Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Esencia Flamenca (Australia)   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Events >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Florian

Esencia Flamenca (Australia) 

Excuse me while i put my sales pitch hat on, but its something i am truly very excited about

In Adelaide, the show is a national collaboration full of Australian flamenco legends i always wanted to put in the same show together, anyone in the Australian scene would have heard of this names... I dare say one of the biggest and most ambitious shows ever attempted in Australia, in the sense that every single one of this ladies star in their own shows and get booked around the country as the leading dancer for different shows, one would be enough to make any show spectacular, infact no show ever gets 2 at the same time and especially not all 3, because of budgetary reasons and accommodating 3 leading dancers in a show can be tricky ... but i wanted to offer people that buy tickets more value then ever before for the price of one concert ticket...three very distinct styles from the modern to the traditional......from sexy to raw power.

Having in the past worked with all of them in different shows, some in Adelaide some in Sydney, i started fantasizing of my dream Australian show... come watch my overambitious dream (some said) become reality

Also not forgetting Antonio Soria from Sydney, probably the best flamenco singer in Australia today

any flamenco person traveling from interstate to see this gets discount on tickets as a small humble but warmly given token of our camaraderie and appreciation for your support of the Australian flamenco scene, ...send me an email at florianremus1@hotmail.com

Ps.
If you are affiliated with any Australian flamenco school and can and are willing to help me promote this..send me an email and i will send you an A2 poster and some fliers for your school...and along with my eternal gratitude i will spoil you if you come down ...

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2011 15:07:54

Florian

RE: Esencia Flamenca (Australia) (in reply to Florian

Heres a little about some of the Artists in it...

Roshanne Wijeyeratne (Adelaide)

Director of Alma Flamenca Dance School and co-founding member of Velada Flamenco Performance Company. A performer, choreographer and teacher, Roshanne gives classes in Unley and in the city, conducts dance workshops around Australia on a regular basis and has performed both nationally and internationally.

Born into a family of musicians, Roshanne has been singing, dancing and performing since childhood. She has been trained in classical piano, voice and various dance forms including tap, jazz ballet, classical ballet, ballroom, Indian (bharatanatyam), and Sri Lankan Kandyan and Pahan (candle) dancing. She began flamenco in 1996 with Liana Vargas whom she subsequently taught for from 1998 until 2004.

Since then Roshanne has travelled to Spain and the United States regularly (annually/biannually) for extended periods of intensive professional development in Sevilla, Madrid, New York City and Albuquerque. Roshanne regularly trains under the instruction of Spain’s most respected flamenco maestros including Manuel Betanzos, Manuela Carrasco, Pastora Galván, La Truco, and Isabel Bayón (see below for a more comprehensive list).

In August of 2010, after completing the very intensive and comprehensive course developed by La Truco entitled "II CICLO DEDICADO A LA FORMACIÓN COMPLETA DEL BAILE FLAMENCO", Roshanne was awarded the Beca de Oro (Gold Scholarship) for study at Madrid's prestigious flamenco academy Amor de Dios in 2011. Roshanne is the first Australian artist to receive such an accolade and has been recognised by some of Madrid's finest flamenco maestros, as an artist on the rise of greater things to come.

As a performer, her undeniable talent has seen her being scouted out of dance class with flamenco master Juana Amaya to perform at the iconic venue ‘La Carboneria’ in Sevilla as well performing in Flamenco Tablao in New Mexico and being invited to be the soloist for the the legendary flamenco singer Pepe de Lucía, accompanied by world renowned guitarist Oscar Guzmán. Her performances have built her reputation as one of ‘Australia’s finest young flamenco artists seen in Australia today’ (Flamenco Australia 2008). Roshanne’s talent as a dancer alone is impressive with fiery, rhythmic footwork and a style direct from Andalucía, but her ability to express her genuine emotions through dance and emote at the same time is raw flamenco at its core (see below for a list of recent performances).

“The dancing by Roshanne Wijeyeratne (an Adelaide-based dancer gaining momentum around the world) is strong, fluid and rapid” (Kosta Jaric, Reviewing Adelaide 2011).

"The addition of Adelaide-based dancer Roshanne Wijeyeratne completed the effortless blend of song, guitar and dance." The Australian 2010

“The fiery and passionate Roshanne Wijeyeratne... a riveting solo” (Phil Callaghan, Ausdance 2009)

“Flamenco fans packed the Darwin Entertainment Centre thrilling at Roshanne Wijeyeratne’s dancing in particular” (Northern Territory News 2007).

RECENT TRAINING
Sevilla: Manuela Carrasco, Alicia Márquez (Paco Peña), El Torombo (Noche Flamenca), Manuel Betanzos, Ramón Martínez (Paco Peña), Pastora Galván, Isabel Bayón, Andrés Peña, Soraya Clavijo, Pilar Ortega, Miguel ‘El Rubio’, Raphael Campallo, Adela Campallo, Yolanda Heredia, Asun Demarco, and Juana Amaya. Madrid: La Truco, Concha Jareño, Pepa Molina, Maria Torres, Olga Pericet, Maria Juncal and Alfonso Losa. US: Joaquin and Maria Encinias and Omayra Amaya.

RECENT PERFORMANCES
Solo Work
The Adelaide International Guitar Festival's El Corazon del Flamenco with Oscar Guzmán and Pepe de Lucía (2010 @ The Adelaide Festival Main Theatre), Carnival Choreographer’s Ball (Sydney 2009), Winter Flamenco Festival (2009), Florian Una Noche de Flamenco (2008), Marina Tamayo presents ‘Flamenco Tablao’ with Antonio Vargas (Sydney 2007 & 2008), The Shell Darwin Guitar Festival with Oscar Guzmán (2005 & 2007), Flamenco Tablao (New Mexico 2007), La Carboneria (Sevilla 2003).

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2011 15:41:02

Florian

Ana Otero (Sydney)

Ana began Flamenco at the tender age of 5 with her first official lesson taken at the age of 7 in Sevilla, Spain. She is of Spanish origin and has been an exponent of Flamenco for the past 20 years. She is widely recognized as one of the best Flamenco dancers and choreographers in Australia.

Upon her return to Australia, she became the principal dancer for Diana Reyes Flamenco for 8 years - working with the likes of Luis de Luis (ex Paco Peña), Joaquin Ruíz, Andres Peña, Mariano Cruchetta and Antonio Vargas.

She was the recipient of a number of individual study grants over the years..more recently her studies in Madrid's famous Amor de Dios Studios...with Juan Linan...Marco flores...Immaculada Ortega La Truco...just to name a few..

Because of her extensive knowledge and very distinctive style, Ana began a tour of most states in Australia to update Flamenco skills through workshops and advanced master classes in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.

She has taught for and continues to teach for some the most recognized schools of flamenco in Australia

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2011 15:45:50

Florian

Jessica Statham (Sydney)

Just recently returned from Spain where she has spent the last 5 years living, performing in the Tablaos ( La Carboneria) and studying at one of the most prestigious Flamenco academy in Spain, Amor De Dios with Acclaimed Artists and teachers such as Marcos Flores, Concha Jareno, Domingo Ortega, David Panaigua and Pepa Molina amongst many others..
Reallocating home to Australia Jessica is the most exciting, fresh addition to an already exciting Australian flamenco scene

“As with Tango, music and dance are entwined in Flamenco, Jessica Statham made physical the music’s elegance
Sadness, exaltation and haughty sexuality, while her feet made the stage an instrument as real as the guitar
Stamping and out stirring rhythmic variations”
- John Shand, Sydney Morning Herald, 2011

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2011 15:50:54

Florian

Antonio Soria (Sydney)

Born in Malaga in the south of Spain. He has performed with many of Spain’s leading flamenco artists including dancers Andres Pena, Luis de Luis, Mariano Cruceta and Joaquin Ruiz and with guitarists Jose Luis Monton, Felipe Maya, Paco Cruz and many others.

He is based in Sydney and has been the lead flamenco singer for Diana Reyes Flamenco for many years. With this company he has performed throughout Australia in both theatre and festivals.

He has also performed with Antonio Vargas throughout Europe & Asia.

He is an exciting flamenco singer with great knowledge of singing for dance and as a soloist.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 8 2011 16:02:53
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Events >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll