Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Cordoba 7F   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

gounaro

Cordoba 7F 

What do you think about this chinese one for a second cheap - all around - guitar?

http://mundo-flamenco.com/en/gitarren-neu/286--450-cordoba-7f

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2011 22:15:14

GuitarVlog

RE: Cordoba 7F (in reply to gounaro

I examined one of these in February of 2010. This was just after Cordoba had gotten them into the US market.

http://theguitarjournal.blogspot.com/2010/02/review-of-cordoba-f7.html

Tone-wise, the F7 was better than the old Yamaha CG171SF. Build-wise, the old Yamaha was the better guitar. The F7 costs $500 and the CG171SF sold for about $300. I got mine for $275.

The friend I mentioned in my post chose not to stick with flamenco. I think he wound-up returning or selling his F7.

Note that my blog entry is more than a year old now. They may have made some improvements in quality control since then. Prominent Critic is a dealer so he might be able to shed some light on this.

EDIT:
BTW, I haven't updated my blog in a long time. It finally dawned on me that I was losing a good amount of practice time by blogging.

Upgraded Yamaha CG171SF
The Guitar Student Journal
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 17 2011 1:40:16

Ramon Amira

The Cordoba F7 is okay as a second guitar for knocking around. I have found the treble to be good, but the bass to be weak. It does have a good general flamenco look, feel, and sound. The overall finish has been improved, and looks fine to me.

I recently had a second chance to play the new Yamaha 172SF, which replaced the 171SF. Both are good, and I like the 172 a little better. Genuine flamenco sound. But the 172, like the 171 before it, is exactly the opposite of the Cordoba F7 – it has a great bass (for its category), but weak treble.

So all things being equal, it might depend on your preferences. In general, you would probably be better off with the Yamaha, and it costs around $200 less.

I do have one suggestion just to consider, which I have had a couple of my students do. For less than the cost of the Yamaha, you can get a Cordoba C5, which is a classical guitar, and put on static cling golpeadores (Oasis Armor – Strings by Mail) for six dollars, and use it as a negra. You don't even have to lower the action, though you can easily do that as well.

I feel that the Cordoba C5 is the best guitar on the market in its price range – about $300, or slightly less. It looks good, handles easily, has great bass and very good treble, and is just overall enjoyable to play - again, all this is considering its category, as a second all around guitar. You can usually find one to test out in a Guitar Center or Sam Ash.

Ramon

Classical and flamenco guitars from Spain Ramon Amira Guitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 17 2011 13:44:10

gounaro

RE: Cordoba 7F (in reply to Ramon Amira

Thanks for the tips Ramon...

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 17 2011 13:51:03

etta

I would try the Yamaha. I have the old model 171; it has great bass and with Savarez Alliance HT trebles, very clear and bright. It plays like a dream. It is my sit in front of the computer guitar. It is really a nicely made, good sounding guitar. Jack
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 17 2011 17:37:49

dformell

I've played every guitar mentioned in this post and have owned most of them. Two alternatives that, IMO, are better are: Casa Montalvo student flamenco - you can find a used one in the $400.00 - $500.00 range, The rumor is Arturo Huipe makes them; Kremona Rosa Morena, list price is $495.00, I bought mine for $400.00 at the guitar center. Though the Rosa Morena has laminated b/s it's sound and volume is comparable to the all-solid-wood Casa Montalvo. Gounaro, since you are located in Greece the Kremona might be a better option as the Euro is strong against the Bulgarian Lev and, of course, Bulgaria is much closer to Greece than Mexico.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 7 2011 23:25:22

turnermoran

RE: Cordoba 7F (in reply to Ramon Amira

What do you guys think of the Cordoba GK Studio Negra?

I am looking for a stage guitar with a good pickup. It doesn't need to sound acoustically incredible, but I don't want a dog either. And in the past, I bought better guitars and then installed a pickup. But from that perspective, I found that the guitar didn't sound as good acoustically, and of what acoustic qualities were left, I was disappointed in my inability to get those good sounds to come out of the amplifier or PA.

So this time I'm thinking that rather than devalue/deface an otherwise good acoustic by drilling it, I'll get something like the GK Negra, so if nothing else, there's no "pre and post" pickup awareness.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2012 19:58:25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post