Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: My baby left me   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

odinz

RE: My baby left me (in reply to Ron.M

Hey Ron, sorry about this... I havent gotten to know everyone here very well, you included, But ive been inspired by all of you, and there seem to be some strong bonds going on here too. Stay with your brothers, go and see what you need to see, seek life to the fullest possible, and experience the magical world that we live in.. It can be a sad and painfull place but that is also part of the beauty in it, the strong contrasts.

The memories you talk about will still exist, and they should not be forgotten ever, but there is also room for new memories as well, dont let sadness drown and devour you.

I want the best for you my friend, take some rest and decide what you need in your life, what is good for you..

stay strong Ron!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 19 2011 17:24:38

cathulu

RE: My baby left me (in reply to odinz

S*** Ron that sucks. Very very very sorry to hear. My mom was lost to cancer, and my dad persevered. I can say that it will get better for you in time. Just hang in there and don't do anything silly or rash. Go visit some family if you can and get out of the house. Sounds lame I know, I just don't know what else to say. But keep talking to us, get it out and stick around here.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2011 3:51:43

Ricardo

quote:

I cant live without her
I just want to curl up and die...

Remember when I thought you were Sean Connery in disguise?
From Highlander, Ramirez said "You can't die Mcloud....You're Immortal!!"

quote:

Maybe pain is the way to get substance into your work.
I love you man...do you remeber the dream I had of being in DC with you?

Well come visit me man, stay with me. Hang with me for a month or so and you will forget all your troubles I promise!

I had some rough tragedies in the past...through it all I still have my guitar, that was my therapy. girls, lost family and loved ones, friend betrayals,....girls....,utter lonliness.... I always looked inward and used my guitar to get it all out. And it has rewarded me and carried me literally to far away places and amazing experiences.

Hang in there!

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 20 2011 17:28:14

mark indigo

quote:

I know I'm going to vomit my guts up tomorrow.
Too much drink.
Will life ever be the same?

you are hurting too much already, try not to hurt yourself more (making yourself ill)

will life ever be the same? no, it will be different, and the rock bottom you are in right now will also change eventually and be different again

now is the time to find out who your friends are, they will carry you through

i'm not here much these days, but keep posting, you have a lot of friends here

and like everyone else has said already, hang in there Ron!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 21 2011 9:43:20

El Kiko

It's been a short while now Ron .. How are things looking today ?
Anything different,? are you talking to friends and family? Everyday you will see things in a different light, sometimes better sometimes not, good days and bad , the first while may be more bad than good ..
you can scribble in here for us if you want, just to get things out of your system ,,, ..
Pity that most of us are far far away , but maybe that can help to be a non-influential listener .
Remember if we didn't care we wouldnt be here writing messages of support , it means something however little ..

Stay in touch here Ron ,

Dont the scots say somthin like .'.Lang may yer lum reek'!

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 21 2011 10:14:31

gj Michelob

quote:

My heart is breaking.
I waited so long to find her
I cant live without her
She was the love of my life.
She's now with somebody else.
What am I to do now?
I just want to curl up and die...so many memories with her.

My dear Ron, I inadvertently clicked on foroflamenco... and find this…

I know how much this foro means to you, and it is wonderful how everyone has pledged their friendship to you. It is heartbreaking to read this side of our quick-witted, sarcastic, humorous, ever so confident Ron.

If I can offer one advice, and a cynic one, we at times forget that people –as much as we love them- are only accessories in our journey. This is your journey. Whether it is God, destiny, nature or force of gravity, we “are not”, we “become”.

Changing skin can be excruciatingly painful; do not get tangled up in its strangling knots, pull out, pull through… through pain life distributes unpredictable wonders.

Pearls, after all, the most beautiful amongst the miracles of creation, are but layers and layers and layers of painful reactions… find your pearl, Ron, within you. And from the wreckage of this sinking love, a treasure will wash ashore to your feet.

My prayers, thoughts and love are with you.

Always,
gj

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 21 2011 16:59:56

Chilli Fingers

RE: My baby left me (in reply to gj Michelob

quote:

we at times forget that people –as much as we love them- are only accessories in our journey. This is your journey. Whether it is God, destiny, nature or force of gravity, we “are not”, we “become”.

Changing skin can be excruciatingly painful; do not get tangled up in its strangling knots, pull out, pull through… through pain life distributes unpredictable wonders.

Pearls, after all, the most beautiful amongst the miracles of creation, are but layers and layers and layers of painful reactions… find your pearl, Ron, within you. And from the wreckage of this sinking love, a treasure will wash ashore to your feet.

Beautiful. Eloquently written and thought provoking, almost like poetry to read. This is great 'advice/help' not just for Ron, but everyone
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 22 2011 3:44:43

jg7238

RE: My baby left me (in reply to Chilli Fingers

Ron, I'm really sorry to hear the terrible news. Hang in there and stay away from alcohol. I wish you all the best.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 22 2011 5:25:47

Grisha

Ron, I am so sorry to hear that. Please be strong. I know you can.

It must be very painful for you now, there is nothing you can do about that. You have to go through this before it gets better. But eventually it will ease up on you little by little. It is true that time heals.

Take a step back and think about it: you are not the first and not the last person on earth with the same situation or worse. People go through it all and figure out a way to get the joy of life back. It takes time, but will happen if you stay strong and keep your mind clear.

Just remember: you always have friends here on the foro. Everybody feels for you, including me.

Be strong, Ron. You are not alone.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 25 2011 5:27:39
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote