Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: The internet is in danger!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

KMMI77

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to Arash

quote:

somehow i like this guy

Me too He certainly is entertaining

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 21 2012 10:23:19

mezzo

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

He must be having some excellent connection

yeah I have no doubt about that. If he really washing money like the fbi says then he must have corrupt alot of influent people.

Look at his mansion. This guy is a megalomaniac. He wanna be a Godfather but he just not act with the discretion this status require...

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 21 2012 10:37:17

Elie

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to rombsix

quote:

Ruben rules! (he's actually blocked me on FB for some reason, but I still like him)

lol c'mon are you serious hahahahah you know I can't imagine him banning you but I could easily imagine you banning him Lulz
anyway can we know those reasons ... they should be funny

quote:

But one could find it anyway. Try it with : flamencoasecas

flamencoasecas has his PDFs uploaded to megaupload, and megaupload is gone

anyway it seems that :
SOPA Stopped: 'Bill delay major victory for Internet freedom'

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 21 2012 12:40:26

XXX

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to BarkellWH

quote:

ORIGINAL: BarkellWH

quote:

Even Europe, which is oh so famous for economic cooperation and piece, is falling apart just because this very fact that every nation only cares for itself.

Wrong, Deniz! Europe is falling apart (at least the southern tier: Greece, Italy, Spain, and to an extent Portugal), not because "every nation only cares for itself." Rather, Europe (the southern tier) is falling apart because it promised its public too much in terms of social welfare, and it borrowed far more on the international market than it could pay for in order to finance this bloated social welfare policy. Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain, and Portuigal) is now paying the price of unsustainable public spending and borrowing.

You cant say Europe and then only concentrate on the "southern tier". I am talking about how Europe (not just southern) as a mutual governance fails in the media on a DAILY BASIS. You are a conservative and therefore want to point out that they lived beyond their means. This is very detached from reality and im not interested in fulfilling political doctrines on the cost of truth. The truth is the southern countries simply fell back in terms of competition compared to Germany and maybe France too. If cutting social welfare would lead to having more competition, we would live in a world with 0 social welfare because every nation has the aim to be the most competitive. By the way, especially the southern states, it is more the family who cares for the social support and less the state. Like kids caring about parents/grandparents, things like that. In northern countries, it is more common to get support from the state as an individual person. It is also a cultural difference.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 21 2012 15:24:38

rombsix

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to Elie

quote:

lol c'mon are you serious hahahahah you know I can't imagine him banning you but I could easily imagine you banning him Lulz
anyway can we know those reasons ... they should be funny

I really have no clue. I think we used to be friends on there for a bit, but the other day Kudo was asking me about a post by Ruben, and I couldn't see it. I couldn't even access his profile after Kudo sent me a direct link to it. So he's blocked me, but I don't know why.

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 21 2012 15:53:31

BarkellWH

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to XXX

quote:

The truth is the southern countries simply fell back in terms of competition compared to Germany and maybe France too. If cutting social welfare would lead to having more competition, we would live in a world with 0 social welfare because every nation has the aim to be the most competitive. By the way, especially the southern states, it is more the family who cares for the social support and less the state. Like kids caring about parents/grandparents, things like that. In northern countries, it is more common to get support from the state as an individual person. It is also a cultural difference.

I agree that the southern tier countries have been less competitive in the marketplace than the northern countries. Certain social policies have countributed to the southern tier's lack of competitiveness though, among them an inflexible labor market. But the main problem with their social welfare policies is they were too generous and cost much more than the countries could afford to finance from their own GDP, particularly in Greece, where the current ratio of debt to GDP is 150 percent! Since they were unable to pay for those social welfare policies and were unwilling to cut back on them, they had no choice but to borrow funding to finance them. They borrowed far more than was prudent, and now they are paying the price in economic hardship and financial austerity.

Frankly, I don't see how Greece, in particular, can survive in the Eurozone. It might be better for Greece to go back to the drachma, which at least would allow it to set its own interest rates and devalue its currency, thereby increasing exports. But even then, Greece would have to cut back its social welfare programs in order to keep its budget under control, in my opinion.

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 21 2012 16:13:22

mezzo

RE: The internet is in danger! (in reply to BarkellWH

quote:

It's not that I don't "like" Wikipedia, Mezzo; its just that I find it a poor resource for serious research because it is often wrong or misleading.

Ok sorry for that simplification.

I saw this 1st part documentary from BBC. There were 4 episodes. (if you have a few hours to spend)

like this sentence from this docu : "...you don't need to be anybody to become a somebody". Talkin about egalitarism

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 23 2012 17:09:03
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post