Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Pitingo "Quisiera Amarte Menos"   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Adam

Pitingo "Quisiera Amarte Menos&... 

Maybe this isn't the best forum to post since I'm not really looking for tabs, but this seemed fairly simple harmonically and I wanted to make sure I'm hearing it right:

It seems like he's basically just going between Am, E7, and Dm, with stops at A7 between the Am and Dm, i.e. pretty standard Am bulería stuff. Is that right or am I missing something more complicated harmonically?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 1 2011 18:13:56

Kate

RE: Pitingo "Quisiera Amarte Me... (in reply to Adam

Beautiful title - - only using past imperfect subjunctive ( I think?) makes it hard to translate as we dont use any sort of subjunctive much in English = If only I were to love you less - maybe

I once used the word quisiera, asking for a bottle of gas from the depot. I had been told it was formal and polite. The response I got was neither - " Qué coño quisieras !!!"

Emilio Maya Temple
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CA6OBC
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/emiliomaya
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 1 2011 20:38:13

Estevan

RE: Pitingo "Quisiera Amarte Me... (in reply to Adam

quote:

It seems like he's basically just going between Am, E7, and Dm, with stops at A7 between the Am and Dm, i.e. pretty standard Am bulería stuff. Is that right or am I missing something more complicated harmonically?

I meant to check this but didn't get around to it, but luckily was reminded as this is the disc that was playing in the house when I got back from work yesterday, which was nice.

I think the chords you've got are right, and you're not missing anything (er...unless I'm missing something). Am, E7, Am turning into the secondary dominant A7 on the way to Dm, Am, E7, Am.
When another guitar comes in about halfway through you can hear someone playing Am7 for Am, sometimes ornamented with the B on top, and Dm7 for Dm, but there's nothing weird going on.

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 14 2011 19:00:15

Estevan

RE: Pitingo "Quisiera Amarte Me... (in reply to Kate

quote:

Beautiful title - - only using past imperfect subjunctive ( I think?) makes it hard to translate as we dont use any sort of subjunctive much in English = If only I were to love you less - maybe

Yes, all those bloody Spanish subjunctives!
Since they are almost extinct in Eengleesh, it makes sense not to translate so grammatically literally, e.g. "If only I loved you less" or "I wish I loved you less", or "I'd like to love you less" (as in "I'd like a tank of gas" - quisiera una bombona)

But if you were to use one, you may as well go the whole jamón: "Would that I loved thee less"!

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 14 2011 19:10:49
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote