Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Amazing Classical Fingerstyle on a Chapman Stick   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

RE: Amazing Classical Fingerstyle on... (in reply to Florian

quote:

paco's 70's comb-over ?

This is him when he was young....

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 20:56:35

Ron.M

quote:

I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Confirmable
Bank Draft
of $500,000,00 United States Dollars, but I did not hear from you since for a
couple of weeks now. Then I went to the bank to confirm if the draft has
expired or getting near to the expiring date and Dr. Wilson the
Director United
Bank for Africa told me that before the draft will get to your hand that it
will expire..Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except $85.00 US
Dollars for the Security Keeping Fee. I would have paid that but they said no
because they don't know when you will contact them and in case of demurrage.

Well that seems fair enough and all in order to me Flo....

You know what they say .....

"No Game, No Pay"

Give the poor lady your $85...

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 21:38:08

Florian

RE: Amazing Classical Fingerstyle on... (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except $85.00 US
Dollars for the Security Keeping Fee.

everything is inflated this days...

True story
a street beggar came up to me the other day asked for $20....not 50 cents or $1 or $2 he asked for $20 !!

i am thinking wtf ? now that's some high class begging...dosent bother with the small accounts...almost a compliment to me...that he thought i had that kind of money to just give the first begger that comes up $20

imagine...5 jobs like that in the morning...u can take the rest of the afternoon off

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 21:47:31

Ron.M

quote:

i am thinking wtf ? now that's some high class begger...dosent bother with the small accounts

Yeah, or they only take credit cards and have a little card processing machine in their coat pocket.

Or hand you their business card showing their website and say they accept only PayPal.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 21:55:02

Florian

i kind of looked up to him...if those were his rates...he probably had more money in his pocket than me...a nicer car

quote:

Or hand you their business card showing their website and say they accept only PayPal.

he also gave fly by points ...do you have those u know what they are ? everything u purchase at selected stores goes towards accumulating your fly by points and when u get a certain amount u get free flight somewhere..

Ron i think you and I just need our own thread for the silly off offtopic joking...for people who wanna practice ...but are too easily distracted.....just end up making silly jokes on foro all day...next thing you know its been 6 hours of bull and nothing to show for it lol

i feel bad everytime i look up top of the page and see all this serious flamenco people read every stupid nonsense that comes to my head...cause i am in one of those moods...

we better be careful or well both get banned, i got about 20 strikes...oh hang on u cant ......reminds me...i still cant believe i AM NOT ! a mod here ...after you i been here the longest ...give me a key il clean this place up ]...this place needs some eastern European firm iron hand ruling...too many trouble makers

I am available if you ever wanna fire Harry ...hes never even here ...lets put the drama back into foro flamenco

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 21:56:24

hamia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron.M

Hey...thought some new folk here might have commented on the 21 year old Paco de Lucia's Malagueña!

You won't hear it anywhere else!

(and not really "cheesy" methinks?")

Recorded straight off the TV set in 1969.

(He looked that real "spotty" way like the pic on "La Guitarra Fabulosa...." )

But he played not too bad

cheers,

Ron

I downloaded that many years ago from an earlier upload you did. Brilliant playing by Paco. Interesting to note that in his later work he rarely used an even tremolo like he did here. And for good reason I think. Sabicas had a great tremolo but he always played it evenly and whenever I hear it I can never manage to stay focussed, my mind starts to wander.

Although in this malaguena the even tremolo fits in very well.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 22:32:12

Patrick

quote:

...after you i been here the longest

Close, but no
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 22:38:09

Florian

RE: Amazing Classical Fingerstyle on... (in reply to Patrick

OMG !! Patric !!

how are you man ?? whats been happening with you ? wow what a shock nice to see you

the only reason i got here 1 week later to you and Ron is cause u guys left that msn forum and tried to lose me ...but i found you a week later

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2012 22:39:01

fingerstyle

RE: Amazing Classical Fingerstyle on... (in reply to fingerstyle

Okay, so... wow. I didn't see that coming.

Firstly: no, I'm not the guy in the video, I'm a 34 year-old Brit.
Secondly: I am a metal guitarist by trade but I've started to become more interested in Spanish and flamenco-style guitar recently, hence signing up here.
Thirdly: I saw a video on YouTube that I thought was pretty cool and posted it here to see what 'proper' flamenco guitarists thought of it, nothing more. Apologies that I appear to have struck a nerve.

For what it's worth, I like the sound (in the latter part of the video mainly), where the style is reminiscent of a lot of two-finger speed tapping techniques that I employ in my playing.

Yes, I'm not an expert in flamenco techniques or what constitutes "cheese"; it's just an instrument that I haven't seen before (hence me saying that in my OP) and found interesting.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2012 10:28:24

Ron.M

Hi Fingerstyle,

Hey don't worry man!
We were just goofing around.

Thing is, this site is about genuine Flamenco and not "flamencoish" sounding or Spanishy sounding stuff.

Since there are heaps and heaps of "fakemencos"out there, playing "flamingo" music (some of them even offering lessons!) then it sort of touches a raw nerve for the folks around here.

(Try to imagine "noodling" around on a Sitar in front of an audience of dedicated Indian Classical music scholars!)

Flamenco is very highly disciplined with regard to structure and rhythm and like Indian music, allows for complete freedom for improvisation or composition within certain boundaries.

Also, the rhythms tend to be "cyclic" (again like Indian music) and not generally 4/4 3/4 etc.

First thing to do is to try to understand the basics and listen a lot to Traditional, basic Flamenco (especially with a singer) and see how it all fits in.

You will probably have a very hard time trying to follow a lot of the very modern stuff as it tends to be highly synchopated with pretty complex phrasing.

There is a good CD out called "Understanding Flamenco" by Faustino Nuñez which covers a lot of the basic rhythms and styles.

Also Flamenco Guitar technique is quite different to Classical, especially for the right hand.
(Listen to that Malagueña I posted and listen to the tone and attack compared to a Classical guitarist playing the same thing.)

So welcome to Foroflamenco!

There is a wealth of excellent information in the database, so just search around.

Oh...and don't bother about Florian...he's just an idiot.

(Plays very well though!!)

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2012 12:26:28

fingerstyle

Hi Ron, thanks for the info. I've just had a look for the CD you recommend but think I may have to look beyond amazon.co.uk and eBay to track down a copy!

I'm looking forward to learning more about the art of flamenco through the site.

quote:

..the username is fingerstyle and talking about amazing fingerstyle...made 1 post ...this video...

Incidentally, my name on this site (and others) is fingerstyle because I don't now and never have before, used a plectrum when playing any type of music on my guitars - simple as that.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2012 13:31:38

Ron.M

Hi Fingerstyle,

http://www.flamencoexport.com/didactic-material/didactic-cds/understanding-flamenco-faustino-nunez.html

BTW it comes with a book which is not very good, but the CD is excellent.

Also a helluva lot of Flamenco guitar players and students here are ex-metal shredders!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2012 14:46:35

ralexander

Welcome to the site, fingerstyle! Nice to discover you're an actual person interested in learning about flamenco. Your post was just similar to some "spam" type of posts we've seen before (actually pretty common on discussion forums). Anyway, you're very welcome here! Just be aware that flamenco is a very passionate art form, so it's not uncommon to see disagreements, arguments and people getting offended or protective of the art. One of the things I really enjoy about flamenco is the integrity of the music and the people who work to preserve it as an art form.

It's important to distinguish the cheese from the cream, so to speak
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2012 14:51:28

Florian

RE: Amazing Classical Fingerstyle on... (in reply to ralexander

@fingerstyle...now i feel bad

just kidding around man, welcome to the forum..as ralexander said i wasent sure if it was a spam or genuine ....(i know its coincidence now) but the fact that name was fingerstlye and video said amazing fingerstyle and it was just 1 post i thought it was one of those spams where someone is trying to sell his album or win himself compliments by pretending hes a neutral and is amazed by this playing that turns out to be him...i kind of rebel against this type of approach

my bad, hope u accept my apologies

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2012 20:09:37

El Kiko

People with chapman sticks should stick to this kind of thing for our amusment ............

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 30 2012 13:43:54

fingerstyle

Thanks for the tips!

No worries, Florian, I picked up that you were messing around with me, just a bit shocked with the vitriol against something that I thought was pretty cool!

I can imagine how you probably see a lot of spam though, so your position is understandable!

I am still quite interested in the chapman stick, more so as a musical oddity than anything else, but I'll fire up a new thread to discuss it away from the virtual chaos that eventually surrounded this thread!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 3 2012 14:33:50
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post