Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4 5    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

XXX

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to omarhamdan89

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 17:32:27

Florian

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to XXX

what ?:-)...i am investing 10 bucs to make a point and make him happy in the process...it will come back to me 10 times more

ps. Omar if I do this you got 3 months to make a video of you playing it and upload it, make it worth my while and effort

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 17:34:11

Doitsujin

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to Florian

quote:

as a welcome gift i would like to buy you that tab tomorrow (payday )

Could you buy me a copy as well, coz Ia m a long term member and never got any presents? I´ll make a video for you in 1 month. (^_____________-)bb
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:11:20

[Deleted] (in reply to XXX

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:16:01

kudo

hey man, I have an active paypal and I WILL BUY FOR YOU ALL THE TABS ON RICARDOS WEBSITE IF AND ONLY IF YOU POST A VIDEO OF YOURSELF PLAYING YOUR GUITAR. AND YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME THE BEST THING YOU CAN PLAY SO THAT i can see if your level is suitable to learn this. IF I see that your level is good enough, I WILL BUY ALL THE TABS FOR YOU ON RICARDO'S WEBSITE.

this Rumba Cafe Solea is for 2 guitars. he has 2 guitars in his sample on his website. IF YOU ARE a beginner then this piece is going to be very hard for you to learn. Dont BOTHER learning it now, work on your techniques instead and start on something that is on your level, TABS WILL NOT HELP EVEN IF YOU GET THEM.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:19:08

Elie

Flo, you better get your as* outta this thread asap

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:23:16

[Deleted] (in reply to XXX

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:25:32

kudo

am I asking too much? or is it a good deal? what do you guys think? I would love to buy all the TABS for him, only if he proves to me that he is good enough. I think thats a good deal.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:28:49

Elie

yea I'm with you Ryan that's a good idea ... I'm curious to see what Omar can do

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:40:14

kudo

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to Elie

I think I have a good idea of what he is gonna do ,nothing is completely free, theres always some effort going somewhere.

ill even offer a BETTER deal:

I WILL BUY THE WHOLE CD , MP3 ALBUM + ALL THE TRANSCRIPTIONS FOR YOU IF YOU SHOW US HOW GOOD YOUR PLAYING IS , OMAR . AND I WILL HAVE EVERYONE HERE JUDGE YOUR PLAYING SO THAT MY JUDGEMENT WOULD BE FAIR

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 20:48:34

xirdneH_imiJ

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to kudo

someone please buy me the Borboreo book by Juan Carmona, please, i've earned it by judging and making statistics after challenges
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 21:07:31

kudo

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to xirdneH_imiJ

quote:

buy me the Borboreo book by Juan Carmona

since I did not make a deal with you, show me your playing and then MAYBE I will make a deal with you :)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 21:23:57

omarhamdan89

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to Elie

First of all Thanks a lot Florian :)
you are a good guy & am gona play it in less than month! coz i swear to god i'v dreamed about this piece lol !! & i will play the first & the second Guitar.

& Kudo thanks for your offer :) am gona do my best to proof that i am a good guitarist , btw am not a Beginner!
& i will upload videos for me playing on youtube, & you will see :)

i am waiting for your judge Foro ;)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 22:01:56

kudo

great! I cant wait to see it , when will you upload your playing?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 22:03:37

omarhamdan89

Maybe tomorrow or after tomorrow
i will upload 2 videos

;)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 22:23:19

Mark2

I've owned that album since it came out, and have always loved it. I bought the book a while ago-it was expensive. But since I'm friend's with Juan and respect him, I'm not going to copy his book.........

Ok, that's BS, I never met the dude, but i'm still not copying his book. Not directed at you Jimi(BTW, I always loved Jimi) but I don't get people who love flamenco so much they want to play it, but expect it to be free, or are unwilling to support the very people they are trying to emulate.

I know things have changed since I started learning in the early 80's and I'm pretty sure some of you guys would be shocked how much people spent trying to learn flamenco. Lessons, transcriptions, trips to spain, endless dance classes, etc etc etc.
Now some people expect it all for free. Hey, not that I didn't get free stuff along the way, but if I wanted something and it could be had with money, I bought it.

And I wasn't rich. But here's the thing which I know that most of you guys know-flamenco knowledge can't be bought or stolen, it has to be earned. I have that Juan book, and tons of other crap, but the stuff I learned well enough to perform, usually came from getting it by ear. There is no replacement for sticking your ear in a speaker, maybe slowing something down if need be, and figuring it out. If you base your playing on tabs, midi's or standard notation, you are going to be missing something most every time. Not saying those things aren't incredibly helpful, but there is a lot of information on the recording that isn't on the paper or in the midi.
Poor people can learn flamenco. My first teacher was born in Spain shortly after the civil war and was dirt poor. His family still found a way to pay for lessons for him. He told me he never forgot a single falseta in part because he knew his mom had used money they needed for food to pay for his lessons.
I guess it's progress that no one has to go hungry to learn flamenco these days, but I don't want the people who have inspired me and others to starve either.

quote:

ORIGINAL: xirdneH_imiJ

someone please buy me the Borboreo book by Juan Carmona, please, i've earned it by judging and making statistics after challenges

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 22:34:35

mezzo

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to Mark2

quote:

since I started learning in the early 80's and I'm pretty sure some of you guys would be shocked how much people spent trying to learn flamenco.

No I'm not. I'm aware that flamenco is an expensive hobby and if you expect to learn it for free you NEVER going to achieve something good.

But the situation nowoday is very different than in the 80's. The web 2.0 has made the understanding of the Arte much more easy. Not because of the tabs, this is BS for me, but for the access to all the recording, docu, explanations from other aficianados, sofware, pedagogic stuff...
You can LISTEN and WATCH flamenco all day long if you want and for free!! That's a really good thing.

Well you have to pay the Internet connexion so it's not really free

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 22:49:44

Mark2

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to mezzo

Mezzo,
I agree it is better today, but the artists still need to earn money, and if you want something that is not free on the interent, you should be happy to pay for it, considering all that is there for free. None of it used to be free.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 23:02:51

Florian

OLE Kudo ! i like your style

Omar...word of warning..dont take this lightly...i dont know what you play like but warm up a lot before you make the videos and do as many takes as you need...the forum can be generous at times but can also be strict at times ( but that's what helps all of us improve) ..especially now that you have to earn it and its kind of a challenge so treat it as such....

and good luck i hope you get it

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 23:30:31

xirdneH_imiJ

lol guys, i was kidding :)
i've spent lots of money on flamenco in recent years, bought books, tabs from Faucher, when i have the money i'm going to spend it on this kind of stuff...
right now i can't afford any, but fortunately i have enough stuff to keep me busy for a while...
btw i have much of my playing on youtube, gonna friend you in a bit :)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 23:39:57

Florian

quote:

someone buy me Juan Carmona...i invented the challenges ...and i made 8768 posts!! ...which if you were to mix down and compress would easily get about 500 decent ones, 100 funny moments...and about 30 sex and girls stories

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2011 23:52:10

kudo

I will buy it for you if theres an e-book for it and if its not too expensive

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 1:06:10

Florian

lol thank you amigo :-)... just kidding around

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 4:28:30

Elie

what now ?
a Group Hug ??

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 5:03:13

XXX

I already have the Juan book and all tracks and tabs by Ricardo. What else can you offer?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 7:31:28

mezzo

quote:

Mezzo,
I agree it is better today, but the artists still need to earn money, and if you want something that is not free on the interent, you should be happy to pay for it, considering all that is there for free. None of it used to be free.

http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=46605&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=pirating&tmode=&smode=&s=#46614

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 11:26:19

El Kiko

This thread went a bit weird for a while, sure some people want things for free and there is a lot of free stuff and free lessons and free sites around , some are better than others, . Theres certainly a lot of stuff to see and hear, I see a lot of people use Guitar Pro TAbs here, thats something I don't have and I think it is a bit expensive for me.
But a lot of stuff isn't ,I wanted some Flamenco DVD material, which was a bit , but I really wanted it , so I saved for a while and then one day .... bingo ...
I think it was worth it, I save from time to time to make sure I have spare strings, etc..

quote:

most of you guys know-flamenco knowledge can't be bought or stolen, it has to be earned

I definately agree with that...
the problem with giving things to people is that it has to be even across the board or you have decided that some people are worth more effort that others....
Again once you have the internet (expense there) and a guitar ( bit more expense)
the rest of it is sweat and being resourceful, and of course being on a site like this with like minded people,....you know we are very lucky to have this place.....gotta say thanks to the top man , cos this place is free..........
yeah .... group hug....why not.......

Don't trust Atoms.....they make up everything.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 17:37:01

dararith

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to El Kiko

I bought his album and also his madera sonora tab. It's good quality in PDF with added fingering/note to certain ambiguous sections. Buy if you can and support a fellow member out!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 18:03:58

Florian

RE: ricardo marlow - cafe sole Tab (in reply to dararith

quote:

the problem with giving things to people is that it has to be even across the board or you have decided that some people are worth more effort that others..

honestly i discovered that the more choices and free stuff you get the less you do and are able to focus on one...,just end up wanting to have things for the sake of having them...start something ... and if it dosent feel comfortable or flowing straight away ( as most new stuff dont) or hitt a more difficult part you end up moving on too quickly..you dont appreciate it enough

same with software or albums...the less you have the more you give it the respect it deserves.....so less really is more

if you only had 1 book of tablature i bet you would play each piece proper...or dont spend hours going through your books trying to decide what to learn and end up not learning anything...sometimes too much choice just slows you down and distracts you

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 6 2011 22:39:39

kudo

hey Omar, I would like to see this before next Tuesday ,April 12th. thats your deadline. why? because I spend lots of money on my payday, covering my bills, so if I dont buy it for you before the 12th, then I will only get you the rumba transcription and nothing else.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 7 2011 0:49:55
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3 4 5    >   >>
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4 5    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post