Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $4800 OBO   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Patrick

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Guest

quote:

Jeez, only 31?

I have pains that are older!

Happy B Day, buddy.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 20:39:26

Miguel de Maria

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Ron.M

When I first started cooking, I would cut myself a lot, but I don't do it anymore. But these knives are very sharp, and could easily cut to the bone. I will be careful!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2005 22:01:56

el ted

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to Patrick

Patrick,
By gum, you are right!! When I look more closely at the photo, I realised that my chair is a different colour. It's uncanny how similar my collection is. NOT!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 10 2005 7:33:10

TANúñez

RE: Conde Hermanos A26 Felipe V $480... (in reply to el ted

Happy B-Day Mike. May you have many more!

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 13 2005 17:14:50

Ricardo

Regarding the guitar in question, I had the opportunity to play it tonight. My good friend bought it, to my surprise. It is an excellent instrument well worth the price paid. I have played many of this model, and own a good one myself, and this one is right up there with the best of them. I have also played the student model Conde's which certainly can do the "job".

Not to continue this silly arguement about the value of musical instruments, but to our German friend, I ask why is $2,000 the limit below "being extravagant", when a pro player can do the "job" with a $100 Yamaha if necessary? As the price goes up, the details become important. That is what you pay for, the details, once you get past a wooden box with strings. Everyone has there own personal limit on what is "extravagant".

Ricardo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 16 2005 5:18:49

quote:

As the price goes up, the details become important.

well said. And this includes the details of the sound, the capacity of the instrument, that it's capable of expressing what you want to express and not the other way round.

As with other tools (guitars are tools to express art) price is impossible to understand. Why buy a Lie Nielsen Plane when you can get a Stanley that does the job.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 16 2005 7:35:04

Miguel de Maria

Anders,
I bought the Lie Niesen plane because I didn't know how to sharpen. Don't laugh man! That was a beautiful tool, though. If you've ever had one, I don't think you would mistake it for a current-era Stanley (antique Stanley's would be a different thing, since the Lie Neesen is based on old Stanley's), anymore than I could possibly mistake my Tezanos Perez for a cheap Yamaha.

Anders, do you believe a flamenco guitar should have less sustain than a classical?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 18 2005 17:23:34

quote:

Anders, do you believe a flamenco guitar should have less sustain than a classical?

It's a difficult question, because, what is sustain. I can tell you what I try to build into my flamenco and classical guitar.

Flamenco: I like my guitars to have some kind of sustain. I personally don't like very short sustained dry sounding flamenco guitars without any harmonys. My goal is to make the trebles sing and have lots of high overtones. The basses I want to be deep and almost drum like. A big dry and dark boum that doesn't last to long. I find this to serve the music the best, and as I said before, a guitar is a tool that is supposed to serve a certain artform with certain esthetics. If you build a lot of sustain into a flamenco guitar, it will often rumble when you play it hard like many classicals. And when you accompany cante, it can be difficult to control a guitar with a lot of sustain.

Classical. I build more sustain into a classical, but there's a limit, where to much sustain makes the guitar loose it's liveliness, and this I don't like. My personal taste of classical guitars are the smaller lively spruce topped ones with tons of harmonics. I build big sounding cedar guitars as well and I understand what it is the costumer want, but it's not my personal taste.

I don't know if this is an answer, but at least I tried. Words are so useless when it comes to art.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 19 2005 8:12:54
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post