Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Condolences, Odinz, on the Senseless Death of 92 Norwegians   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

BarkellWH

Condolences, Odinz, on the Senseless... 

Odinz, I just want to extend my condolences on the senseless, brutal death of 92 of your Norwegian citizens. They had everything to live for, and their lives were cut short by a deranged idiot with a disgusting ideology (if it can even be called an "ideology") One more example of a world in which any idiot, whether of the Left or Right, with a grudge or chip on his shoulder, thinks he can pusue his twisted ends by killing others.

Best regards,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 5:14:25

farteindj

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to BarkellWH

So sorry to hear about your friend, Odinz.
So, so sad.

Fartein
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 12:56:38

Pimientito

I would like to second that sentiment to you Odinz. I have several Norwegian friends here who are in shock and still trying to understand the story leading up to the horrors of the weekend. How one person could have wreaked so much terror in a single day is mind boggling and all eyes in Europe are looking to Norway this week.

Just read on another post about your loss....really, really sorry to hear that.

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 13:16:31

Pimientito

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to Pimientito

On a seperate note, I understand your sentiment Bill but rather than thinking of this guy as an idiot, its clear He is super intelligent, calculating and completely psychopathic. This has been planned for 9 years in independant secrecy avoiding mobile phones, internet and anything that could give away his plans. He has avoided police investigation and any alert from government security. He reminds me of the villain from the movie "Seven". He is extremely unwell and highly dangerous. Underestimating him as deranged would be a serious error. He wanted to be captured and he wants a public hearing. Noone has ever carried out such a huge atrocity single handed in Europe before and considering he is still alive, He may well not have completed his final act yet.

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 13:39:16

odinz

Thank you all, sorry if i jump a few ropes too far or anything, thank you for showing support to Norway as well.

Im in a weird situation were this year has been both my best year, and worst year ever, just angry at the moment.

I hope that the lifes of people lost by terrorist will be remembered to build something better, and not for more revenge murders and all.

And that people see that not only Islamist extremists are terrorists, as many think.
All politicaal or religious extremism is dangerous.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 13:44:42

henrym3483

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to odinz

my condolences and prayers go out to the victims, friends and family of this horrendous atrocity.

As i said on my facebook, evil always walks amongst us and often it is good to have a plan or some method of self-survival trained, which may come to good use if a situation like this should ever occur.

self preservation and self-defence should be an essential skill. we teach kids, to read, write, cook and draw..but survival should also be a primary learning point.

ive taught my own brother some non-BS self defence techs and they've worked each time. granted this was an attack with a gun, but there are alot of tactics out there to help and act as food for thought for these horrid scenarios.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 14:35:41

Escribano

Some of the press are publishing his manifesto. Don't read it, he has not earned a platform, he has stolen it with the blood of the innocent. It would be better to have his trial in private and lock him away for the rest of his life with no access to the Internet or media, ever.

To allow him a platform now would be to disrespect his victims and the country that raised him.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 16:05:12

chester

Hear, hear.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 17:15:55

Florian

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to chester

here i am complaining about restaurant owners next thread and you guys are talking about more serious stuff ...my condolences too Odinz...that is so horrible..i am so sorry amigo

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 17:26:39

rodrigovalt

Sorry to hear what happened to your friends.. my prayers are with them

Rodrigo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 17:40:59

Gimar Yestra

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to Escribano

quote:

It would be better to have his trial in private and lock him away for the rest of his life with no access to the Internet or media, ever.

I agree, I dont think anyone wants another media hyped joran van der sloot type thing.

www.yestragitaarbouw.nl
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 19:10:11

BarkellWH

quote:

On a seperate note, I understand your sentiment Bill but rather than thinking of this guy as an idiot, its clear He is super intelligent, calculating and completely psychopathic.

I completely agree with you, Pimientito. I used the term "idiot" as an epithet in the heat of the moment, rather than as a description of his mental capacity, which, as you state, is highly intelligent, calculating, and extremely dangerous.

Cheers,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 19:13:04

MarTay6

My deepest condolences as well, Odinz... such a senseless, horrific crime.
Wes
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 20:19:35

ronzy60

Escribano is right..... please don't read it.

Odinz.......We are all greaving with you and the people of Norway..... may your God go with you.

Ronzy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 20:43:49

Pgh_flamenco

I was shocked and saddened to hear of these tragic attacks in Norway. I agree with Pim--this murderer has to be a highly competent, highly organized individual.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 24 2011 22:07:19

Richard Jernigan

My condolences to you, Odinz and to Norway. My children have many Norwegian cousins, who are in my thoughts.

For once, I am almost at a loss for words.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 3:53:51

Chilli Fingers

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to Richard Jernigan

This is so terrible, those that are responsible will pay for theyre crimes eventually im sure. Just sheer madness plain and simple. You cant just get away with this scott free, they will pay. I also hope that Norway does not sacrifice its civil liberties for this. Apparently a second gunman was reported by witness's on the island, not just one gunman? 90 minute response from police is certainly a bit average? I hope they pay for this sooner than later, this makes me so sad. Sometimes i feel ashamed to be human.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 10:22:29

Escribano

The Norwegian court hearing is being held in a closed session. Excellent. Starves him of oxygen, like the maggot that he is.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 11:06:39

odinz

Yes there are reports of a second gunman, many witnesses in fact, i also think it is strange for one person to plan all of this alone. the response time for the police is because the on duty and off duty officers had to be where the bomb exploded after it happened, like the bomb was a decoy..

And i thank you all on the condolences on my part, and thank you on the behalf of Norway as well, thank you all, it means alot to me.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 12:44:46

Escribano

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Anders-Behring-Breivik/152620464812010

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 14:01:15

Ruphus

Could there be more to it than him being a mistreated child and psychopath?

I am all for a kind of "driving license" for parenting.
Noone should be allowed to keep even an hamster without proving first that he has educated himself beforehand on basic needs of the creature.
Maybe just me, but the most self-evident thing to my understanding.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 14:43:01

Pimientito

RE: Condolences, Odinz, on the Sense... (in reply to Ruphus

I think this could turn into an interesting late night conversation. Im sure that most people with psychological problems have bad parenting, abuse, neglect, social background, education etc as large factors in their psychological development.

I dont believe this explains 100 per cent of abnormal psychology though. Some kids seem to be born with "bad wiring" almost as if the moral line that lives in most people doesnt exist. There are asylums with kids who seem to be psychopathic from birth, even before their upbringing has had a chance to influence their behaviour and psychology. I dont profess to be an expert in the subject but I dont find it unreasonable to suppose that a very, very small percentage of the population will be born predisposed to psychopathic tendancies just as there are people born with poor eyesight, lower intelligence or diabetes.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 25 2011 20:11:23

odinz

I have read alot in my mothers study books and other stuff about psychology, it interests me greatly, partly because i was diagnosed as asperger and bipolar, wich is also why my mom works with mental healthcare.

It is interesting that there are actually physical reasons for most disorders.
The brain physically looks different, for example the parts of the limbic system, controlling emotion, memory etc.

sometimes, the features become enhanced, almost like a small savant disorder.

I also see how this might be relevant in obsessive compulsive disorders and the like.

But i just wanted to add, there are physical reasons as well, i know most about this from myself and tests i have taken, and i produce hormones on a different scale, and andrenaline production is also sometimes sped up, from manic episodes.

I guess psycopaths also would have some weird wiring, since they can not be taught how to feel "the right way".

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 26 2011 1:43:11

Ruphus

True, there can be physical phenomenons like an underdeveloped limbic system or frontal brain.

However, I estimate original physical dysfunction to be least of typical causes.
The more as even physical brain structure is for a good part being determined by sensation / upbringing.

Like the "wiring" Pimiento mentions above, which is basically formed within the first 6 years by trial / error / solving experiences and lack thereof. ( = Either systematically or disorganized.)

Just like certain damages as well.
Did you know that a rather high number ( estimations range around 40% ) of people do under perform, because of having been shaken as suckling ( to stop crying ) with brain fibres consequently torn off?

Next, you have the formation of criminal mind with neglected childs, who short of soothing ( hence forced to sooth themselves ) develop ego as highest priority and apathy for surrounding.

Or the development of divorce victims whose (one ) parent is being defamed by the one ( mother or father ) they live with.
It has shown that individuals reactive to defamed parent will typically become habitual liers, thieves and animal torturers.
( Just to think of how much of the latter exists, gives me desperate feelings alone. I am currently trying to find out who in my area has beaten a stray dog so that it cut off a palm-sized piece of skin of the dogs head [ and I heard that wrecking cry ]. - The dimension of animal torturing, in rural areas as well as in urban ones is way beyond of what you ever deared to believe; if you have been wondering at all.)

My personal experience through observation and readings tells me, that of psychopathology the very least is being genetically based.
Especially in sight of aggression ( all learned! Scratch C.Lorenz´s BS!) and sadism.

The minute you find a sadist of just genetical predisposition please let me know.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 26 2011 11:38:04
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote