Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

I just wrote the tab out for this exercise for myself, thought you might want it..   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Florian

I just wrote the tab out for this ex... 

Its a great exercise for left hand and picado from Grisha, theres a video of him doing it around here somewhere, its a very good exercise, enjoy

ps...you do the same pattern all the way up neck as much as you can...so after you come back down you start with ---3---6--- on the E string...etc hope it makes sense

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 23 2012 23:55:09

Elie

RE: I just wrote the tab out for thi... (in reply to Florian

I learned this one long time ago from grisha and its great ... I didn't practice it recently

thank you for bringing it up flo

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 24 2012 6:35:05

KMMI77

Thanks for sharing Florian

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 24 2012 9:45:23

Elie

btw in Grisha's video demonstrating this exercise he goes all the way down till he reaches the 18th fret with his pinky .. that is the biggest challenge for me in this exercise.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 25 2012 11:14:46

Florian

RE: I just wrote the tab out for thi... (in reply to Elie

np...yeah i used to do it too about 7 years ago Grisha showed to me, i did it and forgot it...even when i was doing it ...my fingers just kind of knew it...if you asked me to write it down it would have taken forever ( so i think i was doing it but not really)...now i started with it again and i am trying to remain conscious of the pattern and not just do it but be aware of what i am doing...not switch off during

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 25 2012 15:45:17

josecarlos

quote:

btw in Grisha's video demonstrating this exercise he goes all the way down till he reaches the 18th fret with his pinky .. that is the biggest challenge for me in this exercise.

Can't find it...The link of the video please
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 17 2012 20:05:47

Florian

RE: I just wrote the tab out for thi... (in reply to josecarlos

quote:

Can't find it...The link of the video please

its around here somewhere but i am sorry i cant remember then name of the thread...

nice to have but if u cant find it... u dont really need it, its not like its music and u need the melody or phrasing... its an exercise, do it straight and even as its written with I and M always alternating...

the right hand is kind of dictated by the positioning, its almost harder to do it wrong than it is to do it right..

eg.

first 8 notes right hand fingering is 1 4 1 4 3 1 4 3 etc

quote:

18th fret with his pinky .. that is the biggest challenge for me in this exercise.

yes same it starts getting really weird and uncomfortable around the 13th fret( in fact i stop there), cause whatever momento and positioning helped you to get up to there disappears and it becomes about something else, like solving a maths problem

are you positive he does it to the 18th fret ? genius or no genius i cant see ANYONE go to the 18th fret without losing, tone, evenness or speed...but just perhaps cause i never tried it and now that i do just seems impossible

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2012 5:41:14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post