Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

New Transcription - Vicente Amigo Solea por Bulerias from "En Tu Silencio"   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Conrad

New Transcription - Vicente Amigo So... 

Hi,

Here's a nice falseta from Vicente from a great album of Jose Merce.

-Con

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 27 2005 20:59:31

Florian

RE: New Transcription - Vicente Amig... (in reply to Conrad

Dude you getting so good and quic at this , i reckon you deserve your own web , 3 greate transcriptions in 3 days, thats brilliant man.

And thank you so much for beeing so generous with it. you are a legend.

and btw i love it when you transcribe VA stuff
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 27 2005 21:31:59

flamencoguru

Here it is in PDF.

Un saludo, Errol

http://www.flamencoguru.com/Flasetavicenteamigo2.pdf
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 27 2005 21:56:05

Doitsujin

hmmm... Its cool that you transcribed the falsetas but could you tab in compas next time? 12beat compases in 3/4. Its good meant but tabs where isnt correct compas are not good.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 28 2005 10:39:48

Conrad

RE: New Transcription - Vicente Amig... (in reply to Doitsujin

Hey Doit,

Thanks for the tip but I don't see it as wrong, just different. It's virtually the same thing except I just don't have so many bar lines, haha. Anyway I just find it easier to read. It's not so cluttered this way. Anyway, if we were to represent accents better, we might think about writing falsetas with alternating bars of 6/4 and 3/2. Of course, not all music out there has palmas accenting those beats, but it's just a thought.

I'm not gonna change it unless it's a big problem for everyone. And this makes far more sense for me anyway, starting the bar on beat "12" and so on.

Con
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 28 2005 17:03:04

Conrad

RE: New Transcription - Vicente Amig... (in reply to Doitsujin

The other thing is that I realize they are not perfect learning materials...

I have neglected to include fingerings for left hand and right hand, and I have not indicated how chords are struck (for example - with alzapua), and where there are rasgueados. But it's all there to be deciphered from the music, and like I had written before, only advanced players will be able to play these falsetas, I imagine, and they will have the knowledge to decide what fingers to use. I have fingerings in my head for all of them and believe me they work, you just have to find them. Again if it's a big problem then I will spend more time to write these things in the transcriptions. I'm not selling them like Alain Faucher.

ole,

Connie
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 28 2005 17:20:18

Doitsujin

Yes, thats right. Its much work to write that down with all details. Its too much work if you dont get money for it. When I hear the falseta and watch your tab, I understand. Its good enough to use. Im just a lazy person. I only use material when I know that I could use it without needing too much time. ^^ And I usually ony tab falsetas of me or my friends to practice it with gp4 when the compas is difficult. Go on tabbing these interseting stuff (more diego would be great hehe) (^_-).
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 28 2005 18:14:48

Ricardo

Thanks for another great falseta, one of my favorites. I agree with Conrad here about the timing issue. There are better ways to notate the head and the tail of the compas, and the overall feeling better than the traditional 3/4 way. I like your way Condrad, I have not seen it done this way often, but I think it conveys the feeling you want to a good reader. A lot of us have gotten used to reading 12-count compas "wrong", LOL!

Playing for dance you get to know how to morph Solea into Solea por bulerias and that into bulerias, and along the way the feeling changes. It should follow that the meter changes as well, but that 12-count business the dancers use makes everything seem nice and neat.

Ricardo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 29 2005 0:00:49
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote