Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

elgreco

Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 

2000 Conde Hermanos, Atocha shop, formerly the concert guitar of Mariano Cordoba, hand picked by him from this shop -
his favorite of the Conde shops. He played it for about 6 years then sold it to Don Soledad, long time foro member,
who played it for a few years and sold it to Harry Lynch who sold it to me. You can see him playing it here:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ALSv2vESOCw

Don informed me that this period was especially good for guitars from the Atocha shop. When he was in Spain, he played the guitar of
Gerardo Nunez's sideman, which is an Atocha Conde from this same period.
It was fantastic, and that's what encouraged him to buy this one. Supposedly Gerardo is now playing an Atocha Conde as well.

Selling it because I want to buy a more expensive guitar.

Specs are 660/52, very low action, less than 3mm on both sides, plays very fast. If I were keeping it, I would raise the action a little.

Comes with a custom fit Ameritage case ordered by Mariano Cordoba. A great instrument for the pro or the dedicated amateur.

Price is a very reasonable $4500 and I am open to a trade.

The guitar is very well made, and lighter in weight than most other modern Condes I've played, which is good.
Fretboard, frets and neck angle are perfect -
Don Soledad had German Rubio dress and level the frets before I bought it, so the
neck is in really good shape and playability is excellent.
There are the normal fingernail marks, as you would expect, but nothing that goes through the finish, and no cracks.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Captain Esteban: Caballeros! I believe you all know each other?
Don Diego from San Fernando.
Don Francisco from San Jose.
Don Fernando from San Diego.
Don Jose from San Bernardino.
Luis Obispo from Bakersfield.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 1:16:17

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to elgreco

One more pic.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 1:17:27

elgreco

and another one.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 1:18:29

[Deleted] (in reply to elgreco

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 3:20:30

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to Guest

Nice try. :)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 4:14:17

doublek

Wonderful guitars elgreco i own one from Atocha shop , it is amazing guitar every time i play and every year pass with this guitar i feel more happy and satisfied and even when i compare it other friends guitars its very unique in sound and playability and even when i compare it with some flipe guitars some times its the same some times its better .. Good Luck in selling it .. someone is lucky and the price is very good.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 17:24:55

gounaro

Nice guitar. I wish i had the money...

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2011 21:02:32

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to doublek

Hi Doublek,

Thanx for the guitar compliments. The post above is the original description by Harry when he posted it at the foro. I copied and pasted it. Personally, I think that this is a great media luna. Very balanced and superstrong in the midrange. Great for recording and accompanying cante. Some people may have an issue with the lacquer but on the other hand you can bang on this guitar without fear of cracking or scratching it. French polish is great for classicals but flamenco is more dangerous to the guitar and specially for this one that has an even thinner top than most Condes. Plus it's orange. :) It is a 660 (but with the "good old" Conde top bracing) and people with short fingers might find it harder to play. 655s are more playable to me personally. It has opened up a lot since I got it. I have to say that in many flamenco gatherings, people love grabbing my guitar and playing it instead of theirs. I won't mention what kind of guitars they own so I don't offend the luthiers. But there is always a better guitar out there. I won't be disappointed if I don't sell it. But if I do, I will try to buy one of the guitars that I am currently fancying.

Dino

quote:

ORIGINAL: doublek

Wonderful guitars elgreco i own one from Atocha shop , it is amazing guitar every time i play and every year pass with this guitar i feel more happy and satisfied and even when i compare it other friends guitars its very unique in sound and playability and even when i compare it with some flipe guitars some times its the same some times its better .. Good Luck in selling it .. someone is lucky and the price is very good.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 6 2011 6:50:21

avimuno

Selling it already Dino?!?!

I took mine with me to Spain a few weeks ago. I wanted to sell it too. I spent 2 months trying guitars in Seville and Madrid (including Felipe Conde) and the only thing I found that was better than to that one was a Felipe Conde negra (KILLER!!! But at € 15,000, so was the price)... As a result, I still have mine, with no intention to sell anytime soon.

Atocha Condes from that period are indeed excellent... Jose Manuel Leon plays one and gerardo Nunez alternates between his Conde Atocha and his Marvis.

Good luck with the sale... the buyer will indeed be very lucky... it's hard to find good Condes these days... the price is also very good!

Avi
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 6 2011 12:05:35

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to avimuno

I used to believe that I should get one good guitar and stick with it for the rest of my life. But I am finding out it that every guitar is special in its own way and it is a lot more fun to just switch guitars all the time. If you could trust people not to nick your guitar it would be great if foroflamenco could start a guitar exchange club. The price is indeed very good. Some people believe that the quality of Conde guitars went down after 2001 and guitars such as this have a collection value now that there is no Conde Hermanos workshop anymore. ;-)

quote:

ORIGINAL: avimuno

Selling it already Dino?!?!

I took mine with me to Spain a few weeks ago. I wanted to sell it too. I spent 2 months trying guitars in Seville and Madrid (including Felipe Conde) and the only thing I found that was better than to that one was a Felipe Conde negra (KILLER!!! But at € 15,000, so was the price)... As a result, I still have mine, with no intention to sell anytime soon.

Atocha Condes from that period are indeed excellent... Jose Manuel Leon plays one and gerardo Nunez alternates between his Conde Atocha and his Marvis.

Good luck with the sale... the buyer will indeed be very lucky... it's hard to find good Condes these days... the price is also very good!

Avi

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2011 15:59:36

orsonw

quote:

Some people believe that the quality of Conde guitars went down after 2001 and guitars such as this have a collection value now that there is no Conde Hermanos workshop anymore.

Was there ever a Conde workshop!?
I've played about 20 Condes, different periods and shops; in my experience each has to be judged on it's own merits, not on the address or date.
I played a couple of good media luna blancas at Atocha last year and for less money than this one (of course that only counts if you're in Spain/Europe and don't have to import, this is a reasonable price for a US buyer).
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2011 19:57:29

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to orsonw

Well ultimately the question is can you buy today a new Conde Hermanos guitar? The answer is no. I honestly cannot believe that Atocha guitars are cheaper than 4500$. Were they concert media lunas? I thought they went for 10K euros + VAT + your own country's customs + shipping etc.

D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: orsonw

Was there ever a Conde workshop!?
I've played about 20 Condes, different periods and shops; in my experience each has to be judged on it's own merits, not on the address or date.
I played a couple of good guitars at Atocha last year and for less money than this one (of course that only counts if you're in Spain/Europe and don't have to import, this is a reasonable price for a US buyer).

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2011 23:24:34

elgreco

I guess this is what you can get now.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2011 23:42:29

elgreco

Or this. Has anybody tried either? Are they really made in China?

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 7 2011 23:45:02

gemelo

quote:

I just went Madrid and visited Mariano’s shop. I tried some guitars, unfortunately they didn’t have any 1a available. I tried the 3as blanca an negra and they were good. Lots of volume, playability wasn’t great. I saw the workshop, equipment, materials, and a luthier working there. It seems that Mariano works with his son and two other luthiers. I was told that they make everything in there.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 5:52:29

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to gemelo

I wonder why Mariano is selling his guitars through a reseller in Italy. They frequently pop-up on ebay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: gemelo

quote:

I just went Madrid and visited Mariano’s shop. I tried some guitars, unfortunately they didn’t have any 1a available. I tried the 3as blanca an negra and they were good. Lots of volume, playability wasn’t great. I saw the workshop, equipment, materials, and a luthier working there. It seems that Mariano works with his son and two other luthiers. I was told that they make everything in there.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 6:12:54

orsonw

quote:

Well ultimately the question is can you buy today a new Conde Hermanos guitar? The answer is no. I honestly cannot believe that Atocha guitars are cheaper than 4500$. Were they concert media lunas? I thought they went for 10K euros + VAT + your own country's customs + shipping etc.

Yes, you can still buy a Conde Hermanos from the Atocha and Gravina shops. It's only the Felipe V shop that has changed. Yes, a new 1a media luna blanca from Atocha is slightly cheaper including tax but as I said only if you live in Europe and so don't pay import. Your guitar is a fair price for the US.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 9:00:39

avimuno

quote:

just went Madrid and visited Mariano’s shop. I tried some guitars, unfortunately they didn’t have any 1a available. I tried the 3as blanca an negra and they were good. Lots of volume, playability wasn’t great. I saw the workshop, equipment, materials, and a luthier working there. It seems that Mariano works with his son and two other luthiers. I was told that they make everything in there.

I visited Felipe's shop in Madrid a few weeks back... I also saw the workshop and materials. In fact he was in the process of glueing the necks of 6 flamenca negra and showed me how it was done. He's a very nice person.

I tried a few guitars... all primeras.... went from average (bearing in mind that they still had to open up) to amazing (one negra I tried was out of this world).
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 11:45:59

elgreco

Are you telling me they still making "Conde Hermanos" labels? That is bizarre. I cannot verify this because the Atocha website (hermanosconde.com) has been down for months. In Greece if you order anything from outside (including EU member countries) you will pay an extra 30% import tax. And of course we are talking about Euros which is currently trading 1.39$. The FC26s which are equivalent to mine are being sold for 8850 Euros =12300$ (http://www.condehermanos.com/en/catalogue/List/show/fc-26-200). How much cheaper are the Atochas?

quote:

ORIGINAL: orsonw

Yes, you can still buy a Conde Hermanos from the Atocha and Gravina shops. It's only the Felipe V shop that has changed. Yes, a new 1a media luna blanca from Atocha is slightly cheaper including tax but as I said only if you live in Europe and so don't pay import. Your guitar is a fair price for the US.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 17:58:21

malakka

quote:

I cannot verify this because the Atocha website (hermanosconde.com) has been down for months.

Atocha - http://www.conde-hermanos.com/index.asp

Gravina - http://www.hermanosconde.com/

Felipe Conde - http://www.condehermanos.com/en/

Mariano Conde - http://guitarreriademarianoconde.blogspot.com/

All the websites seem to be working. Are any Conde's made in China? It seems to be just speculation...

As to this Atocha Conde for sale - I have had the opportunity to play this guitar several times and it is an excellent Conde - if I only had the money...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:20:44

orsonw

quote:

How much cheaper are the Atochas?

Write and ask but as I keep saying, when I was last at the shop, they were slightly less than what you are asking for yours.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:27:22

elgreco

RE: Conde Hermanos Primera Blanca 2000 (in reply to malakka

quote:

ORIGINAL: malakka

Gravina - http://www.hermanosconde.com/

All the websites seem to be working.

Not working for me. I get:
Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.hermanosconde.com
Try reloading: www.­hermanosconde.­com

both from home and from work.

Too bad Atocha does not list prices. I am wondering how much Model 1s are going for.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:28:15

elgreco

quote:

Write and ask but as I keep saying, when I was last at the shop, they were slightly less than what you are asking for yours.

Well, before you jeopardize a sale and potentially hurt somebody financially you better come up with some concrete numbers, right?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:30:14

malakka

Works fine in Firefox. www.hermanosconde.com is for the Gravina shop

Dump the bad Google product is my suggestion.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:31:33

elgreco

quote:

ORIGINAL: malakka

Works fine in Firefox. www.hermanosconde.com is for the Gravina shop

Dump the bad Google product is my suggestion.

Uber-bizarre. This is what I get from firefox:
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.hermanosconde.com.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:32:51

malakka

All the Conde websites work for me through Google Chrome as well. Have you tried MS Internet Explorer yet? Safari?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 21:40:46

orsonw

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Sep. 8 2011 22:10:16
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 22:03:08

malakka

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Sep. 8 2011 22:28:19
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 22:14:25

orsonw

I don't wish to get off the topic which is that Elgreco is offering a good guitar, in good condition (from my personal favorite shop) and at a good price.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 22:22:38

malakka

quote:

It was for the top model media luna blanca. We should start another thread.

I don't wish to get off the topic which is that Elgreco is offering a good guitar, in good condition (from my personal favorite shop) and at a good price.

YES!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 8 2011 22:27:58
Page:   [1] 2 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote