Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: About to quit the smoke   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Richard Jernigan

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

Hehehe, funny strategy, Richard.

I agree, Bill, pipe tobaccos can be smelling nice.

Cigarillos, but more even cigars do often times outright stink, some even literally like feeces.

Ruphus

For at least 25 years I have only smoked out of doors, and seldom in groups of any size. I can't remember when I have smoked around strangers.

Decades ago I was told that the cigars I occasionally smoked smelled pleasant to bystanders. But there were certainly cigars smoked by others which I found offensive.

Asking people to stop smoking can be risky. Long ago a group of us were at Anthony's Pier 4, a nice seafood restaurant in Boston. Chuck, a large red haired Boston Irishman, lit a cigarette with his coffee after dessert. A man at the next table turned and said, "Would you please put that out? We're trying to eat here."

Giving the guy a dirty look, Chuck stubbed out his cigarette. Conversation went on. The people at the next table finished their meal. The guy who had asked Chuck to put out his cigarette lit a small cigar.

Chuck stood up. Without a word he grabbed the cigar smoker's shirt front, hauled him to his feet and stunned him with an uppercut to the chin.

As the guy sank to the floor, I put enough money on the table to cover the bill and a tip, and announced., "I have the car keys. I'm leaving now."

There were five of us. As it happened, all of us were over six feet tall, and none weighed less than 200 pounds. No one attempted to impede our departure.

The parking attendants were admirably prompt in bringing the car. No cops showed up before we drove away.

I had played with Chuck in fair size poker games when we visited Kwajalein on business. Few of the players were complete strangers to us, but there were some at times. A noticeable amount of whisky went down at these games. Chuck reacted to both good and bad luck at cards with good natured sportsmanship.

After the restaurant incident I never had more than one drink with Chuck in a public place. When around strangers with him I always observed carefully for any slgn of incipient violence. But his reaction to the cigar smoker was so sudden I don't think I could have anticipated what would happen.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 26 2013 18:41:24

Ruphus

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to Richard Jernigan

In the cases when I asked folks to stop the fume I think they were all considerably larger in size.
As mentioned, I wouldn´t normally be so dominant, but that was really molestation and me self-confident enough for the guys to react friendly.

In your example I am with the eating person.
I loved smoking between meal courses, but during meals smoke can really be disturbing.
When wanting to lite one up with someone still eating at the table I would always ask seriously whether it would not annoy.
At slightest doubt with the polite answer I would either wait or move.

As a kid in Albania someone tought me a local customs of never disturbing drinking or eating people. ( I was told that even soldiers needn´t stand up when officers entered during meals, but don´t know whether that was really true.)
For me I added the rule of not bothering eating folks with smoke.

Personally I am a robust eater, hardly anything can make me lose appetite; but smell can.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 26 2013 21:34:19

Richard Jernigan

On a business trip to England, we heard this story one morning from one of our colleagues.

The night before he had been at the Heart Association's annual dinner. We knew that our friend would have sat at the head table. Prince Charles, the Association's Patron, was host.

Someone had the inconceivable effrontery to ask permission to smoke between courses.

A pause in the story allowed the shocking rudeness of this to sink in. Wanting to smoke at the Heart Association dinner!!

But the punch line was the cool courtesy of Prince Charles's reply. "At home, Mum won't let us smoke until after pudding."

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 27 2013 3:37:56

n85ae

My whole family were smokers, one by one we all realized if we kept smoking sure
as night falls at the end of the day, we would die from it. So we all quit over time.

Except Mom, who still puffs away merrily at almost 80 ... She smells like an ashtray
as well, and we all make her smoke outside.

Jeff
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 27 2013 4:11:19

Ruphus

Flying visit or return; dunno.

Quitting has been 2 years and 4 months now. - Or maybe just two years, depending on what´s to happen.

I don´t know whether it´s been connected to the experience in late autumn last year of having been arrested in a Middle Eastern police jail ( in unfurnished rooms on plain tiled flloor with a lose ~ 2mm felt rag on it, with cooped up folks at about less than a square meter per head, everyone sharing a blanket with several individuals, and without meals), after having been sued by an animal torturer for allegedly having broken his jaw twice ... or for the blend of an overall depressing global situation with the individual mess ... or whatever.

( Main court to be these days, with the law planing a 30 000$ equivalent compensation for the sueing scum.)

But fact is that I, after complete abstinence, yet regularly tempting desire, started taking a puff some two or three months ago. Only two or three drags a time before I let the cigarette go out again.
First, having a single cigarette consumed over four or five sessions, and over the course of maybe 10 to 14 days. Meanwhile with a cigarette lasting over 4 or 5 days. All in all I estimate to have consumed some 5 or six cigarettes over the past months.

Don´t know if I can manage to keep it at such a sparse consumption, but these little fills sure feel so well. Those couple of puffs trigger such a nice flash on blood pressure, that it feels as if you were floating for a second.
Now this is with nasty old tobacco crumbs. Don´t know if I could hold back this way if it was about tasty fresh fibers.
To my original conviction, once you drag again you are in for returning to smoking again. But currently there is too little of spoiling in my life, and I only hope to not return to regular smoking again. ( Which should be hard to do anyway, as Tobacco and less even of the brands I prefer has become more than hard to find here, and last time I checked were at close to 20$ per 50g package / now who knows at what price level.)

Thought to report on my inglorious status quo after all that foregone renunciation.

Ruphus

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 12:21:35

guitarbuddha

Hi Ruphus, thanks for dropping in.

Let me be the first to wish you better luck for this year.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 16:30:40

edguerin

quote:

Let me be the first to wish you better luck for this year.

I'll second that

Ed

El aficionado solitario
Alemania
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 17:26:00

Ruphus

Thank you, muchachos! :O)

Best,

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 17:35:17

tele

I have started smoking cuban cigars and quality pipe tobacco and I have noticed there is no withdrawal symptoms when not smoking for weeks. I used to smoke normal cigarettes for few years(About 7 years ago) and it's not easy to be without smoking with those, it must be the 500-600 additives they put into the mainstream cigarettes and the way the nicotine is absorbed(through the mouth vs lungs). I am sure some of the additives are made to be addictive, after all that's what it's all about for the tobacco companies such as marlboro and camel. These days I can't smoke normal cigarettes as they taste like crap and paper with some chemical juice. Can't enjoy that.
Good tobacco is like good whisky, there's no point in having too much and it's enjoyable, the only problem that for example good cuban cigars are expensive.
So my tip for those who can't beat the habit of smoking cigarettes is try some clean quality tobacco for occasional or even daily use.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 18:44:55

Ruphus

Hi Tele,

That is all true, and I think that it was mentioned in this thread before.
Those additives are meant to make addict, and they are responsible for vast of damage through smoking; further for extremely bad taste ( every time I try premade cigarettes - with the exception of one single brand - I wonder how people endure that acrid flavor) and for that incredibly bad smelling and penetrating smoke.
Just days ago, I had to make an exception from my otherwise smokers tolerating premise, and ask my neighbour to please stop smoking in my car. Because that chemical smoke of premade cigarettes produces a sticky, stinking layer that won´t evaporate.

What cigars / pipes are concerned, I think we mentioned as well the fact that those are meant to not be inhaled ( which is why I had to give up on my trial with pipe smoking from decades ago, as I am simply incapable of not inhaling). From there, there is much less absorption of the smokes substances in the lungs with cigars & pipe smoking.
However, it does not mean a reduced concerogen potential. In the opposite: The higher concentration of smoke on a smaller surface of mucous membrane results in higher risk of cancer in mouth and throat.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 19:52:58

tele

quote:

However, it does not mean a reduced concerogen potential. In the opposite: The higher concentration of smoke on a smaller surface of mucous membrane results in higher risk of cancer in mouth and throat.

Ruphus

So I've heard, but don't have any idea what's the size of the risk.
What comes to cancer and tobacco, I've heard the main problem is the radioactive materials they use in the fertilizers and pesticides in the big plantations, don't know if they use that poison in every plantation though.
In general, I wonder how a simple leaf of a plant can become so poisonous and "evil" through human manipulation. These days the best relaxation i get is from a good cigar, as my days of booze or marijuana are in the past. Worth the risk which to be honest doesn't seem very high for occasional user with no cancer in the family. Anyway there are risks in every day

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 20:08:13

gj Michelob

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to tele

I am pleased to report that after 4 decades of 2-3 pack a day, I replaced them vile cigarettes with Vapour, since Thanksgiving. The odds were more favorable to a Martian team winning the football world-cup than to me quitting cigarettes.

I now love "vaping". Over these two months, I reduced the nicotine content from 24 to 18, then12 and now to 9mg.

I am using an ePipe, which to me is less of a frigid device than those metal atomizer -to each his own, after all, I am an old man.

It is helping me wean myself out of the nic addiction, along with the other alkaloids and chemicals I needed in cigarettes. It is a reduced risk, but still a vice, I concede. However, I no longer cough nor do I whistle involuntarily in my sleep; generally, I feel significantly better.

I am very pleased. You may want to consider it.

Attachment (1)

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 20:41:55

guitarbuddha

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to gj Michelob

Congratulations Mitch !!

My mother has had similar success although the pipe is seldom out of her mouth. Her colour is very much improved. And she is saving a fortune.

I do wonder what is going to happen to the price of tobacco oil once revenue from regular cigarettes dries up for governments. And I would be very surprised if there was not a cartel of producers waiting in the wings too.

But all caveats aside it is definitely a cleaner product than having a naked flame a few inches away from your throat and lungs producing free radicals.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 20:56:33

gj Michelob

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to guitarbuddha

quote:

Congratulations Mitch !!

My mother has had similar success although the pipe is seldom out of her mouth. Her colour is very much improved. And she is saving a fortune.

I do wonder what is going to happen to the price of tobacco oil once revenue from regular cigarettes dries up for governments. And I would be very surprised if there was not a cartel of producers waiting in the wings too.

But all caveats aside it is definitely a cleaner product than having a naked flame a few inches away from your throat and lungs producing free radicals.

D.

Well, you summarized the state of affairs quite well GB. Here, in the US, law makers have assimilated vaping into the same class of product (and risks) as Tobacco. Hence a vast array of restrictions are already in place.

I don't need to explain how politically charged the entire problem has become (at least on this side of the pond) given the exponential growth of this new industry. And yes, inevitably, the Big Tobacco companies are lobbying to make it so expensive to comply with the forthcoming regulation that they alone will afford manufacturing Vaping devices and juices.

I fear it is unlikely that they will not make their product as addictive as Cigarettes.

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 21:04:55

Leñador

17 years of smoking and I've been quit for over 2 years according to this thread!

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 21:40:15

tele

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to gj Michelob

vaping is nice, I used to do it but quit it since the effects weren't comparable to tobacco smoking... It's also unnecessary to inhale to get the nicotine since the vapour behaves differently than cigarette smoke.
I've heard japanese invented it in the seventies and it was silenced by the tobacco companies, now it's been rediscovered and I'm sure it's safer than normal cigarettes altough there was some kind of story(it could be made up) that the part that heats the liquid creates some kind of toxins. I'm sure the pipe or another more expensive vaporizator is better than the cheap mainstream e-cigs.

quote:

ORIGINAL: gj Michelob

quote:

Congratulations Mitch !!

D.

Well, you summarized the state of affairs quite well GB. Here, in the US, law makers have assimilated vaping into the same class of product (and risks) as Tobacco. Hence a vast array of restrictions are already in place.

I don't need to explain how politically charged the entire problem has become (at least on this side of the pond) given the exponential growth of this new industry. And yes, inevitably, the Big Tobacco companies are lobbying to make it so expensive to comply with the forthcoming regulation that they alone will afford manufacturing Vaping devices and juices.

I fear it is unlikely that they will not make their product as addictive as Cigarettes.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2015 23:36:06

Johnc

Hi Ruphus
Welcome back!, just to give you my experience as an ex smoker :)

I have smoked on and off through most of my adult life, when I was smoking it would be a pack of Marlboro a day.
I gave up for about 5-6 years, sometime ago (can't recall the exact dates, but I gave up "cold turkey"), but eventually started again. At the time I was still quite young, and I may have started again because it was "cool", or because I wanted to impress my boss (who was a smoker). I would still get the urge, after the 5 or so years, especially in a smoky pub, or whenever there was stress, or whenever I would convince myself that there was nothing else quite like that first smoke in the morning.
anyways I started again like I'd never stopped.

I eventually stopped again, I can't recall exactly, but more than ten years ago.
I can't tell you the exact reasons why I stopped, probably a mix of things.. Health , wealth, family.. the usual reasons, why people try to stop. Again I just gave it up with no "chemical" support.

I saw an advert on tv from the government helping on giving up, it was a simple advert from an ex smoker he simply said (and I paraphrase here) "the urge when you get it, only lasts a minute"
This was a revelation to me, (not least because it's true!) and I used this to help me through.

I can tell you now, after all these years , that I do not miss it at all, and I no longer get any urges to smoke.

As far as the vaping thing goes..
I'm pretty sure that I recall that nicotine patches/gums whatever never really helped anyone give up...
I'm also pretty sure that most people who smoke don't die of cancer, but of circulatory disease (and if they don't die of it, they are seriously debilitated by it)

If you look back in time to when the nicotine patches where prevalent, there was always a warning that you needed to apply the patches to different parts of the body, this is because nicotine is an endothelial cell toxin, and will kill your skin cells. This also applies to the cells lining your arteries, and the nicotine in cigarettes (and vaping) causes damage to these cells leading to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, and eventually to either the blocking of the artery and/or to the formation aneurisms.... You can see where this is going ...

Of course "vaping" is better than smoking, (burning anything will creat all those horrible chemicals we have heard about) but it is not the completely safe thing that many people think it is.

There's nothing like an "ex-smoker"

;)

Take care

John
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2015 1:01:10

Ruphus

Hi John,

Thank you for the info!
You guy´s experience is interesting to me.

Should I find myself returning to seriously smoking, I will certainly check out about the vaporizing thing, which - as is by now - seems to definitly be less damaging than common consumption and is being reported to be still improving with its methods.
( I read that there are trials to defame the new methods, but that they seem debunked by objetive evaluations. - The big tobacco concerns all have already entered the new market, and I suspect that the above concerns may turn out true. Who messed up tobacco with chemical cocktails might just as well be doing the same to the new means of vaporation. Cockaigne profiteers just can´t get enough.)

And the "mantra" of imagening that the urge passes quickly, certainly is a useful one. I will remember this one and make use of it.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2015 11:23:17

Ruphus

Giaccomo,

I just clicked on your picture link.
Got a link to the product?

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2015 11:47:32

gj Michelob

quote:

Giaccomo,

I just clicked on your picture link.
Got a link to the product?

Ruphus

The Pic was that of my ePipe, wasn't it?

In general, there are a few adjustments one must make in order to increase the effectiveness of the eCigarette experience and -above all- to reduce the risks (minor as they maybe) involved. I will give a shorthand review for those who are interested.

1. I vape a custom made juice from a microbrewery. It is based on a natural Tobacco extract. While the extract does not import any of the Tobacco's alkaloids, including Nicotine, it certainly makes the vapour taste and smell like the most fragrant Pipe Tobacco (I am partial to the English Blends -Latakia, Virginia, Perique). Nicotine is added, in the desired percentage.

2. The most advanced devices are such mostly because they allow us to build ourselves the critical parts of the atomizer, the "coil" (a wrapped wire) that heats the cotton (the Wick that absorb the juice) vaporizing it. Choosing the finest of both materials, not only results in a tremendous savings, but in a cleaner and better "vape" (Incidentally, this word was officially added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2015 and voted "word of the year").

3. One thing to remember, Nicotine absorption through vapour is slower than through smoke, especially in one's lungs. Exhaling through the nose proves more effective, but nicotine absorption may take 30 mins with vaping as opposed to a few seconds with smoking.

4. A few studies are now showing some possible cancerogenous effects in Vaping. However, to reach this alarming result the same studies are based on the fragile premise that overheating the atomizer for ridiculous lengths of time causes the dangerous chemical reaction.

For me, Cigarettes have played an important role in my life, and I attribute my ability to achieve certain goals to the calming and exciting effects they can have. However, it has not been a balanced relationship, but a very dangerous slavery.

I am using my ePipe to wean myself out of nicotine addiction . The progress I have seen in decreasing the amount I need is most encouraging.

Vaping (if done properly) is such a pleasure, that after only two months I now cannot stand the odorous scent of cigarettes, and can't imagine clients and friends have tolerated my such "scent" over the years.

If you smoke, you know you should not. I say "vape your way out of it"

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2015 14:50:44

Ruphus

Thank you for explaining!
I might come back to you for details, in case of a primary return to nic.

Best,

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 10:41:57

Pgh_flamenco

Ruphus, I quit smoking 27 years ago and have not had the urge to smoke in decades. I have smoked cigars on occasion, but usually only with brandy. I will most likely never smoke a cigar again. The last time I took a drag off of a cigarette I felt a choking sensation and could not continue smoking it. When I go to local bars I can rarely stay more than an hour if there is a lot of cigarette smoke. When I jog my legs give out before my lungs. This was not the case even a few years after quitting and I read it takes about seven years for a person's lungs to heal after quitting. I'm sharing all of these facts because they seem to be important benchmarks to determine if you are still a smoker even though you are currently not smoking. Also, they should serve as a source of encouragement for you as well as letting you know what it's like to be a confirmed non-smoker.

I quit several times before finally quitting for good and during those attempts I was successful for several years at a time. The last time I quit all of my relatives had already stopped smoking so I was no longer passively smoking approximately one cigarette per day. Each time before quitting I would maintain an awareness that I wanted to quit and then one day--usually one or two months later--I would smoke the last cigarette in the pack and stop for years at a time.

A few things that helped me included knowing that the urge to smoke lasted only about 10 seconds and that everyone who tried to quit multiple times ultimately quit for good.

The fact that you did not smoke for several years is proof that you can quit for good. Do not consider your relapse proof that you can't quit, rather it is simply part of the process for most people who ultimately quit forever.

@gj: Have you considered using the patch?

Note: I was told last week that cigarette filters used to contain asbestos. I would assume this practice ended in the mid-1980's, but it's just chilling to think of it.

Has anyone heard of third-hand smoke? It is the resin that has solidified in carpeting and on other surfaces. Apparently it is the most lethal kind of "smoke" since it is so concentrated.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 14:36:22

keith

Nicotrol Inhaler is pretty effective and allows one to "smoke" without really smoking.. The inhaler consists of nicotine cartridges that do not need a lithium battery and does not produce any by-product (steam, smoke, second hand nicotine, etc). One only has to inhale as nicotine is impregnated into fiber inside of a cartridge. Nicotrol does require a MD prescription. Given how easy it is to get opiates Nicotrol should be a cake-walk The effectiveness is pretty good.

If someone is thinking about Chantix he/she might re-consider. The joke in public health circles is that Chantix works because one cannot smoke on the psychiatric unit or in jail.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 14:55:59

tele

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

quote:

The last time I took a drag off of a cigarette I felt a choking sensation and could not continue smoking it.

That's the reason it's impossible for me to inhale any smoke these days, the sensation is too unpleasant compared to the benefits of light nicotine dose. It really makes quitting easier when one concentrates on the immediate unpleasant effects and taste of smoking cigarettes. Now that I smoke only cigars or pipe around three times per week, I still am sure I will quit if I start to get any negative effects out of it, for now the only problem is the price of the cubans Also if I will start to feel dependent on the vitamin N, will definately have to take a break for one to three weeks.
There really is something in my experience something in the cigarettes that makes it very addictive, it could be because it's simply so easy to have cigarette at any time and when doing it unconsciously for long periods of time, one is hooked before one can notice it. I think personally nicotine can be even beneficial, the point is to control it's intake and not let it control you. It's a bit more complex with the cigarettes with additives in them, it's a bit like signing a deal with the devil when smoking for years.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 15:35:14

Pgh_flamenco

RE: About to quit the smoke (in reply to keith

quote:

If someone is thinking about Chantix he/she might re-consider. The joke in public health circles is that Chantix works because one cannot smoke on the psychiatric unit or in jail.

It seems too risky. It's better to quit without the aid of something with so many dangerous side effects.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 17:48:35

Leñador

I think, like drugs and alcohol, you have to have a whole lifestyle change. I could never quit before because I was always surrounded by it. Now, no one close to me smokes and it makes it suuuuper east to stay quit.

And my vote is for cold turkey.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 18:57:10

Ruphus

Thank you for the encouraging hints.
I will try keeping your words in mind about those 10 seconds.

Ruphus

PS:
# Filters are concerogen already for the diameter of the fibers.
# From what I know, the more freuqent foregone attempts to quit, the lesser chances are to succeed.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 30 2015 19:12:29

Pgh_flamenco

If I understand you correctly, Ruphus, you managed to abstain from smoking for two years. I would not consider that a "frequent forgone" attempt. You appear to be feeling hopeless and this is creating a problem with regard to continued abstinence. It might be in your best interest to discuss this with someone (a professional).

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 31 2015 14:57:15

Ruphus

I sincerely appreciate your concern for me :O), but I meant that remark in general / not in respect of my personal smoking career. In fact I have had only very few attempts to quit.

And regarding professionals over here ...
When still living in the capitol I tried watching local TV several times, and hence came to watch a couple of transmissions in which individual examples of fate would be shown and afterwards be commented by local "psychologists".
Should these comments have been representative for the local academic level of this subject then it should be best to stay away from it. These guys were totally off from the actual subject. Mixing the subjects obsolete standard of maybe 60 years ago with religious moralistics ... Awesome dilettantism.

From there, should I ever feel like needing professional support, it will definitly not be over here.
JTYI.

Best,

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 31 2015 20:36:04

Ruphus

For completeness of the thread, I like to mention that I am back to smoking since about a year now.
The quit lasted for exactly 2 years and 4 months.

I started with a single puff after a bad incident. Then it was one cigarette over the course of several days, and then ...
Now it´s not just smoking, but even consuming total premade filter garbage that tastes like literal bullsh!t soaked in a BASF cocktail.

Beware of that one puff, amigos!

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2015 18:48:09
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll