Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Opinions seeked for these guitars   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

hon

Opinions seeked for these guitars 

I am considering the following three guitars from three dealers (one from Spain and two from US).

1) http://www.lafalseta.com/SanchisCarpio_flamencos.html

Ricardo Sanchis Carpio Arce from La Falseta.

2) http://www.guitarsalon.com/p3900-juan-fernandez.html
Juan Fernandez from GSI.

3) http://en-us.****.com/catalog/index.php?oms=6000&pro=9002752&fot=5
Hermanos Sanchis Lopez F. RSC (Ricardo Sanchis Carpio) Maple from ****.com

They are all similarly priced but is buying from Spain directly represents a better deal? Have anyone played a Maple guitar before? How do you like it?

How do you compare the three choices?

Anyone has experience buying from ****.com? Any comment?

Many questions so thank you in advance.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 8:24:46

Escribano

RE: Opinions seeked for these guitars (in reply to hon

quote:

Anyone has experience buying from ****.com? Any comment?

If you are wondering why the url is censored, it is because they were spamming our threads.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 8:29:27

hon

oops.. sorry about that.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 9:08:54

Escribano

quote:

oops.. sorry about that.

No problem, it is automatically screened.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 9:41:31

KMMI77

Hi Hon,

To be honest i think you should think very carefully about ordering a expensive guitar over the internet. The amount you are willing to spend could get you a very nice guitar if you are smart and patient.

All these guitars could be very good and they could also be just above average.

Remember that guitars that are in popular shops, especially if they are there a long time, are usually guitars that failed to convince people to buy them. I imagine that shops like guitar salon would have many guitarists going in and out all the time trying their guitars. The best ones that are the best value would likely go fast. So it would always be best to try them there in person.

No matter what anyone says about these guitars you will never really know what they are like without playing them, and comparing them to other guitars in person. One guitar from a maker may be great, but then another by the same maker may be not as good. Every guitar will be unique.

If you have plenty of money then maybe you are not to worried. But if you don't, I would suggest gaining more experience and knowledge about different guitars from different makers. And not by asking n the internet, but by actually playing, listening to, and feeling many guitars. Then you will reach a point where asking questions like this will not be necessary, because you will know. Then it will be worth spending the money

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 11:51:32

[Deleted] (in reply to hon

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 14:26:36

Erik van Goch

Personally i would never spend that amount of money on a guitar i haven't tried out myself because every guitar is different and you have to find yourself a guitar that fits your hands and musical taste. The only exception would be if you order a custom made guitar directly by a fabulous luthier with no stock and a long waiting list. In that case you just have to take the risque. If i had the money i would order myself a 12string resonance guitar from Bert kwakkel. In the 80ties (when he wasn't famous yet and pretty unreliable in the quality of his work) he had dozens of guitars in his shop, some excellent some crap. Now he is famous he has no stock and only build custom made guitars on request.

My father ordered a classical Jose Ramirez in 1962 by mail and received a superb instrument. But the ones he ordered 10 years later for his students didn't even come close. In 1980 he bought himself a Jose Ramirez flamenco guitar as well which was down prized in our local shop to $1000,- because over a 2 year period many people tried it but nobody wanted it In our case it happened to be a superb instrument as well, but there simply was no marked for a top class flamenco guitar in the Netherlands in 1980 (it was one of the very first flamenco guitars ever offered for sale in the netherlands and al the people trying it were classical guitarists who didn't like the flamenco sound of it....if it would be offered now it would be sold in a day).

So like KMM177 my advice would be try before you buy and make sure your hands and ears recognize and appreciate the quality/prize relation.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 14:39:28

Ricardo

quote:

Hermanos Sanchis Lopez F. RSC (Ricardo Sanchis Carpio) Maple from ****.com

I own and use that guitar a lot. Great for accompaniment, very flamenco although very deep basses. Very percussive guitar.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2012 14:48:08

FlamencoD

You should consider Francisco Navarro. I just picked up his Concert Flamenco blanca and love it, his top of the line Reyes models are a couple thousand USD cheaper than the ones you posted and have received rave reviews.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 20 2012 2:18:29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post