Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Corruption,Crisis,Riots: Is there radical evil,and could it be feeding from one main root?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ruphus

Corruption,Crisis,Riots: Is there ra... 

I have been reading with pleasure of you fellows opinions on the global situation and ethics.
Only that unfortunately I suppose the depth of thought on this foro to be beyond average. IOW, so much left to be caught up yet for common sense.

And also here you´ll see conventional interpretation like this:
quote:

The only reason areas of the US haven’t fallen into civil war for the past 50 years is the massive monthly redistribution of wealth to the poor. There are a lot of ineffective people who aren’t capable of providing for themselves. They want more than their labor could ever provide and don’t attempt to understand their part in their lack of success. It’s unfortunate but all of these unproductive people are bankrupting the system along with the politicians who use taxpayer’s money to buy their votes and ensure their own financial well being with costly salaries and retirement packages. This wasn’t an issue in decades past when governments appeared to have surplus money, but it has become more untenable as sovereign debt continues to mount. The system is destroying itself and has been for generations. ]

Here is what I think to see:

All of the irresponsible, shortsighted and reckless phenomenons are being consequential to one single main causa, which again is breeding all that is inhumane including down to unsocial culture and psychological disorder.

That single main causa is appropriated labour surplus value.
Appropriated labour surplus value is where the economical evil and its offshoots in societal and mental realm wind up from.
Appropriated labour surplus value is the intial means to exploitation of fellow men and to the ever accelerating subsequent means of further manipulation and appropriation in favour of an steadily more outragous caste of privilegeds and their entourage and forecourt.

Yet, while being the most weighty and basal of detrimental phenomenons, it in the same time is the most tabooed and invisible-made phenomenon in our world.
Instead of producer´s right on inalienable labour value being recorded as first human right, and contained in every constitution as untouchable title, labour surplus value appropriation is a factuous phantom, a paria of term that has skillfully and keenly been put out of terminological and objective existance accross the globe.

So far even, that if you try making it visible to your average contemporary ... If you manage to overcome the intial cluelessness on the case, yet, there will remain unbelief about the magnitude of this very economical factor.

People have for much too long accustomed to accepting the economical equatation presented with this factor completely withheld.

Just as you can see in the above quote, they believe in labour providing just what is being presented in usual salaries.
Just as they commonly believe in CEO´s claims according to which profits were only soso, hence companies due to lowering wages / firing imployees etc.
-

From there I have always been dreaming of examples of fair ventures that could ignite an awakening of common sense like an intellectual forest fire.
Only that I must have been underestimating the art of hush up of the international concertated media and press.

For, as of late ( and very thanks to Michael Moore´s "capitalism: A love story") I was flabbergasted to realize that such fair undertakings ( without labour surplus value appropriation!) do exist.

And that out of all in the United States, the usual stronghold of economical and social rip off since WWII! ( Which very happily, partially restaurated its otherwise cynical image as "Land of the opportunities" to me.)

So, please friends take notice of a company indicatively named "Isthmus" ( http://www.isthmuseng.com/), and point it out to your surrounding for the notion of existing examples to be spread; and to be done what the international media not coincidentally have been ignoring during all the debates on eventually fair, reasonable and self-evident economical options.

We are talking about a very succesfuil company that is among the leading ones with industrial robot production.
A worker-owned company with flat hierarchy, even salary distribution, democratic deciding and a staff confident from top to bottom.

Have you ever heard of humble conveyor belt workers with a yearly income of 65 000 USD?
There it is: The allegedly impossible. The oh so definite illusion. Well and alive before your eyes.

Could you imagine upper management of a considerably sized firm with "just" very decent income, yet happy as it gets with their working place?

You have seen those usual crew photos with that false smile on strained faces?

Now, for a change take your time to have an in-depth look at this personel photo:

Isthmus has been brought to life by an exemplary venture supporting group named ICA ( http://ica-group.org/1st%20Row/gen_jobs.html).
ICA has accomplished several such projects, as you can read on their site.

Rarely, if ever have I been so elated of taking notice from philanthrops´ undertaking.

These, together with further outstanding minds like Götz Werner, or the former owner of "Saturn" electronics shop chain, or Calvin Klein and others; individuals and groups reminding us of the intelligent and humane quality possible with us; show us what instead of symptomatic plaster actually can be done as alternative to rapture- and brainless economics of capitalism.

Don´t let Big Brother, concertated skimmers and their refined means tell you otherwise over daily media and blinkers pseudo discussions.
The destructive treadmill and pathological greed reigning over us are not at all inevitable by any congruent margin.

Right now there is more than enough of ressource out there to keep everyone, including fellow creatures, alive and happy.
Let alone under a self-evident, absolutely doable community-related, reasonable economy and education ( Wich again would result into decline of the overpopulation ).

None of the hardships and cultural degression are inevitable.
They are just product of what a vicar and bishop in Moore´s film very justifiedly so called "radical evil".
Because that is what it soberly is.

Ruphus

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 10 2011 14:12:24

Pgh_flamenco

RE: Corruption,Crisis,Riots: Is ther... (in reply to Ruphus

Ruphus, why didn't you keep your comments in the same thread--lol? Although there may be enough for everyone it would make sense for the people who benefit from the efforts of others (while contributing little to the common good) to make use of what they receive for nothing instead of squandering and destroying it. Evil in the context of this conversation consists of the cumulative effects of the actions of many indidvduals taken collectively. All of these "downtrodden" people have made their contributions to this phenomenon again and again--and the current riots are only a gross manifestation of this.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 10 2011 15:03:08

Ruphus

Hello Pgh_flamenco,

Is that question attempted to be a demonstration of how immunity against contents works?

As explained above, the thread you relate to deals with one of the manifold offshoots, while the master issue labour surplus value appropriation deserves its own dedicated focus.
The more as it is entirely withdrawn from common awareness, like your reply shows one other time.

The pecuniary efforts taken for welfare and social care, besides are neglectable.
Other than displayed in official statistics they equal a minuscule fraction of the value embezzled from the working people.

You are consistantly ignoring given proportions.
Relations like 1% of American people owning more than 95% of the population does, apparently can´t make you rethink.

Your approach is ordinary; taking advantage of being situated on the bright sight of the fence and forming your opinion from there.

It could be doing you good empathically to fall out of luck and find yourself unemployed yet after hundreds of applications. Like one of the diverse examples in the German press, Dr. Uwe Müller, once senior of 200 colleagues and living in affluence.
Now sitting in the tiny apartment of a mercyfull friend and having his old working-class father paying off his debts.

Losing your home due to the radical practice that you prefer to ignore ...
That would be the point in time when I´d like to see you brush away pathological greed of the prime caste and what it does to people and environment.

Opinion individually dependend on personal situation ain´t really how a thinking individual concludes.
A planet and a belly button don´t have much more in common than being round.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 11 2011 11:13:57

Pgh_flamenco

All I'm saying is that people need to live within their means. A lot of the poor spend more money than I do and live a better lifestyle on the money they receive from the taxpayers. I see people at a local bar that I know are on public assistance and they are wearing nicer clothing than me and buying rounds of drinks to impress people while I'm on an austerity program so that I can afford to pay the taxes that make this possible.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 11 2011 14:15:52

Ruphus

Thank you for clarifying!

I understand what you mean.
But is that really representative for the average unemployed and welfare receiver?

In Germany we used to have nasty campaigns that were painting that picture of the outragously crazy and welfare cheating, until people started believing such conditions to be standard.

It was doing unjust to the vast majority of misfortunate however.

Such campaigns only serve to agitate the pedestrians against each other and keep them from focussing on where the actual drain off is happening.

Next, spending more than owned is no behaviour limited to the poor ( who often times have not much of a choice, seeing their budgets ), but common throughout society.
In Germany the average person leaves behind 20 000 Euros debts when passing away.

This is not to deny certain facts which some of you have mentioned, like children raising children, and individuals growing up without motivation, brought-to-life talent and passion, but these remain peripherals of a greater picture and its core issue.

Ruphus

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 11 2011 16:16:32

Ruphus

Imagine the unthought / unexpected to just possibly be true.

Imagine a conjured-away phenomenon was to actually be the spider and mother core in the global net of inhumanity, irrationality, injust and destruction.

And possibly hardly anyone in a associative position anymore to fathom it, even when presented exceptional practical example of the antagone and reasonable.
So much distracted, led astray and employed with a plethora of secondary tentacles of the medusa that there be no stringency left over for sensing a root.

Looking at the anemic reaction to this thread, I fear it might reflect a common sensing capacity for a tabooed rudiment of the desasters.
-

Very likely a dedicated documentary could help unveil the phantom spider. Produced by the assistance of genuine scientists of economy, history, anthropology, psychology and behavoiral science.
But just covering the spiders basic outriggeres alone would make the documentary a serial, while hardly any station letting it pass for broadcast.
So far, I suppose, an illusionary project.

For a first realizing impulse a more small-scale and striking make should be rather realistic.
Which is why I suggested a documentary on Isthmus to a caring TV-journalist who has produced a great number of thoughtful and educating works.
( One of them correcting the banal and discrimination stereotype on unemployed and depends of wellfare. Which for an exception to the common attitude received great attention and was suggested for a highly acknowledged prize.)
Hoping her to imagine the societal impact of an Isthmus / ICA report which without extensive exposition will dismantel the established fein according to which economical pedestrians had no alternative to the common drain-off playpen and exessive exploitation.

Not knowing if she´d be ready to alter her cramped production schedule, but hoping to possibly have inspired her for a future works.
Eventually rooting for an understanding of labour surplus value misappropriation, its dimensions and follow-up maze of destruction.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2011 14:43:10

Estevan

quote:

Appropriated labour surplus value is the intial means to exploitation of fellow men and to the ever accelerating subsequent means of further manipulation and appropriation in favour of an steadily more outragous caste of privilegeds and their entourage and forecourt.

Rupert Murdoch receives $12.5m bonus

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2011 20:06:27

Ruphus

Thank you for the link!

Apart of media moguls like Mr. Murdoch making no secret of their political aims anyway; their policies certainly are bound to their pecuniary success.
Comply, assist & distort and earn.

The German info magazine "Der Spiegel" and its reversed development appears like quite an example of how things work these days.
The Spiegel, once maybe the most pragmatical and before all most investigative editorial in the world has evolved into an obedient servant of establishment, and with that certainly encreased its return substantially.

Formerly releasing facts that it had researched and collected, these days it passes on what industrials and officials want to see.
Obviously the deal is like "Spare us investigation by exclusively handing out some minor insider bits from time to time, and we will refrain from displaying unwanted coherences and connections".

This after all must be the background for todays abscence of incorruptible and congruent staff there, with replacement of the former investigators through vastly clueless and all conservative Pisa graduates.
The more teethless the editorial, the more flawless will the medial cash box run.

And founder Rudopl Augstein´s heir has been devalued and disparaged to unrecognition.
-

Meanwhile the above mentioned documentary maker sent me a short note, intending to come back to me later on.
What she indicated already however is that she thinks that some though really thrilling objects wouldn´t be suiting visual media like TV.
Saying that a topic dealing with the sense of labour would rather be fitting a talk-show than a documentary.

I can´t make sense of it so far, and am curious to see what she might be about later.

Such a docu not suited for visual presentation?

Filming and interviewing factory staff and their emotional life. People who get up light-hearted in the morning to join a crew without envy and mobbing; to work on quality and quantity and see accordingly improved output ( Isthmus must be among the leading of its industry for a reason ) directly on one´s own bank account; working without external pressure and fear and being fully integrated / eligible to making company decisions ...

Filming individuals from positions down at the conveyor belt up to the CEO office relaxed, confident, matey and financially well situated ...
- Would not yield catchy, emotional images!?
Not appealing to a TV audience; more even out of all these days of glooming recession?

Maybe someone else might imagine what she could be meaning; to me it remains paradox so far.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 3 2011 13:02:40
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote