Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Do they ship guitars too?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

Do they ship guitars too? 

>FedEx has vowed to track down the worker, who can be seen strolling casually up to the railings before his less-than-special delivery of the Samsung branded box.

A spokeswoman from the firm would not say what action would be taken against the employee once they find him, but warned: "This won't be his best day."

The YouTube user who uploaded the clip, gooble55, wrote in the description of the video: "The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate.

"Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken."<

cheers,

Ron

A good guitar might be a good guitar
But it takes a woman to break your heart
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2011 12:02:37

odinz

RE: Do they ship guitars too? (in reply to Ron.M

Is this for real?

That there could be considered an offense right? Of property or something? As well as doing things against his company guidelines.

Sad that people can do things like that.. wonder what sort of punishment he will be recieving though!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2011 13:01:27

Pgh_flamenco

They figured out who the worker was. He isn't allowed to deliver packages atm. If they plan on firing him it will have to be after the holiday season to avoid a lawsuit. IIRC a vice president of Fedex apologized for the incident. The video was posted AFTER the customer tried to resolve the issue quietly with Fedex. Maybe they should have taken his complaint seriously when he initially contacted him.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2011 16:58:21

Richard Jernigan

RE: Do they ship guitars too? (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

My Romanillos classical was shipped to my remote residence in the Marshall Islands in the Central Pacific via FedEx. I hasten to say that their handling of it ended at Guam, where they handed it over to Continental Air Micronesia.

I flew down to the other end of the atoll to receive the guitar from the FedEx agent, who was the local customs agent, and to see it loaded onto the small commuter plane for the flight back home. The waybill on the box listed the insured value, so it had excited some talk in the small island community.

The commuter plane was loaded from a box on a fork lift. The baggage handler had set the forklift a bit low. Instead of dismounting from the forklift box and raising the forklift, he looked around for something to stand on. The guitar box was just right. Although it had at least a half dozen large red "FRAGILE" stickers all over it, he laid the box flat, stood on it and resumed work.

I was well acquainted with the Marshallese chief freight agent, who was standing next to me in the terminal watching the loading. I turned to him and said his name, "Rikin..."

He nodded, strolled leisurely out to the plane in the light drizzle, spoke calmly and politely to the baggage handler, and raised the forklift for him. Fortunately the Romanillos was well packed and in a good case.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2011 17:46:19

Ruphus

Private shippers have completely mutated from their early times when they outright begged for orders, delivering lightening fast and in style.

Since the time when they had market shares claimed, everything changed drastically.

They deliver a considerable share of freight damaged, customary elude compensation and after an intermezzo of reasonable fees have rocketed prices sky high.

A guitar for me was shipped with USPS and arrived perfectly safe in Germany, despite of diverse transfer points.

It wouldn´t surprise me if official post offices in the meantime were much more reliable than the extremely spoiled and price rigging private shippers. ( Though some, like the German post office have quite dropped former standards too, since the time when the GPO was partially privatized. - Which is just what you have to expect with privatization / throwaway for nada and have customers squeeze out following on top, right afterwards.)

Ruphus

PS:
There was a testing recently.
I think it was 6 of 10 shippings that were not delivered, eventhough recepient being at home.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 22 2011 22:44:13

estebanana

quote:

I was well acquainted with the Marshallese chief freight agent, who was standing next to me in the terminal watching the loading. I turned to him and said his name, "Rikin..."

He nodded, strolled leisurely out to the plane in the light drizzle, spoke calmly and politely to the baggage handler, and raised the forklift for him. Fortunately the Romanillos was well packed and in a good case.

I can picture this, crushed coral runway and all.....in view of an Air Mic 727 parked on runway with it ass door hanging open.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2011 0:40:38
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote