Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: New La Bella 820B   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

tele

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to tele

BTW, does anyone know where I can purchase la bella black treble sets(without basses) delivered to europe? Or maybe one by one?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 2 2013 16:13:52

lorenza.cocco@gmail.com

You can purchase them on StringsByMail.com

2001 Series Trebles:
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/classical-guitar-strings-1/la-bella-strings-59/2001-flamenco-132/

820B Trebles:
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/classical-guitar-strings-1/la-bella-strings-59/elite-flamenco-136/820b-black-nylon-222/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 4 2013 13:48:15

Ramon Amira

For anyone looking for really bright trebles, try the La Bella 820 with the Red trebles. They are the brightest treble strings I have ever played.

Ramon

Classical and flamenco guitars from Spain Ramon Amira Guitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 6 2013 14:32:16

geert1957

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to gounaro

Compared to the old without yellow 'new improved trebles' sticker these new La Bella red nylon strings WITH yellow sticker sound really better, brighter, more flamenco-ish! I compared them over the last few months and they certainly have improved.
Formerly used Pro-Arté E46 but now switch between these two brands. I like both.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 17:45:54

mark indigo

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to geert1957

quote:

Compared to the old without yellow 'new improved trebles' sticker these new La Bella red nylon strings WITH yellow sticker sound really better, brighter, more flamenco-ish! I compared them over the last few months and they certainly have improved.

I tried out a set of these with the yellow sticker and they were hopeless, couldn't get them in tune, they were all over the place. They did have a good sound, but I couldn't actually play anything they were that bad. I bought a set of the red trebles and a set of the black trebles, one set had the sticker, the other didn't, and they were both as bad as one another.... very disappointed

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 19:20:42

krichards

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to Ramon Amira

Yes great sound and they really suit my present guitar but, the intonation is still very poor.
On the last set the g string was so sharp at the 12th fret, I had to discard it and find a string from a different set (not la bella)
Not good.

Kevin Richards

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kevin.richards.1048554
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 19:24:24

lorenza.cocco@gmail.com

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to krichards

Hi Kevin & Mark, This is La Bella Strings. Please let us know where we can mail you replacement sets to be sure that you have the newest trebles!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 22:32:01

Ramon Amira

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to krichards

quote:

Yes great sound and they really suit my present guitar but, the intonation is still very poor.
On the last set the g string was so sharp at the 12th fret, I had to discard it and find a string from a different set (not la bella)
Not good.

I think you must have wound up with some old stock strings. I have been playing La Bella strings, including the 820 Reds, and I have not found any intonation problems whatsoever.

Ramon

Classical and flamenco guitars from Spain Ramon Amira Guitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 12 2013 14:36:05

mark indigo

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to lorenza.cocco@gmail.com

quote:

Hi Kevin & Mark, This is La Bella Strings. Please let us know where we can mail you replacement sets to be sure that you have the newest trebles!

thanks, looking forward to receiving them and trying them out

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 12 2013 16:36:51

keith

i was at the labella website today and they are listing the 820 series as having the exact same tension as the 2001 classical medium tension strings--this is a new listing as the older listing just had diameters. i wonder if the new and improved 820 series is really the 2001 classical mediums with color added to the trebles. thoughts?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 12 2013 21:44:38

lorenza.cocco@gmail.com

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to keith

Hi Keith - this is Lorenza from La Bella Strings. We crafted the 2001 Series Classical Medium tension to copy the both the 820B and 820 set because it was such a popular tension. The 820 and 820B were created decades before the 2001 Series. However, the new 2001 Series is constructed completely differently. They have different core diameters and different winding diameters, in addition to different treble formulas. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or email info@labella.com for more clarification. Thanks!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 12 2013 21:54:05

keith

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to lorenza.cocco@gmail.com

lorenza--thank you for the reply and information. i use 2001 mediums and knowing the 820s are the same tension is good to know--i will try a set of the 820s. by the way, any chance of reviving your t-shirt line?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2013 9:17:35

Filip

Hi all,

Does anyone have an opinion and recent experience to share regarding the 820B (black trebles) or 2001HT (also bt)?

To give more context to my question, I've been searching a lot of info on the forum about strings, and reading a lot about La Bella problems here. I never tried any other strings on my Ramirez FL1 blanca than their original pack which I was always buying at their store (I tried other strings ages ago but on my old Yamaha classical guitar, so I don't count that). Now I don't live in Madrid anymore and I decided to try some other sets and see how these will do. The two sets I mentioned got my attention since I read a lot of good comments, so I ordered both sets from a friend in London. However, I also read about bad experiences. So I was just wondering how the things are now, since a lot of posts are years old.

Cheers
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 5 2016 22:59:19

tri7/5

I haven't played the 820B in a while but the 2001 flamencos I've had zero issues with over the past couple years.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 6 2016 22:28:17

pundi64

I also have been using the older or newer batch,(no yellow label) ????? of 820 (red) on my blanca flamenco guitar,
and have had no complaints at all, with my first set installed. So from what you are saying it is pot luck whether you get a bad batch or not, because I have 12 sets left,
in my stock pile supply. So if I find these are going flat can we talk exchange for the new and improved 820's.
I'll let you know what I have found out later, so far so good.

You know, I've read thru all the threads in this topic, some say 820 reds are lousy, some say 820B's are lousy, others say the reds are bright and snappy sound,
other complain about the 820B's, maybe the length of ones guitar scale board has something to do with it, staying in tune, at the 12th fret, and going e flat.
Maybe some of these guitars mechanical tuners, if using them, are slipping slightly, or not giving an accurate tune from the start, also thinking maybe some of these guitars are
warped on the sound board, at the bridge, not staying in tune, with weather humidity and temperature changes, these two factors can make a big difference in the tune of the guitar.
I am using a set of 820 red's and haven't experienced any problems so far with going flat, sharp or any other tuning factor.
I know when getting the guitar out of the case, and checking the tuning on a meter, they can be ever so slightly out of tune, just with weather conditions, but tune in with a very small tweak,
on the tuner, I just take it in stride, are we all sure we're not just to the extreme perfectionists we take ourselves to be, just to complain.
Every guitar will have it's own characteristics in tuning, staying tuned, or what string combinations to use or not to use, they are as individual as us humans are, or at least as we'd like to think we are.
I have found what suits my two guitars, and flamenco negra, and a blanca, and they are as different as day and night.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 6 2016 23:46:25

Filip

Thanks for the replies.

Members have written about bad trebles of La Bella and improved version with yellow sticker. It's been a few years since that, so I was wondering if I still have to look for yellow sticker or all packs are good now.
I will let you know if I have any problems when I put the new strings.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 7 2016 19:01:21

sig

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to Filip

I see this old post was brought back to life. Anyway, all the LaBella set's I've purchased in the past few years have been fine. No intonation issues on the red treble set at least.
Sig--
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2016 21:43:16

ToddK

I just tried a set of 900B's and i didnt like the polished basses at all.

The trebles were ok. The tension was not enough for me, but i did like
the tone overall.

I'm gonna be trying the 820B's and the 2001's over the next few days, or
maybe weeks, depending.

I also have a set of D'addario Dynacore J46 that i am gonna try at some point too.

Over the years, i have always come back to plain old D"addario Pro Arte J46.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2016 4:37:08

Ricardo

RE: New La Bella 820B (in reply to Filip

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filip

Thanks for the replies.

Members have written about bad trebles of La Bella and improved version with yellow sticker. It's been a few years since that, so I was wondering if I still have to look for yellow sticker or all packs are good now.
I will let you know if I have any problems when I put the new strings.

I always buy these (820 red) in bulk....trebles have been fairly good after the improvement. No more yellow sticker used but the front package design has changed since those days when they were consistently bad. I must admit after going through dozens, yes there was a bad G or a bad A string here and there....but this has been my experience with every string brand.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 18 2016 16:18:21

lorenza.cocco@gmail.com

Hello - this is La Bella Strings here. We stopped using the "New & Improved" labels over a year ago -- there should not be any issues with any of our strings out there. As always, please email info@labella.com with any customer service inquiries and we will take care of it! Thanks for your time.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 18 2016 18:33:29

Filip

Hi guys,

Thanks for your thoughts, the situation is much clear to me now.
I put the 2001 set a while ago, the trebles felt quite different and unusual at first, the tension and just the feeling on my fingers that I can't explain (it's probably normal after 6 years of using only one string set), but I got used to them now and the set is quite good I'd say - no problems that were mentioned before, I feel the strings nice and smooth and I can play well.
Ricardo, I guess this is the new pack that you use?

Lorenza, thanks a lot for your reply, much appreciated.

Cheers
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 4 2016 17:14:47

AndresK

Archive purposes post mostly. The 820B sounds very nice still in 2023. La Bella is great company with very reliable strings and is keeping the prices reasonable too even though in 2023 everything has skyrocketed.

Oh, and the usual comparison with EJ45 so one can hear the differences (if he/she has already tried EJ45) and see if he/she likes them and might want to give them a try.

0:00 Francisco Tárrega - Recuerdos de la Alhambra
2:24 Verano Porteño - Astor Piazzola
3:26 Francisco Tárrega - Lágrima
4:29 Francisco Tárrega - Adelita5:23 Sabicas - soleá
7:49 Jerónimo Maya - Tango
10:05 Paco de Lucia - Guajiras de Lucia
12:36 simple buleria compás
15:17 Francisco Tárrega - Capricho árabe
17:50 Agustín Barrios - Vals No.3
19:14 Isaac Albéniz - Asturias
22:30 Vicente Amigo - Vivencias Imaginadas
25:03 H.Villa-Lobos - Prelude No.5

Things that cannot be heard in the video:The two sets are bit similar in nylon type which is the more traditional one. The 820B is a bit stiffer in feel and tension compared to the EJ45 but a bit louder too. Thus the EJ45 feel a bit easier to fret. Both sets can sound sweet played over the soundhole and more aggressive if played closer to the bridge with the 820B having an extra growl if played accordingly and maybe that is why they are marketed to be flamenco guitar strings although they are perfectly fine for classical music too.

Hope this video helps!

Cheers!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 22 2023 5:44:20

Cervantes

I recently tried the 820 (red ones). I liked them. But on my guitar they have a chocked off sound.
I have not tried carbon strings in a long time, so decided to try the Vivace normal tension.
I really like these, loud and clear and not too harsh sounding like some carbons.
They are thinner and the tension felt high to me which was hurting my fingertips.
So I tuned then down by 20 cents and that helped.
Really like the basses too.
Intonation seems better than most strings I have tried.

Ah well, there was a fantastic passion there, in my case anyway. I discovered flamenco
very early on. It grips you in a way that you can't get away - Paco Pena
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 23 2023 23:49:40
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote