Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $4800 OBO   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $4800 OBO 

This A26 is the Primera - top of the line flamenco blanca model from the Felipe V shop in Madrid. It is in great (almost new) condition with very minimal wear on top. There are some marks on the back left lower bout but can only been seen against the light. It is in overall great condition.

The tone and playability is typical Conde with a bright separate-clear trebles and tight basses that cut through during performance. The action is low – again typical of this makers guitars. It is an excellent guitar for dance accompaniment and solo playing.

- Classic Conde orange finish with popular rose rosette
- Spruce top / cypress back and sides
- 664mm scale length
- 52mm width at the nut
- Original Gotoh deluxe tuners

Need to sell ASAP - best offer takes it!
email or call
wsoledad73@aol.com
321-652-2806

Saludos!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 6:43:18

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Guest

Here are some photos:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/soledad_don/album?.dir=5412&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 6:44:36

Doitsujin

Sorry too expensive. Everybody who spends more than 2000euro for a professional flamencoguitar is being extravagent IMO except rich famous players or collectors.

Admin: Sorry Doitsujin..I had to tone it down a little bit
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 9:57:12

Doitsujin

No problem. I was really hard and thought on do it by myself. Thanks.(^_-)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 13:35:30

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Doitsujin

Doitsujin,

This is my asking price and actually below what Conde in this caliber/condition cost in the US (average $5500) these days. I also welcome a reasonable offer, this is why I posted OBO.

Saludos,
Don
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 13:37:50

The asking price for this guitar at the moment in the Felipe V shop is just over 6000 euros.

Whether it is worth this money is an entirely personal matter.

Sean
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 17:18:47

gshaviv

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

Everybody who spends more than 2000euro for a professional flamencoguitar is being extravagent

Agreed, but what's wrong with that? Anyone who buys a Mercedez or a BMW for 3x the price of a Toyota or a Honda is being equally extravagent. Yet count the number of Mercedez and BMWs you see on the street and see how many extravagent people there are!

My oppinion is that if it gives you satisfaction to know you are playing on a $5000 guitar, or driving on a $50000 car (US prices), its worth your money. If not, then its a waste of your money and you better find where to spend it where it does give you satisfaction.

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 18:14:04

Patrick

Guy,

Check out my post under "More Conde Hemanos", but be forewarned, it ain't pretty.

Thanks for your input.

Pat
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 19:03:04

gshaviv

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Patrick

quote:

Check out my post under "More Conde Hemanos"

Which one? There are plenty of your posts there ;)

quote:

it ain't pretty

Why do you think it ain't pretty? I agree with every word you said. I think you do get value for you money by ordering a guitar from a world class builder, even if its at the price of $5000 or more. Like you said there are certain intangible things that you can't easily quantify.

My point was that what is worth $1000 for one person, may not be worth $1 to another person. Each one of us is unique (thank god) and values things differently, its not to say that one person is right and the other is wrong, its just that we are different.

And as for Doitsujin's comment about being extravagent, even if that's the sole reason a person buys an expensive guitar, I don't see anything wrong in it. If owning an expensive guitar brings you joy, go fot it.

Now to set the recrod straight, I currently play a $1500 guitar (which is probably worth more now, cause when I bought it the Euro was 0.8$). I recently ordered a custom built negra from Aaron Green which I can't wait to get, and I'm also in the waiting list for a DeVoe. And I drive a BMW 330 convertible (you got to have a convertible in California).

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 20:49:15

Patrick

Guy,

You are a man after my own heart. You will love the Green and the DeVoe. As for the convertible, in Portland it would just fill up with rain!

Pat
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 21:18:57

Escribano

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to gshaviv

quote:

And I drive a BMW 330 convertible (you got to have a convertible in California).

If it were a '65 Mustang convertible, I would agree

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2005 23:14:40

quote:

Sorry too expensive. Everybody who spends more than 2000euro for a professional flamencoguitar is being extravagent IMO except rich famous players or collectors.

Well my prices will go above 2000 euros very soon, and they will still be very cheap. It's so easy to say these frases, but reality is different.

A normal output of handbuild guitars is around 12 a year.
I now leave it to everyone to calculate a normal income of a guitarbuilder. Remember that materials and workshop are expensive things.

You will always be able to find cheap guitars. Some even good, but people with the attitude like this one above, will play factory guitars and thats it. If you want something special and personal, and you think that it's worth keeping a traditional way of building alive, you have to respect that we, the builders also have to live.

And, the last thing. Remember that the factorys never invented anything. They only copy. The real work is been done in the small personal workshops.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 4 2005 8:17:20

el ted

Anders,
Very good point. Running a one man workshop is no easy road to riches. BUT I think that some workshops, by the judicious use of apprentices, churn out FAR more than one guitar a month, but you pay top wack for them because they have a certain name on the label.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 4 2005 8:39:35

Ted

You are very right, and that's why I'm always there when there's a discussion about handmade guitars. Where's the limit, and if a Conde Hermano or an Alhambra is a handmade artesan guitar, what is guitars like mine, and the others working like me (alone, doing everything themselves)

Well. I'll leave it in order to let the guy sell his guitar. Maybe we should allow him to post a new thread, and not interfere. That's what I did in the start, but things got out of proportion and I got a little annoyed after reading some of the posts.

BTW, I've seen a couple of nice Condes, and they hold their prices very well if they are in good shape. That's also value, so the price being asked for this one is probably right. Think about how much a new one would cost in the states after shipping and tax.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 4 2005 10:23:16

Patrick

See if you can top this collection. No they are not mine.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2005 19:50:34

Thanks everyone for your posts. The Conde has been sold today.

Saludos,
Don
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2005 21:23:38

flyeogh

Well done Don. Did you get the lead from here? If so I guess it proves "all publicity is good publicity"

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2005 21:25:29

Conrad

that's my place in ten years. Except the rest of the home will have no furniture, apart from one comfortable playing chair. Great photo. Who's are they, and what's in the cases?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2005 1:09:32

Patrick

quote:

Who's are they, and what's in the cases?

In respect of his confidentiality, I prefer not to say whom they belong to. This picture is actually just part of the collection. As for what are they?...name a name and he most likely has one, owned one, or has one coming!

This picture shows a Lester DeVoe negra on the left, followed by a very old cedar top Conde negra, with an out of this world Aaron Green Brazilian negra on the right.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2005 1:51:30

You missed this one:

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2005 9:00:30

Patrick

Anders,

He told me one of your negra's will be hanging in one of those cases. How soon?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2005 19:50:18

TANúñez

Hee Hee, I know who owns these You know what? these guitars are worth several thousand dollars. Some a hell of a lot more. Soon, one will arrive from Anders who's prices are a steel right now and I bet that it's going to compare very well to some of these "world class" guitars.

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 7 2005 1:44:10

Conrad

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to TANúñez

It seems to be nearly public knowledge. What are the gravevines that you dudes frequent. I wish I knew who has this collection.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 7 2005 6:40:56

I'm building it right now. It's gonna have it's back glued on tonight. A Brazilean Peghead.

I hope it won't "dissappear" in the multitude. You know the old story: You can't see the forest because of all the trees.....

At least I'm the only one making zig zag rosettes.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 7 2005 8:56:06

Patrick, WOW! If heaven were a room it would probably look something like that.

The finish on that Conde is nice, it almost seems like it glows in some of those pics.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 3:31:06

Patrick

quote:

The finish on that Conde is nice, it almost seems like it glows in some of those pics.

Yes it does, but you haven’t seen anything until you've seen an Aaron Green French polished Brazilian negra.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 6:13:27

el ted

Morning chaps,
I've been trying to keep this collection secret, but I have obviously been outed. They are all mine, and no, you can't have a play with them!!!!

Even strawberries get it!
Cheers from sunny Hull
ted
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 7:31:46

Patrick

Ted,

I don't think so! I will give you all a hint. It is not located in Europe, North America or South America.

It is a small world. This collection houses a very nice Ramirez 1A negra that our own Eddie Lastra and I both possessed at one time. Also, forum member Miguel de Maria plays a world class Tezanos Perez Brazilian negra that came from this collection.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 16:08:27

Miguel de Maria

Yes, but my guitar is not as shiny as Aaron's....There are no dings, but there are lots of tiny scratches. My guitars get used !! :)

It's interesting... it was birthday yesterday, yes 31 years old now. I got a set of kitchen knives from my wife. They are excellent quality, Henckle, German made. When I picked up one of the knives, with their heaviness and lightness and excellent balance, they reminded me so much of my guitar. Exquisitely built to apply force in a controlled and efficient way. Light yet heavy. In a certain sense a completely alien feel to less quality instruments.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 17:15:34

Ron.M

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Miguel de Maria

quote:

I got a set of kitchen knives from my wife

I'd be careful there Mike... (no offence meant)

Safer with a set of matching mousetraps, which stack together elegantly and neatly when not in use IMO and needless to say, only hand crafted by the famous mousetrap luthiers of Hamlin.

Jeez, only 31?

Happy Birthday anyway Mike!

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 20:33:33
Page:   [1] 2    >   >>
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread