales, Toluca, México? 'Cos that's where there are

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2012 20:37:33

Sean

You guys are making me hungry

On a more serious note check out the tap plates on this baby; she must golpe like Thor's hammer.

Ok I lied, I wasn't serious and yes coffee did actually shoot out of my nose on this one.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 27 2012 21:14:41

estebanana

Ok Tacos not from that little place in Mexico, but from Tacos Sinaloa truck on International
Blvd. in Oakland, more Mexicans live there than in actual Sinaloa. Which is cool by me.

And instead of voicing my guitars with salt, I use shrimp chips and soy. My guitars play Chinese music really well.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 28 2012 0:22:16

rogeliocan

RE: Antonio Rey play Andalusian Guit... (in reply to Sean

quote:

On a more serious note check out the tap plates on this baby; she must golpe like Thor's hammer.

Indeed, it's like a piece of plexiglass or something.
I wonder if it's called Spiderman's model.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 28 2012 0:36:28
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3 4 5    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4 5    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post