Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Say hello to my little friend !!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Florian

Say hello to my little friend !! 

a little nerdy i know but hes so cute i got him today...never had a cat before

hes probably tired of me following him around with a camera all day...EVERYTHING they do when they that size is cute...right now he felled alseep in my shoe

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 18:45:54

Escribano

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Florian

Ahh, they can be great little buddies

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 18:49:57

ralexander

awwwww he's super cute man! congrats

It's incredible how much joy pets can bring into your life.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 18:51:44

odinz

congrats! so cute!

Got a kitten last year called Ellis, be sure to have the litterbox where he can get to it..

and dont let a laundry basked stand WHERE he can get to it............

cute kitten

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 19:20:34

kozz

quote:

a little nerdy i know but hes so cute i got him today...never had a cat before

So cute!
I had a a red cat once, she could find the cord of my lamp near the bed when the wake-up alarm went of.
Cats are nicccceee!
Enjoy!

The second film is just slapstick

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 19:29:03

rombsix

Fluffy kitty you've got there, Flo... Nice to hear you talking (never heard you before). Who's that other kitty you're talking to?

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 19:40:47

Ron.M

Hi Flo,

After my faithful old Lab died, I swore I'd never have another pet again.

However, about 2 years later (when my little girl was 5) my wife nagged me to get a cat as my daughter really wanted one.

I said "no" to begin with, but they gradually wore me down.

Eventually, my wife phoned me from work to say that some girl was advertising a 6 month old kitten "free to a good home" along with various feeding plates and a cat litter tray etc.

She nagged and nagged me, saying things like "But cats are really clean...they take care of themselves...they're no trouble....oh please...please...."

Reluctantly I agreed.

The kitten arrived on the same day we got delivery of 2 expensive sofas, the best we'd ever been able to afford since we got married.

Within 3 years, they were in shreds along with the wallpaper in various rooms.

After they both lost interest in it, (after about a year).. because it was disfunctional and really unfriendly, (my daughter is 17 now and thus disfunctional and unfriendly too.. ), I am the only stupid tit who feeds and looks after the damn thing.

So far it's cost me about £400 in vets bills, £3000 in food bills over 12 years, it's killed various innocent birds and field mice in the garden, it's pissed all over the carpets which require frequent cleaning, is really fussy about food and leaves practically everything apart from best quality ham, chicken breast, minced beef or tins of salmon or tuna.
All the carpets are ripped or we find cat crap in hidden corners now that she's becoming f'ing senile.
It always scratches you (badly..like blood!) if you try to stroke it and we've had to replace the cat flap 4 times due to it being broken in cat fights with other female cats on the other side of the door, and basically likes to be left alone.

See cats? I LOVE 'em..so I do!

Sometimes at night I lie awake, thinking of a speedy death for the critter that wouldn't leave me traumatised afterwards (gassing, electrocuting, drowning), but I know I couldn't ever do it...but at least I get the comfort from thinking about it.

So good luck Flo!

cheers,

Ron

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 19:48:15

Pgh_flamenco

Cats are fun--esp. after they reach adulthood. I've had cats for 37 years and the first day they are in your home they usually find a place to hide that seems safe to them. This initial fear wears off after a day or so. It looked like your cat was trying to withdraw and find a place to sleep in the second video. The more you "bug" them--the more attention you give them--the more they will bond with you. Eventually that cat's personality will develop in response to you.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 19:58:55

Pgh_flamenco

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

The kitten arrived on the same day we got delivery of 2 expensive sofas, the best we'd ever been able to afford since we got married.

Within 3 years, they were in shreds along with the wallpaper in various rooms

A cat like this should have been neutered/spayed and declawed. Cats--like people--vary by disposition. I had a very affectionate cat that we decided not to declaw and he never damaged furniture with his claws. IMO when it comes to buying a cat or dog it's best to let the animal pick you.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 20:11:33

Escribano

Sheesh, Ron. Our panky is a sweetheart in comparison. He even lets me clip his claws regularly and never scratches but he does go ape sh*t, running around and talking at 2:00am.

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 20:15:30

mezzo

Nice cat.
Pay attention to your guitar. I've heard sad stories of accidents.
Cats love to explore every nook and cranny of a house, and go to cram into the furniture to gain height.
Watch out that there are no heavy objects which can unintentionally fall down on your guitar...or your guitar itself

A nice letra from Curro Malena in carbon de cana:

Miau miau miau donde esta ese gato
miau miau miau quien se l'a comio
y un vesino mio que se lo jamo
miau miau miau donde esta ese gato

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 20:25:07

Ron.M

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to mezzo

quote:

Miau miau miau donde esta ese gato
miau miau miau quien se l'a comio
y un vesino mio que se lo jamo
miau miau miau donde esta ese gato

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 20:34:43

mezzo

Nice lyrics

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 20:49:17

Florian

thank you for sharing my joy guys

quote:

Within 3 years, they were in shreds along with the wallpaper in various rooms.

After they both lost interest in it (after about a year).. because it was disfunctional and really unfriendly, (my daughter is 17 now thus disfunctional and unfriendly too.. ) I am the only stupid tit who feeds and looks after the damn thing.

Jeez you make it sound so good Ron i should have taken 2 lol...thing is the lady wanted to get ride of the kittens she had 6 and i dont even imagine what would happen if none took them all ..wasn't sure i was ready for another pet so soon after Bobby died but this was good the circumstance kind of forced me to hurry up...and its good for both of us..pets really do have a way of uplifting you...just got the worst news last night that a singer i had booked for a show was deported to spain last night....one day before posters were going to go out, 2 months before the show, the whole thing was planned around what he sings...now i have to start over and replan the whole show, make new posters, hire some new people... and the theater and everyone else is booked i cant move the date, its basically a disaster i have to move really really quickly ...but ...somehow the kitten kept me in high spirits...well at least i am not banging my head against the wall...i have a few thousand dollars invested in this allready

quote:

Who's that other kitty you're talking to?

its my guitar student karen shes actually a memeber here, she organised for me to get the kitten

thank you all for the advice too ....as i said i have no idea what to expect so please keep it coming...i got a nice new red leather pimp couch ...i would be pissed off if she destroyed that...first thing i am gonna do is cover it completely with blankets

btw hes eaten very little today is that normal ? i have minced meet mixed with rice, dry small biscuit bones, milk and water out on plates for him...hes hardly touching anything...and he keeps miauwiiing and sleeping ...is that normal ? hes 6 weeks old

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 12 2011 22:50:19

cRobson12

First find out what food he prefers, dry or wet food. Giving them minced meet and biscuit bones is not healthy for them. You can get canned tuna and salmon (Special cat brand) for it's meals if it like wet food. I wouldn't recommend giving it treats and special foods until it is over 2 months old, kittens are extremely vulnerable so be careful.

Check out the dry food brand called EVO or Purina, they have been around a long time and get good reviews. If its under 6 weeks old you should bottle feed it. Also never give it raw meat, it is not good for cats/kittens and will actually cause health issues in the future. What your kitten needs is some kitten formula. After the kitten is over 2 months old THEN you can start giving it these kinds of special treats and such.

I have 3 cats, I know my ****..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 1:12:26

Florian

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to cRobson12

thanks cRobson12 !

the biscuits is that kitten dry food...just didnt know what to call it..and the minced meat was cooked...but i will go get those special kitten cans, thank you

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 5:30:04

Elie

hello Florian's little friend

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 5:31:33

Karen

quote:

Who's that other kitty you're talking to?

Meow. >_<
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 9:37:09

rombsix

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Karen

quote:

Meow. >_<

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 10:23:15

Kevin James Shanahan

This is so gay cats suck , I ended up with a cat not un similar to ron , uno unwanted , kids loved it someone was giving it away , This Freaking thing started out all cool, cute fun , all that . Then a few things went wrong , it started randomly attacking us , like sometimes loving sometimes biting ( Yeah and I'm feeding this thing every night ) . So maturity comes along and it figures out it doesn't really need us , yep getting it's own dinner . I think to myself this is ok it's natural , food chain and all that . Hey this cat was pretty good it ate pretty much all of the bird , it wasn't just toying with the things to get atenetion , you could here a pretty serious crunching sound as it hooked into the feet . One day I had this cookaburra hanging around ( Austrlias largest kingfisher beautiful bird , very spiritualy important ) it actually landed on my shoulder while I was talking to someone on the phone once . So one day it came back so I dug some earthworms out of the garden to feed to it ( There's some killing right there ) just as the cookaburra came down I caught our cat out of the corner of my eye ready to pounce , and it did . The cookaburra got away ( just ) . Anyway to finish this story , we brought some baby chickens home and my little boy was playing with them delighted , yep I saw that look in the cats eye . I'm sorry folks that was one of gnarly's last thoughts . Bed time pondering became an imediate reaction . That cat killed I don't no how many birds , and I wittnessed alot of it , yep I killed the cat , made me feel sick to do it . Following on we had a python come and finish of our baby chickens . Moral to the story I think is animals eat animals( I didn't eat the cat ) wish we never got the cat in the first place .

Peace.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 10:34:49

Escribano

quote:

and he keeps miauwiiing and sleeping ...is that normal ? hes 6 weeks old

If he has just been brought into a new place, he may be pining and scared. If he does not perk up in another day, take him to the vet. He might be ill. Has he had all his vaccinations?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 12:29:03

Ron.M

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Escribano

quote:

If he does not perk up in another day, take him to the vet.

Yeah Flo,

And remember to get all the vaccinations too, as well as getting him de-bollocked in a few months like a responsible owner.
You live in a hot place, so better get an anti-flea vaccination for him too + boosters every year.
You may also consider getting him microchipped as well.

That should set you back a few bucks anyway (domestic-animal vets enjoy making a good income), but hey, don't worry about it.

It's only money.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 12:40:08

Elie

lol !! sorry flo .. but I couldn't stop my self from posting this ...
nice cat hope you have great times with her

when I first read your post all what I thought of is this :{say hello to my little friend!}

Attachment (1)

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 13:03:00

Florian

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Elie

quote:

f he has just been brought into a new place, he may be pining and scared. If he does not perk up in another day, take him to the vet. He might be ill. Has he had all his vaccinations?

hes perked up today !! playing and scratching away

but i will look at those vaccines ...how many tousands is that gonna cost me ? Karen didnt say anything about that

quote:

when I first read your post all what I thought of is this :{say hello to my little friend!}

lol i know amigo , it was my intention

quote:

yep I killed the cat

thats a lovely uplifting story for something to look forward too ...just kidding mate i am sorry about your circumstances ...in the end they are still animals and given the chance they will behave how nature intended them to...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 13:15:17

mezzo

quote:

just got the worst news last night that a singer i had booked for a show was deported to spain last night....one day before posters were going to go out, 2 months before the show, the whole thing was planned around what he sings...now i have to start over and replan the whole show

What do you mean with deported? Was he under illegality or something like that? (a clandestino?)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 13:26:43

Florian

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to mezzo

quote:

What do you mean with deported? Was he under illegality or something like that?

well its a long story and i only got a short message from him haven't had the chance to talk to him in detail...he had a visa , and he was allowed in the country... he just got here on the 10th..i am not sure of the details ...but i suspect something to do with the wrong visa...i dont really know many details..its really taken the wind from under my wings atm...tonight i feel a little beaten...need a good sleep and rest and wake up with a new plan tomarow

this show has just been a nightmare to organise from the start to the end

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 14:08:35

at_leo_87

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Elie

awesome! congrats!
does it have a name?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 15:34:14

Ruphus

One of the things that pull me down is the indescrible torment we cause.
Sometimes openly and intentionally, like especially with Asian cultures, but also unconsciously and unnoticed like with western ones.

Just as with the plausibility behind driving licences or medical approbations, in a reasonable world licences would be inquired and supervision in place for anyone who wants to keep a living thing. Be it children or canaries.

Children might at least voice their distress, while animals either won´t, or subtley signal without being read.

For to not reveal vulnerability to predators in natural ambience animals will on principle suppress signs of suffer; which under human owning however only worsens their owners´ ignorance.

Cats, almost as much like with dogs, have helped humans surviving. By decimating mice and rats around human quarters, they contributed considerably against famines and pandemic deseases.
And eventhough the falpcat, which all domesticated cats stem from, is an originally solitary living species, their social skills, devotion, kind and forgiving temper has produced admiration in many cultures, like with ancient Egyptians who cherrished cats as incarnations of their ancestors.
( When having an eye for them, one can see why the Egyptians would fancy cats as of metaphysical property.)
All in all, there used to be appropriate thankfulness of men for this intelligent, agile and loyal species.
( Did you know that recordedly cats have found back to their homes over farther distances than dogs? And that some unexplainably even found their moved away human families over distances of hundreds of miles?)

However, in our epoche their exist not only a lot of dismiss, but even a huge number of more or less diguised cat haters.

Do you know why?

The prudish catholic church during Middel Age decided to proscribe species that appeared like either sexually active or tempting to them. ( As a fanatasy of in desperate horniness and to third´s sexual life raging envy living clerics.)
So, they chose animals whichs slot-like iris appeared sexy to them, or whose physical appearance awoke sexual associations.
That would be billy-goats, snakes, donkeys and cats, which were all declared as devil´s assistants.
( Also crows, however not for sexual reasons, but just for countering preceding religions who had characterized this most intelligent of all birds as gods´ servants.)
Cats were chosen for their unparalleled suppleness and coordination, for their ardently noisy intercourse, and for their gathering in circles during full moon nights, which was considered conspirative satanic meetings.
But most suspicious, naturally, appeared black cats to them.

So, in the aftermath of the church´s bursting slandering campaign against witches many women and animals were killed with and without trial.
( As "witches" often times handsome widows were dennounced by jealous women who had found a handy means to get rid of rivals who were wooed by their husbands.)
Just as the poor women who had to pay for their attraction, cats, but especially black cats were burned on stakes.
So fiercely intensive that until today you will not find one single housecat anywhere in the world ( for the vast of spreading accross the planet happened from Europe afterwards ) who would be all black.
Even when you think it to be totally black, if you check out closely you will always find some white hair, especially under the neck and belly.
( I have won a couple of bets with people who were convinced to own a completely black one.)

The irrational fear and contempt against cats that prevails among people mainly comes from the Middle Age campaign, even if the people prone to it won´t know about the background of their baseless attitude. ( Usually fed during childhood by an empirically detouched surrounding who tells the children hearsayings of alleged illoyality, phoneyness and unpredictability of this species.)

What contributes to the prevail of the superstition is the fact that cats communication, unlike the one of dogs ( -notwithstanding that even dogs communication ressembles human gesturing only to a very limited degree, misleading owners badly enough with what they fancy and how they treat their forbearent pets ) functions vastly in the opposite way of human signaling. Leading to unwanted behaviour and fancied artfulness.

According to a survey investigation from roughly six years ago, another background of cat haters is their insuperable envy against cats motoric perfection and agility.
Just to think of the sheer triviality and dumbness people can bear out of their physcial and then psychic clumsiness, leaves you fathomless.

If you think traditional "knowledge" was sufficient preparation before obtaining a kitten, puppy or whatever living thing, you will be pathing frustration and disappointment for both of you and at best gloomy existance for your future mate.

Traditional "knowledge" only serves to demonstrate how ignorant and unearthly observing humans can be, yet over the course of thousands of years. The more under a vastly exploiting attitude of past fivethousand years and the amounting tortous path through mistaking thinkers of late history like Descartes.

Do not rely on false traditional wisdom nor on what you might fancy as your personal sensitiveness, which will both be failing invariably unless you were one of the extremely rare genius like Nicholas Evans, which you better accept to not be.

Raising children or pets can be incredibly smooth and efficient, rewarding you with great joy and heartiness, but you need to get yourself of the latest scientifical works first to explore what you could never make out on your own.

And on a final note:
If you find yourself disliking any kind of creature ( aside of maybe mosquitos and pathogens ), know that you are being fundamentally foolish against what has no clue of moralistics as your own egocentrical limitation and mis the intellectual ledge and sourvereignity humans should naturally provide.
-

Florian,

Get yourself literatur. It will help you a great deal with seamless corresponding to your aims.

Until then here a couple of quick details.

#
No animal other than the human one shows teeth as a friendly gesture ( teeth always mean threatening ).
If you laugh or smile at an animal and want your expression to be understood as a positive gesture try to bare no teeth at that.

Similar with eye contact. It will be stressing, so don´t look straight into the eyes, unless the cat was exceptionally familiar with you ( and matured ) and shows no irritation.
Among cats direct eye contact is strictly avoided and exclusively hostile action.

#
Cats have innate motoric patterns. Some of them being certain fighting techniques.
For that your kitten will grab your hand and bite when you touch its belly. Forbid it from start, only allowing this pattern when reaching a toy, but never with your hand. Stop playing immediately, speaking out with a sharp tone and looking sour will do. ( Never beat! Not even slap.)
If you don´t you will have to live with scratches once the kitten has passed 3 months age.

#
Keep in mind that animals cannot connect to action past 2 seconds.
So if you want to express annoyance on a bad action, it must be right away. If you dsicipline without the animal being able to sense the cause anymore, all that happens will be development of neurosis. You will then only appear unpredictable to an unsettled cat.

#
If it is an indoor cat ( - which in opposite to layman affinity, is best. Unless you lived in a rural area with scrarce traffic and no sprayed fields ) position a scratching object in your house from the very first day. It should be placed at a central position like in the doorway or so. And it should be firmly mounted ( cats hate it when it wabbles).
Scratching is an expression of self-confidence and well-being.
Do not surge by any means ( it would lead to misconditioning ) when it starts scratching at wrong place. Take the paws gently, removing the claws out of the furniture, take the cat and bring her to the scratching object immediately. Again taking her paws and brushing them against the SO. Then pet. The kitten will understand within a few days and refrain from scratching anywhere else, just to comply.

#
If the cat will be allowed raoming outside, yet be depending on you to release her: Know this:
This species is absolutely territorial. Thus cats arrange strictly timed schedules among territorial neighbours in order to omit encounters and fights. And cat fights are always meant lethal. If your grown cat will not be able to schedule on itself you will see her regularly badly injured or even dead sometime.

Once let outside you cannot in the future switch her to an all indoor cat anymore without lasting irritations and annoyance.

#
Don´t leave her alone. Folklore says cats wouldn´t mind, but that is not true at all. Anything more than one or two hours alone in the house is too much. Let alone for kittens.

#
Greet her directly ( pay some attention ) when you come home.

#
Let her meet "unusual objects" that you like her to accept for the future. ( Screetching kids, noisy machines etc.) The sooner in life the better.

#
Get her used to the brush from start.

#
Omit loud and sudden noises. They can make her timid. Remember that cats can hear mice running under ground or even current in sockets, and go from there.

#
If she has no sibling, play with her at least 20 minutes a day. She needs it for developing motorics and wittedness. ( Always keep the toy "running away" / not "jumping at".)
Don´t use metal objects or hard material like stone etc. And be cautious about purchased toys, they are often utterly unsuited, containing pin heads as eyes, etc. Don´t leave threads around unwatched, neither plastic bags. Plenty owners find their kittens dead when coming home that way.

#
Never feed her milk.
Milk only makes diarrhea. ( Comes to show you about people´s long term observation efficiency. People associate out of all milk and cats traditionally all over the world.)
Give her water. If its form the tap ( containing chlor ) do not exchange daily. Let it be for around three days. ( Letting the chlorine settle.)
Yet after three days exchange, for to omit accumulation of saliva.
Always keep the water bowl at least two meters away from the food bowl.

#
Unless you want her to become a tiresome begger, do not feed from hand, but exclusively from bowl.
Don´t be too exact with daily feeding times. Vary them a bit. ( Half an hour / one hour back and forth.)

If you want her to enjoy meals, don´t put too much into the bowl, but feed severeral times a day fresh. Kittens six times or more per day, adult cats at least three times a day. ( Unlike dogs who should be fed only once daily.)

#
Keep in mind that industrial food has filled veterianians offices in the past 30 years.
Try to feed as much home made as possible and remember that cats are carnivors, no omnivores. Best is raw meat that has been prior frozen for at least three days at - 18°. The higher the temperature the longer kept in the freezer. Serve at room temperatur, unless your cat was Norwegian or Main coon.
Omit salt, sugar, fat and done bones.

The industry has spread the hoax of dry food preventing and removing tartar, however the exact opposite is true.
Further cats, still physically desert species like the falp, extensively extract moisture from food, which is why dry food will often cause kidney dysfunction.

Best teeth care is bone, even bone of chicken. However it must be exclusively raw, not cooked. Cooked bone is stone hard, damages teeth and can split / stuck in throat. Also teeth cannot penetrate cooked bone / there be no tartar prohylaxis and removal.
Fish bone is great too. Don´t worry, adult cats know exactly how to deal with it.

Though whole pieces would be optimal with challenging for healthy dentures, cats will take whole pieces and eat them somewhere under your bed or so.
This is because of instinct. In nature their prey will never be eaten at same location where the catch happened, just in case that superiour predators might have watched and creep up.

So, if you see your cat running around with food chunks and you want to avoid that, it will be advicable to cut the food into smaller, yet not to tiny pieces.

Perfect food would be whole poultry ( including feathers, beaks, bones, claws, intestines and everything ) sent through the grinder, then portioned and freezed, but I don´t know if you wanna go through that.

#
Carnivors get their vegetarian supply from their preys intestines. As it will be pre-fermented that way, the carnivor can split it up in their digestive system. To immitate that supplement you might want to dampen grinded herbals ( only mild ones, not too flavoured specimens ) and mix them with the meat in humble measures.
( Stricty avoid nightshade plants! Also keep those outside reach of the indoor cat, as it might intoxicate itself. Especially kittens.)

Also provide fresh cat gras for fole acid supply.
Also spots with direct sunshine are a must for the cats vitamine B supply collected from its own hair.

Man, there is so much to say ... Do yourself a favour and obtain latest of scientifical literature on behaviour and feeding.

If you can provide both, knowledge and love, you will be granted with a loving cat, and that is a very special thing to enjoy.
Eventhough being souvereign and absolutely incorruptible, she will go out of her way as much as she can only to see you happy, and she will know you in and out like noone else.
In fact cats ability to read the minds of beloved people must have vastly contributed to the admiration this animal received before Middle Age. ( Togther with the fact that cats - from Tigers down to their tiny susbspecies - are the only species aside of men and apes who can be observed starring into empty space like sunken into thoughts, which tempts people to assume human-like processings.)

If that happens, and while your observation grows, you will find out that the older the cats gets, the more cute it will be.
Though its outer appearance becoming less fluffy than of a kitten, its enchanting character will beat any outer criteria.
The bounds get steadily tighter and tighter until the end.

So much that some cats which had died shorty after their owners were dissected and found to have died from the same internal desease.
Obviously feeling that much with the suffering person that they developed the exact same symptoms.

Popular stereotype bears nothing acurate about this animal, just as it knows near nothing about dogs, horses and cattle.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 16:17:57

Escribano

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Ruphus

Just to add to Ruphus's short list - don't dunk it in the bath either, they hate that

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 18:48:11

Ron.M

RE: Say hello to my little friend !! (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

So much that some cats which had died shorty after their owners were dissected and found to have died from the same internal desease.
Obviously feeling that much with the suffering person that they developed the exact same symptoms.

What? Cirrhosis of the liver too?
(Cat downs two bottles of whisky in deepest sympathy of dead owner)

quote:

Popular stereotype bears

Yeah, yeah...like Yogi and Baloo...

I hate that crap myself...bears are nothing like that!...

(Sorry Ruphus, just joking.... no harm meant.... you must know me for the stupid idiot I am by now surely? )

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2011 19:21:12
Page:   [1] 2 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll