Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Would you like to have Jason McGuire back on foroflamenco?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2 3 4 5    >   >>
[Poll]

Would you like to have Jason McGuire back on foroflamenco?

Yes - we want Jason back!
  86% (86)
No - we don't want Jason!
  14% (14)

Total Votes : 100

(last vote on : Jun. 10 2020 23:42:50) 
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

rombsix

Would you like to have Jason McGuire... 

I really think we need to have more people like Ricardo and Grisha and the likes here, and Jason is definitely one of those people. I hope I am not going to get banned for this, but I would really like to have Jason McGuire back as a member here.

Please vote to let us know if you want him back or not.

Cheers!

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 3:24:37

VietFlamenco

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to rombsix

Jason was one of the reasons I discovered this website. Was searching for his videos when I ran across the foro. Would love to have him back. Loved all his free lessons.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 3:35:12

vigrond

was there any bad blood between foro and Jason after the ban? or was it just between Jason and Corey?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 4:29:11

davidheis_24

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Sep. 10 2013 23:39:22
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 4:31:00

rombsix

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to vigrond

quote:

was there any bad blood between foro and Jason after the ban? or was it just between Jason and Corey?

I have no clue...

quote:

oooo man what if this backfires on you! lol

I hope it doesn't. I'm just trying to get a member back who will surely contribute lots of great flamenco knowledge to this forum. The admin decides eventually though...

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 4:42:42

Elie

I like him very much actually
and I've learned lots from his site
so for sure it will be great if he gets back .. along with mike-kinny as I remember who left when jason left

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 4:47:19

quote:

I hope I am not going to get banned for this

opinions are a volatile thing
hell yes...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 4:50:34

FredSanford

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to Guest

quote:

opinions are a volatile thing

like a*sholes, everybody has one

dude is a trouble maker

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 5:06:43

Florian

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to Guest

i like him very much too...does he actually wanna come back ? have you asked him ? we wont achieve what you want to achieve by trying to outvote the admins or putting it to a vote this way imo...but by him writing to them and acknowledging whatever it was that got him banned in the first place and making a fresh start

i cant really imagine them saying "yes" without him being involved too ..bottom line its Simon's forum he needs to feel good about it too

the admins here are pretty reasonable people have given others second chances in the past, but i think it should come from him ...encourage Jason to talk it out with them

i for one would love to see him here again, in the short time he has been here he has made tremendous contributions to the foro.. the guy is very very generous and has helped me out alot...his heart is always in the right place, when here he truly was an asset to the forum

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 5:06:48

Pgh_flamenco

After Jason left he created a forum with a similar name as FF. This only added to the bad feelings involved in the situation. I think it's offline now, but the damage is done. If Simon was willing to allow him back I'd be all for it, but Simon is entitled to his feelings, too. BTW: Jason is already back and using an alias.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 5:39:41

Florian

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

I hope Jason does what he needs to do to get back here cause id love to see him here...i think the ball is more in his court...i cant really see admins here writing to him out of the blue asking if he wants to come back when hes not made it clear himself that he wants to come back

someone needs to make the first move

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 5:43:32

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jan. 23 2012 5:57:31
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 5:50:03

quote:

i for one would love to see him here again, in the short time he has been here he has made tremendous contributions to the foro.. the guy is very very generous and has helped me out alot...his heart is always in the right place, when here he truly was an asset to the forum

could'nt agree more...
quote:

BTW: Jason is already back and using an alias.

Time to hide the bong again....

damn pressed delete instead of edit...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 6:01:30

davidheis_24

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Sep. 10 2013 23:39:45
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 6:18:29

akatune

He should be invited back. To say he should be allowed back is a condescension. He probably wouldn't come back, but if he did, it would only benefit our education in flamenco. Not to mention our own value of humility and ability to forgive.

He should not have been banned in the first place. Our modern society preaches tolerance, but failes to tolerate those with a difference of opinion or set of behaviors. He had the right, as a free man, to have an opinion of and an arguement with the professor.

For those of you who have not met him personally and have judged him based on his stubbornness and the mentioned arguement, allow me to share my experience. I was fortunate enough to study under jason once a month for about a year. I was not only impressed with his unparalleled knowledge and ability. He was an incredibly generous person. His understanding and patience of others is deep.

So he has a cement truck full of attitude and stubborness. So what? let's be ourselves and allow others to be themselves. I have experienced more negativity from other members. Theres room for jason.

Someone should contact him personally and ask him to please share some time with us.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 7:20:57

Arash

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to Florian

Romby, of course most of us would love to have Jason back.
Man he has done so much for me for FREE.
But i agree with Flo, it would have been better to try to get Jason back not with such a Poll, but behind the scene through PMs with Jason and Simon, because i can imagine that such a Poll makes Simon uncomfortable.
Its not good that you make such a Poll and even mention that "you could get banned for this". you know exactly that Simon wont ban you, but he will be in a bad and uncomfortable position.

After all we love all of them (Simon , Ron and Jason) so we have to find a solution where everyone will be happy.

And again , Flo is right, does Jason even want to come back?
Thats the first point to be cleared.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 7:30:04

Pgh_flamenco

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to akatune

quote:

Not to mention our own value of humility and ability to forgive.

He should not have been banned in the first place. Our modern society preaches tolerance, but failes to tolerate those with a difference of opinion or set of behaviors. He had the right, as a free man, to have an opinion of and an arguement with the professor.

The ban wasn't solely about someone asserting his right to free speech. IIRC there was the possibility of a legal entanglement due to this argument. The person who hosts a forum can be brought into this sort of litigation.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 7:37:40

Florian

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to akatune

quote:

He should be invited back. To say he should be allowed back is a condescension

that's my point ...lets forget "i was right", "he was right", that's not gonna do anyone any good...Jason had a right to exercise his right of free speech yes, just as Simon considering hes paying the bills here and the forum was his vision and creation had the right to exercise his option on how he wants his forum run...when someone opens a forum and pays the bills that will happen....i am sure Jason knows this...I love Jason, i consider him a friend, i owe him alot i am doing a concert with him later this year which i am very excited about but its not my forum... and if the guy that owns the forum asks you to stop doing something you are doing and you don't...well ? what do you expect that will happen eventually

...i cant even remember exactly what happened...we need to forget that put miss happenings behind us (it happens to all of us) and start fresh, ...everything aside speaking from the forum and flamenco point of view we would benefit from having Jason here more then if hes not...but it should still be his idea to wanna be here and make the necessary moves to make that happen...whatever it was only he can straiten things out with Simon

I hope he does

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 7:59:18

KMMI77

It's a shame the way things worked out. It was fun to have Jason on here. Not just because of his playing, but his sense of humor. We also lost gj michelob over all that as well. Life is too short, It would be nice to see everything cleared up. Even though i think he would enjoy it, I can't imagine him coming back here.

If you want to learn from Jason join his lessons website or watch his many videos.

I'm sure this thread will get plenty of views. Gossip always generates much more interest than Flamenco.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 8:15:56

El Kiko

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to KMMI77

quote:

hehehe maybe jason hacked rombsix account and started the thread!

Yes its easy for him to change a name and be here when ever he wants to see what there is to see, The original ban maybe should have had a time limit , The thing about it was it was just using the foro space as a sound board for a personal problem , who wants to read about that ? maybe I don't like someone here, so what ...
I do think it was actually very immature behavior .
There are thousands of guitar players out there , and many of them are very good , very very good indeed and yet they are not ( yet ) on the Foro , .. what is important is the spirit of the foro, it is after all for everyone , not just the good ones. In fact it is perhaps more widely used by beginners and intermediate to get them going and have contact with others.
Everyone here has something to offer and I have learned a lot from all kinds of places and people who are not always better than me .
Remember who ever is here, or whatever post are available , you dont have to read them , I tend to read the post that I think will be of interest to me , by the title .
If you dont like it , just dont view that thread.
Personally I think Mr McGuire is a very talented player , far more so than I will ever be even if I live to be 100.
I also think he is childish and naive in many respects , and incredibly self opinionated ..
Whether he is here or not , I don't really care, to be honest.
However the Foro was created and is run by people whom I do care about and since it is their space and I am allowed on here I would give my support to whatever decision the top men make.
This is not really a cop-out on my part it is merely a way to fit in with my own life , projects and what I am doing .
Jason has his own sites and lessons and if anyone misses him it would be easy enough to get in touch with him there.

To sum up ...Neutral.

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 8:55:03

Florian

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to El Kiko

quote:

I also think he is childish and naive in many respects , and incredibly self opinionated ..

he also has some amazing qualities like loyalty towards friends and generosity (remember for a long time he put up the top prize for our challenges when he didn't have too...simply cause i asked, he got his singer to record just voice for our cante challenge when he didn't have too, went out of his way to help me with a few things privately when he didn't have too, i am sure he helped many others privately too )..i don't think its right of us to judge his whole persona by the way he may have acted under some remote stressful circumstances (its different when you are emotionally involved into an argument and its personal than it is if you just observing an argument unaffected from the outside )...its very easy to brand someone wrong that way over the internet...

Jason is no different than any of us weather at the forum or in real life we have all been emotionally involved in arguments before and said things in the heat of the moment or have been stubborn...its a bad moment, its not who we are...luckily most of us get a second chance to prove that

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 9:08:24

mezzo

quote:

I'm sure this thread will get plenty of views. Gossip always generates much more interest than Flamenco.

+1
as trashtalks about fakers.

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 9:38:12

Tomrocker

Honestly, i saw a recent post by Jason in the foro and i left a comment welcoming him back! i thought he is back already since he used his old account once more.. Am i missing something?

This is hard stuff!
Don't give up...
And don't make it a race.
Enjoy the ray of sunshine that comes with every new step in knowledge.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 9:49:57

Elie

quote:

Honestly, i saw a recent post by Jason in the foro and i left a comment welcoming him back! i thought he is back already since he used his old account once more.. Am i missing something?

check the date of that recent post
it's "Date Nov. 18 2010 21"

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 9:53:36

rogeliocan

I thought FredSanford was Jason.
I'm just a guest in this house. This is not my decision.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 10:32:37

El Kiko

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to Florian

quote:

remember for a long time he put up the top prize for our challenges when he didn't have too

I did not know that , as it was obviously before my time . but ,be that as it may it does not really change anything , putting up a prize or helping or being a good player still doesn't give you the rights to go against the wishes of the foro owners or use the foro as a personal argument page .
As I said , I don't really mind if he is in or out so long as he is not posting personal arguments ..
Also I dont think anyone should post deliberately controversial or annoying messages for the specific purpose of getting a rise out of people and initiating a hate-filled and overly-argumentative thread, isnt that called Trolling in the internet world?
I would hope people avoid posts that attack, insult, flame, defame, or abuse others,and try to respect other members.

As I mentioned this Foro has an owner, and can do whatever he likes with it, including closing it down . We are guests, and creating extra hassle for him/them is not gonna help anyone.
Also the admins here as on all sites have the right to edit or delete posts without prior notice that go against any rules or usage, speaking of which I do not know if there are any rules that have been put down for the usage of this site , if there are, then we follow them if there arent, then maybe there should be some and it would help clear things up from time to time if needed.

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 10:53:09

Doitsujin

I don´t know exactly what happened in past... what the reasons were. But I think everybody deserves a 2nd chance. But I think he should want it himself. Otherwise its like steve Jobs who was an **** to his people...but got taken back in the company cos he was so good. xD I like Jason personally. Hes a cool funny dude. And he knows a lot of stuff. Was always nice to actually learn something here.. ;P Hahaha
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 11:12:30

Grisha

I strongly respect moderators' opinions and decisions, but I would LOVE to see Jason back. He's a gold mine of flamenco knowledge.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 12:52:43

BarkellWH

quote:

We also lost gj michelob over all that as well.

As I recall, gj michelob's departure from the Foro had nothing to do with the Jason McGuire dust-up. He stated quite clearly that he was leaving because he found the constant debates and arguments over what constitutes "real" flamenco tiresome, and he was going on to other things. In my opinion, gj's departure was a loss to the Foro because he was probably the most articulate and clever member, and it was a joy to read his posts.

This Foro has plenty of members who are both knowledgeable and entertaining. Jason McGuire's presence or absence neither enhances nor diminishes the Foro. The Foro is fine in its current iteration. If Jason McGuire were to re-join the Foro, he would be one more voice. But if he doesn't, I'm sure that anyone who wishes to contact him can do so via his own website. I agree with Rico..Kiko, however, that behavior on the Foro has limits. Jason McGuire exceeded those limits, and Admin had every right (and duty) to banish him. If he wishes to come back to the fold, it should be between him and Admin.

Cheers,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 13:32:36

hamia

RE: Would you like to have Jason McG... (in reply to El Kiko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rico_Kiko

quote:

remember for a long time he put up the top prize for our challenges when he didn't have too

I did not know that , as it was obviously before my time . but ,be that as it may it does not really change anything , putting up a prize or helping or being a good player still doesn't give you the rights to go against the wishes of the foro owners or use the foro as a personal argument page .
As I said , I don't really mind if he is in or out so long as he is not posting personal arguments ..
Also I dont think anyone should post deliberately controversial or annoying messages for the specific purpose of getting a rise out of people and initiating a hate-filled and overly-argumentative thread, isnt that called Trolling in the internet world?
I would hope people avoid posts that attack, insult, flame, defame, or abuse others,and try to respect other members.

As I mentioned this Foro has an owner, and can do whatever he likes with it, including closing it down . We are guests, and creating extra hassle for him/them is not gonna help anyone.
Also the admins here as on all sites have the right to edit or delete posts without prior notice that go against any rules or usage, speaking of which I do not know if there are any rules that have been put down for the usage of this site , if there are, then we follow them if there arent, then maybe there should be some and it would help clear things up from time to time if needed.

An overly pious attitude I think. Although we are guests we have rights and the users of the forum are what makes the forum. I don't see why we should be tiptoeing around trying to avoid upsetting those with thin skins. For example, if we see a 4th rate flamenco player setting himself up as a guru we have every right to have a go at him - respecting certain limits of decency of course. It seems these days that everyone's opinion is equally valid no matter how crazy.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 14:12:03
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2 3 4 5    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post