Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Escribano

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to Anders Eliasson

Anders, I am shocked and saddened at your news. If there is anything I can help with, you know where I am. You're a good friend and a good man. My thoughts are with you and Sole. I remember when you first met. Those times are some of my life's very good memories.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 11 2011 12:31:18

Anders Eliasson

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to Escribano

Thanks all of you. You´re all very kind and its very appreciated. life continues. Life is good. There´s absolutely nothing else that I can do exept continue with my own life and take my time and be with Sole.
Tomorrow, we are going to order the electric wheelchair.... We´ll have to try to make it something not to negative. These moments are difficult. They are like something that freezes life... Now you are sitting in a wheelchair.... You cant talk. You cant walk.... Who wants that? BUT.... As I wrote before. I´m a lot better now than I were 6 - 12 month ago. It sounds strange, I know. But you get used to most things, even sorrow. And you start living your personal life again. And you know that there´s always light at the end of the tunnel. Even though you cant see it.
Out best helper is Nimbus, my west highland white terrier. He´s always happy and cheerfull. He doesnt care... Thats good.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 11 2011 18:02:34

Pgh_flamenco

Sorry to hear of this, Anders. My best wishes for both of you during these difficult times.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 0:22:11

Harry

Anders,

my thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

"I'm just a poor crazy man in love with his art." Santos Hernandez
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 0:31:06

estebanana

Anders,
I began this topic because I was missing your input on the luthery section. I thought you were just too busy to respond. Since I read this reason for your absence I've been riding my bike around back and forth to my shop and thinking about you. I'm very sorry for this to happen in your life. I hope you continue to find peace though this and after.

Stephen

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 1:46:36

GuitarVlog

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to estebanana

Anders, this is painful to hear. My prayers are with you both.

Upgraded Yamaha CG171SF
The Guitar Student Journal
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 2:14:58

NeZ

Anders,

Very sorry to hear about Sole. Aurora and I are thinking of you both. Glad to hear Nimbus is still around to keep the mood elevated.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 4:04:08

nhills

Sorry to hear this.
Best wishes to you both.
Norman

"The duende is God's orgasm." - Antonio Canales

"I'm just a poor crazy man in love with his art." - Santos Hernandez (as translated by R. Brune)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 18:35:52

HolyEvil

Hey Anders, it's always hard to have illness in the family.
Hopefully you have friends/family around to help out.
There's nothing I can say to make the situation better for you,
only that there are friends here, whom you've never met, hoping everything would work out well for you and your family.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 12 2011 23:27:15

Anders Eliasson

Thanks again all of you.

Just want to say thanks to all of those that have mailed me or send me pm. I hope you understand that my replys are short or that sometimes I dont reply. My internet is pretty scarce and I will try to be a little bit active on the foro.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2011 7:35:26

pietro

Dear Anders,

We never meet each other but I can easily understand your explanations of getting use to sorrow, due to' personal experience and I can also appreciate how much the happiness and affection of your dog can help in bad time.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2011 11:23:34

Anders Eliasson

Thanks Pietro

I´m living in a country where very few people understand what the good energy from an animal is.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2011 20:45:46

pietro

I am a Vet! And my wife too...I really understand
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2011 20:56:33

Escribano

Yep, Nimbus is a great companion and that just makes me miss River all the more

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 13 2011 20:59:07

Anders Eliasson

there´s another River out there.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2011 11:12:47

Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson

I´m living in a country where very few people understand what the good energy from an animal is.

Me too. And it can make you desperate.

( Couldn´t find out about the person who smashed a stray dogs head here, and the last story about people beating two copulating dogs with shovels is from just three days ago. - And in Germany there was video in the news just a week ago, about vandals kicking and tramping turkeys for fun.)

No animal as torturing and destructive like witless humans. ... And that in numbers of billions. Incredible daily horror to defenseless of all kinds.

Sorry, for OT.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2011 17:15:26

odinz

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to Ruphus

this thread makes me want that english bull terrier or mastiff so much more now

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2011 17:46:49

jshelton5040

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

No animal as torturing and destructive like witless humans. ... And that in numbers of billions.

Obviously you have never watched a cat with a mouse.

John Shelton - www.sheltonfarrettaguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2011 18:07:36

pieter

Anders, I can't say how shocked I was to read your posting. Of course all of us try to comfort you in these difficult times. It's nice to read that you are hanging in there (with the help of doggie). All my love and thoughts to you and Sole.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 14 2011 19:50:23

Anders Eliasson

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to odinz

quote:

this thread makes me want that english bull terrier or mastiff so much more now

Nice dogs and if you let them run in the streets, they know how find food themselves.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 15 2011 7:26:26

odinz

haha, yeah i am actually currently looking for a dog and have visited two breeders for those dogs, i am so alone here, and want a trusty companion too!
the grown mastiffs at the breeder were really large, the one dog stood up when i petted it and it towered me completely, like a bear!

And Anders i am glad to hear you say that you continue life, as best you can, this year i have allready lost 3 people who are close to me, one is my aunt wich was allways my main encouragement in music, she had uncurable cancer, and she was withering before me, but at the same time she managed to give me courage and joy like no other person, it would be a disgrace for me to stop completely, as she would definatly want me to continue to do what i do.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 15 2011 9:36:03

estebanana

When I change places and get a place that will have cats I'm going to go to the animal shelter and find a cat. But I love dogs too.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 16 2011 5:27:21

Ruphus

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to jshelton5040

quote:

ORIGINAL: jshelton5040

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

No animal as torturing and destructive like witless humans. ... And that in numbers of billions.

Obviously you have never watched a cat with a mouse.

Below you see a picture taken by me in Costa Rica. ( The cat in the photo, let the rat run. When the rat gave up the cat turned away.)

Also had a cat in childhood who for thankfulness and care used to line up several dead rats on our front door every other time, which my mother wouldn´t be really fond of.

But, though wishing there was no such thing like the cat / mouse game, I always knew of the difference to human sadism ( their background, and the uncomparable dimensions induced ).
For the cat it serves as a hunting training; and the more proficient and routined / aged the cat the less game you´ll see, unless it was about teaching offspring again.
Human sadism on the other hand serves nothing but seeked compensation for inferiour self-esteem; absolutely needlessly induced through lack of shelter and education in youth.
The psychology behind the human pathological inferiority is that observation or conduct of torture and the unspeakable pain with it shall produce abysmal refreshment by the releaving sensation of "It is not happening to me!"

Cats mentality is composite of 50% pre-conditioned behaviour and 50% learned.
Humans on the other hand are stuffed with near zero pre-condition, and depending almost 100% on instruct.
They enter the world as blank sheets, and can either develop to sound and empathic characters ( which they are scheduled for anthropologically ) or into the most wittless and cruel living beings on earth, depending on their upbringing.

Further, prey animals in the shock of being cought by predators release sedatives that will paralize and numb them, none of which will happen with a victim caught by a sadist. Lesser even if a domestic animal fell victim to a human who took advantage of the fact that the animal let him approach trustingly, as it mostly is the case.

Jshelton5040,

There is no comparison of cruelty in the animal world and the endless torture caused by psychopaths.
Neither in ways of duration, repetition and depth of pain, nor in terms of unimaginable quantity of victims; and least of all in terms of causality and ethics.
There is no creature as lowly and harming on earth like sadists and indifferents.

The mouse suffering in the cat game at least means sacrifice for reason of survival.
Whereas a sadist as causal background not even being worth the pain of a fly that he pulled the wings off.
Not even worth a bullet, he actually should go through the same as his last victim.

It´s long time for host qualifying, - control, animal rights and pursue against misuse in no lesser ways than with child abuse.
And time for strict measures to prevent sadists´ stay among exposed, and further production of thelike human offspring trash.

Ruphus

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 16 2011 10:25:13

estebanana

When lived on Ponape the little boys used to cut off the cats tails with machetes. I used to hang the little boys upside down from banana trees.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 16 2011 20:30:59

Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: estebanana

When lived on Ponape the little boys used to cut off the cats tails with machetes. I used to hang the little boys upside down from banana trees.

Maybe hell is not some dark, hot underground place, but just reincarnation as animal among lost humans.

As a kid in Albania, coming to the groups of fellow children when they had caught themselves another animal to torture, it would always be the same. First trying to halt them "calmly", then shouting, then begging and finally shoving them away desperately. But the rest would go on, while I was busy pushing and pulling some of theirs, until the victim was finished. The dogs and cats, puppies and kittens whimpering for a while, appearing so endless.

Only twice could I manage to stop the crowd in the end, but still too late. The animals would die in agony within two days.
Thelike yields a tearing impact on you for the rest of your life.
-

There was that neighbour to the right in Cologne, who broke a shelf board on the skull of his pitbull; and the other guy to the left whose beats on the thorax of his dog would be heard in my apartment, until I intervened. Or the neighbours from above ( third floor ) who´d throw their cat into the yard.
-

An acquaintance told me of childrens pastime in Leipzig / Germany on a lawn with lots of mice in the seventies. They would catch the mice and dot their eyes with needles, finding funny how it bursts, and then let them run blind.
-

Within the nine months living in a towers upper floor of an oriental capitol, I heard at least 60 cats death cry, probaly stabbed by refuse collectors in the late nights. Let alone the regular beating sounds of total dumbs "disciplining" their miserable puppies on balconies of nearby buildings.

... And there´s so much more you couldn´t ever list in a lifetime, happening out there in just one single second. On the country just as in city flats.
As long as there be noone bothering enough to teach the children about empathy during their experimental stage, billions of indifferent and tormenting are being raised.

With the exception of buddhism, it is the great religions that have detached the people from fellow creatures, and made them unfeeling ogres.

Requesting men to make subject of living creatures and environment; handing Abraham a ram as substitute kill, instead of simply telling him to let his son be ...

Such, and so much more, inherently could never ever have been the doings and will of a creator of the world.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 17 2011 12:14:04

mrMagenta

Anders, remember in hard times that you have a lot of friends scattered over the world. A lot of people share a connection to you through the instruments that they play every day, but also through your presence here on the foro. If you ever need a change of air, I know there will be many places where you'll be most welcome, including Stockholm.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 17 2011 16:02:48

estebanana

quote:

With the exception of buddhism, it is the great religions that have detached the people from fellow creatures, and made them unfeeling ogres.

Not to get too far afield, but I disagree somewhat with this. Many Christian churches have days when the people in the church bring animals to church to be blessed. Episcopalians come to mind first.

And what makes a religion great if it does not acknowledge the connectivity between all things?

A Soto Zen Buddhist monk told me there was a monk in his monastery that kept getting an abcess on the tip of his tail bone. Eventually that monk came to an understanding that he was a horse keeper in past life who had bobbed the tails of a his horses, (cut them off). This is bad for a horse, or a cat, because they use the tail for balance, expression and swatting flies. A horse could get depressed, agitated or overly nervous of it can't keep flies off itself. ( An animal has emotion or feeling even if some of the interpreters of the books the "great religions" relegate the horse or other animal to a realm of soulessness. Even they can't deny the animal feeling pain through it nerve endings even if the beast has no soul.)

Consequently this monk finally understood his past life and felt remorse for the actions of making horses suffer. Eventually he forgave himself and accepted his remorse for the horse, and his abcess went away. Maybe the clarity of seeing himself in a past life was an illusion, but certainly the feelings were real and he had to be with them. There is no way to tell about these things, whether they are true or not, because emotion and illusion are wrapped in irrationality and you can't really see through the wrapping, you just feel what you feel. ( One mistake I've heard people make about Buddhism is that you're discovering these amazing things and having important visions. Maybe that is just spiritual chattering, not important. The way you feel in moment is really only real and has to be lived through. This other stuff is just distraction as fascinating as it may be. Or so I am told.)

So in the end you can know that some churches are blessing animals, and that it's likely that anyone who brutalizes an animal will deal with it at some point, but it's not your problem to worry about how they will suffer for that. And if you recognize that or can digest in some way, that being angry over animal torture will not make you a better advocate for animals you'll can feel better. In other words those who torture animals will suffer for what they do eventually and you can have compassion for them because they will go through hard times for that brutality. Does not mean you should not advocate for animals or save them when possible or even admonish brutalizers and be angry in that instance.

At least I think that is what the monk was trying to tell me. But as usual I could be wrong.

Another monk in the same monastery came up with a karmic theory about animals and destruction of animal habitat. But before he explained this he sternly threw out the disclaimer that in the Buddhist realms no person really knows how karma actually functions; in other words karmic action is not like a legal system of spiritual justice where one gets punished in the sense of an eye for an eye or cast into one of the sin graded circles of Dante's legalistic hells. (Although on the the surface there are similar concepts in Buddhist doctrine they are mainly used to illustrate ideas that are irrational. )

Suffice it to say this monk said "I have no idea how karmic cycles of birth and death actually work, but I had this inkling that the reason there is so much violence in the world in this time is because animal habitat is being destroyed that those displaced animals are being born into the human realm at an accelerated rate." This is both good and bad to a Buddhist, it means there are beings who's past lives are based in the violent action of killing to survive and eat.....which he said for example could be manifested in the violence of protracted civil wars in say Central Africa, where children fight other children because many animals were being born into the human realm so suddenly. But it also means that when a person is born into the human realm they develop ears and the ability to hear the words of the Buddha and can begin the process of the cessation of suffering through the ways Buddhism works, which is you're an animal killing to survive you can't really work on. ( yes Buddhism has it conceits just like the other religions)

Or so I was told by this very interesting Monk.

But I know a dog or a cat is a fine thing to keep near you whatever you think about birth, death and destruction. Monks often keep pets as companions. I knew one who kept a rat in his cassock sleaves and said when it looked up at him it beamed with an incredible amount of love through his little beady pink eyes.

How sweet, no?

Sorry for the esoteric jaunt......I'm looking forward to getting a cat someday from the shelter. And you know getting an older cat instead of a kitten can save lots of wear and tear on your drapes and clothing.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 17 2011 18:12:07

Anders Eliasson

RE: WhErE iS ANDERS? (in reply to mrMagenta

MrMagenta.
Thanks a lot. I´m even considering moving to Sweden one day in the future. I like it there. There are other places which I like, so we´ll see.
Btw. I´m selling the sailboat I bought in Sweden 2010... It was a little dream that I´m not going to live right now. Things are to complicated. But I will find time and moments to fulfill other little dreams.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2011 8:20:10

Steve Wright

“With the exception of buddhism, it is the great religions that have detached the people from fellow creatures, and made them unfeeling ogres.”

Adam’s first assignment was to connect with the animals. He had to sudy them and name then according to ther habbits and charactistics. (Onomatppoeic)
In the Bible original-language, the terms (Hebrew., ne′phesh [ׁש] and Greek, psy·khe′ [ψυχή]) are used in the Scriptures show “soul” to be a person, an animal, r the life that a person or an animal enjoys. So, for any religion to “detached the people from fellow creatures, and make them unfeeling ogres,” this is against the Almighty God, whether Christian or per-christian. soul is not soemthing that departs from us at death. We are the soul.

You only have a to have a Dog as a pet, to know that it has feelings. We can hurt its feelings or disappoint it with our tone of voice. Horses too are used in therapy for people, because they can sense who we are, what we are. Businesses use horses to make office workers gel together. The horses know long before we do. We can argue the toss with horses and not admit that it’s us that are at fault within the company, but the horses is always right.

To eat an animal in in accordance with God’s allowance to Noah after the flood, but it was still wrong to brutalizes an animal. It was to serve as food and as a form of power to assist man (behind a plow). But there is a lovely command that says, “you must not muzzle a bull while it it threshing.” It should have the freedom to replenish it’s energy when it wishes. The book of Deuteronomy 25:4 If you brutalise and animal, you will also mistreat man.

Dante's hell was imagination, which the church adopted to keep its parishioners in check. It is not a Biblical teaching. All these teachings originate from Babylon/modern day Iraq.

Walking under a ladder - I thought was a modern thing - but it has lasted centuries. apparently, the word “angle” comes from Angel. It is transposed, reminding us of the “fallen angles”. ‘Los Angeles” is also fallen angles. From angle we have “entangle” “triangle” etc. A triangle of equal sides was to show “all knowing knowledge” - which was said to be better than God’s knowledge. Angle, was to go off the straight (as the devil did). Walking under a ladder - well, the ladder makes a triangle (not equal sides though) but it was considered bad luck because you may envoke the anger of the fallen angles.

Worse than the harm to animals is that Kids still go missing today. They are sacrificed in rituals. Anthems came from Babylon. The priest sang them as they sacriced kids - their song drowned out the cries. Sounds like the loud drum roll at the gallows. Some of those parents were complicite in this arrangement, believing what the priests told them. They also worshiped the Great Disc ‘O’ the sun god and in their worship of this god, they danced, just them same as the disco today. The name survived.

I think of the English language as being latin and Germanic, but it’s amazing how much was handed down from when Babylon was a great world empire and we still use the rituals and terms, oblivious to what they mean.

The important thing is that we should respect God’s creation whether it be children, adults or animals. Questions we have a about life and death are all answered in the Bible. We all come to a time in our life when we start asking questions and we get confusing answers. We should never be confused - or should I say, we don’t have to be. The bible is the only book which is thoroughly tested. You won’t find many priests or Monks who are willing to help you find the answers of a course of time, maybe years. My wife and I have spent literally years with some people, helping them to know God, understand his will for them, understand why things happen. These people have become lifelong friends and their quality of life has changed for the better and they all respect animals. If we can’t respect animals, we have a problem within which we need to address. Thank you for respecting animals!

Rhythm, grace & passion. El ritmo, gracia & la pasión
Be the change you want to see in this world - Gandhi

http://www.youtube.com/user/FusionMusic1000
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 18 2011 15:34:52

[Deleted] (in reply to Escribano

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 19 2011 2:14:06
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages