Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Blanca with White Golpeador   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

constructordeguitarras

Blanca with White Golpeador 

I want to show you this guitar which has the same specifications as the blanca I posted on January 30th.

Video of me playing it:

Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115192646905893960498/036?authkey=Gv1sRgCKGGr_7K9K3cvgE#

I have several potential buyers nibbling on it this week, so hurry if you want it.

This is supposed to be a review: I think it's the most responsive and loudest guitar I have ever played. What do you think?

It has Port Orford cedar (a type of cypress) back and sides, Engelmann spruce soundboard, Spanish cedar neck (mahogany heelblock), ebony fingerboard, Bolivian rosewood bridge, bindings, and headplate, and Pegheds geared pegs that look like traditional wood pegs, with abalone dot inlays on the Pegheds. The width at the nut is 51 mm and the scale length is 656 mm.

It is set up with an action of 3 mm between the sixth string and the 12th fret. The distance between the bottom of the sixth string, at the bridge, and the surface of the golpeador is 9 mm.

French polish finish. It weighs under 3 pounds.

I am asking $2600 which includes a case and UPS ground shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 United States of America. I would send the buyer a Paypal invoice to pay by their method of choice.

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
www.facebook.com/ethandeutschguitars
www.youtube.com/marioamayaflamenco
I always have flamenco guitars available for sale.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 18:57:48

rombsix

RE: Blanca with White Golpeador (in reply to constructordeguitarras

Man, you are awesome! I have to say it again. I LOVE the fact that you don't give a crap about anything and do your own thing - meaning, that you play SLOW! I just love playing slow because that is when I sound best. Save, I always wish I could record my slow playing, and push fast forward, then transform my real playing into the fast forward playing. Because that only is doable in fantasy land, I many-a-time opt to attempt fast forwarding by playing what I can do well slow, fast. This often results in crappy playing.

However, you just keep at it and make videos where you also play slow, which I find to be amazing. I really like your sound and your guitars.

Now, about this video - it's hilarious how your pulgar gets stuck when doing that Moron falseta around 0:54 and then you look at your left hand and smile (plus make a double up-jumping eyebrow movement) around 0:56. Olé!

Do you have any videos where you are performing something with a fast tempo? I would like to see how that sounds.

Cheers to the white golpeador! It's superb!

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 21:39:07

constructordeguitarras

RE: Blanca with White Golpeador (in reply to rombsix

Thanks for your post, it is very amusing. I rushed to make this video to advertise the guitar and with a sore arm, but when I saw it I kind of wished my rhythm was steadier. I think soleares should be slow, though. Maymi says that I am good at playing things without a compas, like granaínas; but my second wife said that I had good rhythm for a white boy. There may be some videos of me playing fast on www.youtube/marioamayaflamenco or www.youtube/lunaresduo--I guess it depends what you consider fast.
It wasn't my pulgar that failed me in the video but my ligados. I have noticed that Paco (THE Paco) smiles when he makes a "mistake" (Is it possible for him to make a mistake?) and I may have picked up that habit. Best wishes.

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 21:52:44

rombsix

Yeah - there is some faster stuff (but still not as fast as I was hoping for ) on the channel with you playing alongside that Asian woman. Is that Maymi?

Is she your teacher? Is she a flamenco guitarist? Where can I find out more about her or see videos of her performing?

You seem super calm and polite, hombre. Reminds me of myself before my "No more Mr. Nice Guy" policy kicked in.

I'm still kinda nice though.

More videos! "On behalf of Expert Village..."

Ramzi

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 22:11:49

gounaro

Awesome review... How about price and specifications?

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 22:20:09

constructordeguitarras

That's Maymi and I would definitely say she's a flamenco guitarist. We've been helping each other learn since we met, but neither of us would claim to be the other's teacher. I think all the videos she has of her sola are old and with her terrible old guitar (I built her a new one in self defense), but I think you can find her under Pinkfedora on Youtube. You seem pretty nice to me, hombre. And how is it that you know so many languages?

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 23:16:46

constructordeguitarras

RE: Blanca with White Golpeador (in reply to gounaro

Thank you. I've added the details here and in classifieds.

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 23:25:36

rombsix

quote:

That's Maymi and I would definitely say she's a flamenco guitarist. We've been helping each other learn since we met, but neither of us would claim to be the other's teacher. I think all the videos she has of her solo are old and with her terrible old guitar (I built her a new one in self defense), but I think you can find her under Pinkfedora on Youtube. You seem pretty nice to me, hombre. And how is it that you know so many languages?

Oh, yeah! I've seen her videos quite some time ago. I think we've even discussed them here as well. She's off da hook!

If you still don't know, I am the famous rombsix from YouTube. You can find my videos here:

www.youtube.com/rombsix

www.youtube.com/romb6covers

www.youtube.com/arabicguitarlessons

etc.

(This is me assuming my "Sir Spam-a-Lot" personality)

I'm Lebanese, and so I know Arabic, English, and French. I also know a bit of Spanish.

I'm nice to you because just by looking at you and how you play (and having watched your famous Expert Village video series), I can tell you're a good person. Am I right?

Olé!

Ramzi

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2012 23:33:03

constructordeguitarras

I must be a good person because Maymi thinks I am.
I am looking at your videos. I really like the solea por bulerias for accompanying dancers. The farruca is nice too. Some of your troop in the farruca video seem young. I expect that all the videos are good. Your solo entre dos aguas is nice and slow! (But it's irritating not to be able to see your right hand because of the blurb.) Are you Luciano in the duet? Really nice!

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 7 2012 1:45:34

rombsix

quote:

I am looking at your videos. I really like the solea por bulerias for accompanying dancers. The farruca is nice too. Some of your troop in the farruca video seem young. I expect that all the videos are good. Your solo entre dos aguas is nice and slow! (But it's irritating not to be able to see your right hand because of the blurb.) Are you Luciano in the duet? Really nice!

I'm glad you like the videos.

The people in the background of the farruca video are guitar students of my ex-teacher. I was participating in a guitar recital organized by my ex-teacher to have his students perform some pieces, and they were all seated on stage thus appearing in the video.

About Entre dos Aguas and the blurb - if you put the pointer of your mouse over the blurb, and "X" with a circle around it will appear on the top right hand corner of the blurb. If you click on that encircled X, the blurb disappears and you will see my right hand clearly.

My name is Ramzi. The duet is a video of my friends, Luciano (long hair) and his older brother José. I recorded the video when they were visiting to jam at my home. Luciano is only 18 years old, but he's a very good guitarist and I am sure he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Cheers Ethan!

Ramzi

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 7 2012 3:26:45
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message