Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Burguet ABF Mixta 2005 - KEPT!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

jamesashleymoore

Burguet ABF Mixta 2005 - KEPT! 

Hi everyone - It saddens me that my first post is a for sale, this forum has been such a great resource for me over the past years - when the kids are older i will be back!

This is the top of the range Amalio Burguet Flamenco Negra guitar. Entirely handmade by Amalio Burguet himself in 2005, personally signed and dated, made to the highest possible standards and with the very best quality timbers.

The top is solid German Spruce
The back and sides are rare Brazilian rosewood
Meticulously polished then lacquered to give a highly reflective gloss finish
Special "B" hand carved headstock
Hardcase included.

Currently £4595 at the London Guitar Studio - the more recent models have african rosewood which is not as special as this model with Brazilian Rosewood (IMO)

http://www.londonguitarstudio.com/amalio-burguet-abf-mixta.ir?cName=guitars-burguet-guitars

Much better photography of these incredible guitars on Amalio's wonderful website -

http://www.burguet.com/en/

My tutor Rafael from Oxford helped me pick this guitar, he is an incredible player and flamenco teacher and uses Burguet guitars exclusively. He plays a special ABF blanca that was made just for him - footage on www.flamencoguitarist.com - amazing. Interestingly he also teaches Ed Obrien from Radiohead who also has the same Brazilain ABF MIxta.

This guitar is very responsive with a high and direct tone. The projection is incredible. It has a very fast (and true) neck and the action is spot on for flamenco. It flatters my (average) playing and is a huge joy to work with. It still smells wonderful - you still get this waft of Luthiers workshop scent when you open the hardcase!

I have cherished this superb guitar and taken great care with it and therefore it is in the very best condition. I just don't have the time to practice seriously anymore and it should be played not "collected" hence the reluctant sale.

I would welcome you to come and try it and enjoy it. Feel free to ask any questions, measurements etc - if you want to discuss it email me and we can chat on the phone.

I have more photos that i can email if you are interested.

Many thanks

James

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (4)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 2 2012 17:05:09

jamesashleymoore

RE: Burguet ABF Mixta 2005 - for sal... (in reply to jamesashleymoore

Hi everyone.

Had some (rare) time with my guitar today. I am not going to sell it now. Its too important to me. Going to make time for it somehow.

Thanks

J
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 4 2012 18:26:27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll