Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Algeria   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

RE: Algeria (in reply to Arash

quote:

why did we start political discussions in flamenco foro ......its all Rons fault

Arash,

With respect ('cos you are always pretty moderate)..my initial post was really about ordinary people getting fed up with the political classes feathering their own nest and deciding to do something about it.

NOT about inter-country politics and feuds.

Until Rain hijacked it.

I can't keep a 24hr watch on this thread...so anymore partisan crap from anyone and the thread is locked or deleted.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 16:48:11

Rain

RE: Algeria (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

Until Rain hijacked it.

There you go.

Free Palestine
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 16:58:31

Ruphus

Arash,

That´s a weird perspective. Shah comparable to Mossadegh, and betrayal to the opposition who pathed one´s way equaling cleverness ...
To me killing one´s own headways and supporters would mean something completely else than out of all being clever.

And the controversy in the end between the Shah and the US interests entirely differs ethically.
Mossadegh `got in the way´for being an upright democrat.
Whereas the Shah seems to have lost his support in the aftermath of his inferiority complex as a pseudo aristocrat, because of which he after a while of being puppy in phantasy uniforms felt urged to start playing a bit of sulky independence theatre before his US leaders and before the local power of the Bazaris ( traders ). For that he eyed with selling oil to the USSR and with building a new bazar ( which would had lessened power / privileges of the established traders ), which both weren´t appreciated plans.

( That kind of a puppet-on-strings getting cheeky before the US-patronage was the same reason for Saddam´s send down. Saddam having become too self-confident, Bush senior gave him an OK for invading Kuweit, only so that the US army could then march in and rebuke. Similar drops happened to astray going underlings of other dictaturs as well, who curiously all used to ail and die right after withdrawal / exil.)

Anyway, Mossadegh was a sovereign and sincere man whose background for having been removed by remote powers can´t by any means be compared to the self-centered removal background of thelikes like Shah or Saddam, Noriega & co.

Can it be that you don´t consider ethical aspects too much with the way that you watch things?
There besides was a post of me dealing with such to which you at first intended to contribute some thoughts to, however didn´t.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 17:46:42

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron.M

quote:

why did we start political discussions in flamenco foro ......its all Rons fault

Arash,

With respect ('cos you are always pretty moderate)..my initial post was really about ordinary people getting fed up with the political classes feathering their own nest and deciding to do something about it.

NOT about inter-country politics and feuds.

Until Rain hijacked it.

I can't keep a 24hr watch on this thread...so anymore from anyone and the thread is locked or deleted.

cheers,

Ron

man Ron, you know me since how many years now....and you should know that i don't mean it that way !...... same with your posts in which you complain about modern stuff............. (even if there are no smileys).... i never mean such posts serious

no its not your fault ! we are all responsible for our own contributions....
political discussions always end up like this (or even much worth).
we will leave at that

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 17:50:32

Arash

RE: Algeria (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ruphus

Arash,

That´s a weird perspective. Shah comparable to Mossadegh, and betrayal to the opposition who pathed one´s way equaling cleverness ...
To me killing one´s own headways and supporters would mean something completely else than out of all being clever.

And the controversy in the end between the Shah and the US interests entirely differs ethically.
Mossadegh `got in the way´for being an upright democrat.
Whereas the Shah seems to have lost his support in the aftermath of his inferiority complex as a pseudo aristocrat, because of which he after a while of being puppy in phantasy uniforms felt urged to start playing a bit of sulky independence theatre before his US leaders and before the local power of the Bazaris ( traders ). For that he eyed with selling oil to the USSR and with building a new bazar ( which would had lessened power / privileges of the established traders ), which both weren´t appreciated plans.

( That kind of a puppet-on-strings getting cheeky before the US-patronage was the same reason for Saddam´s send down. Saddam having become too self-confident, Bush senior gave him an OK for invading Kuweit, only so that the US army could then march in and rebuke. Similar drops happened to astray going underlings of other dictaturs as well, who curiously all used to ail and die right after withdrawal / exil.)

Anyway, Mossadegh was a sovereign and sincere man whose background for having been removed by remote powers can´t by any means be compared to the self-centered removal background of thelikes like Shah or Saddam, Noriega & co.

Can it be that you don´t consider ethical aspects too much with the way that you watch things?
There besides was a post of me dealing with such to which you at first intended to contribute some thoughts to, however didn´t.

Ruphus

see, thats what i mean.
you pick out a single aspect of what i said and come to the conclusion that i don't see things from an ethical point of view.

yeah, sorry about the other thread, i forgot that. i will get back to it.

for now, i am also finished here before it gets heated

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 17:56:12

Ron.M

OK Arash...

Anyway F all this....

Is THAT the way Tomatito silenced the beat or not?

Or has everyone lost interest in it, in favour of politics?

It took me a couple of hours this afternoon to get my video connected to the computer and make all those posts.

I can see/hear all the other politico stuff and more on the Telly and Radio anytime.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 17:59:40

XXX

quote:

im not sure Ron
maybe the CIA has its fingers in this game... subconscious audio manipulation ? Is this the matrix?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 18:06:23

Arash

RE: Algeria (in reply to XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deniz

quote:

im not sure Ron
maybe the CIA has its fingers in this game... subconscious audio manipulation ? Is this the matrix?

CIA is Lame
it was the Muslimbruderschaft

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 18:13:24

Arash

look guys, at the end of the day, i don't give a damn if you are muslim, jew, yankee, satanic, agnostic, atheist, iranian, arab, german, scottish, american, eskimo or whatever...... as long as you play in Compas !

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 18:18:39

Ron.M

quote:

see, thats what i mean.

Yeah...but I don't have the time right now to translate what Ruphus means..

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 18:25:34

Doitsujin

quote:

bist du irgendwie gerade aufgewacht oder so ?
wie kann etwas cool und gleichzeitig wie tagesschau sein?
ausserdem ist da überhaupt keine komik dabei.
nur etwas sarkasmus, die aber wiederum alles auf wahrheit basiert.
man doit, schaue es doch bitte mal genau an nach einem kaffee oder so

Zu Befehl Herr General ;.)

Ich meine doch nicht hip oder so..ich meinte neutral, seriös. Der Typ da spricht im Tonfall von the daily show. Ich mag so Berichterstattung nicht weil sie den Hörer manipuliert. Es gibt immer 2 Sichtweisen. Jeder Mensch sollte sich seine eigene Meinung bilden können ohne durch sowas manipuliert zu werden. Wenn McCain ein Volltrottel ist, dann merkt man das auch ohne comedyshow. Mich erinnert der Style auch sehr an die Promi-Schmierblättchen die beim Arzt ausliegen. Die faken ihre Bilder und Storys... was soll man dann noch glauben? Daher bin ich für langweilig gehaltene , neutrale und objektive News... Aber ..naja.. wo bekommt man sowas überhaupt? Gibts das?
Die Sachen die da in Afrika passieren sind wirklich schlimm. Ich kann dich gut verstehen Arash. Ich sollte mich da raus halten... Laufe eh Gefahr missinterpretiert zu werden. Bei so harten Themen will ich auf keinen Fall zwischen die Fronten geraten...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 21:48:37

Arash

RE: Algeria (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doitsujin

quote:

bist du irgendwie gerade aufgewacht oder so ?
wie kann etwas cool und gleichzeitig wie tagesschau sein?
ausserdem ist da überhaupt keine komik dabei.
nur etwas sarkasmus, die aber wiederum alles auf wahrheit basiert.
man doit, schaue es doch bitte mal genau an nach einem kaffee oder so

Zu Befehl Herr General ;.)

Ich meine doch nicht hip oder so..ich meinte neutral, seriös. Der Typ da spricht im Tonfall von the daily show. Ich mag so Berichterstattung nicht weil sie den Hörer manipuliert. Es gibt immer 2 Sichtweisen. Jeder Mensch sollte sich seine eigene Meinung bilden können ohne durch sowas manipuliert zu werden. Wenn McCain ein Volltrottel ist, dann merkt man das auch ohne comedyshow. Mich erinnert der Style auch sehr an die Promi-Schmierblättchen die beim Arzt ausliegen. Die faken ihre Bilder und Storys... was soll man dann noch glauben? Daher bin ich für langweilig gehaltene , neutrale und objektive News... Aber ..naja.. wo bekommt man sowas überhaupt? Gibts das?
Die Sachen die da in Afrika passieren sind wirklich schlimm. Ich kann dich gut verstehen Arash. Ich sollte mich da raus halten... Laufe eh Gefahr missinterpretiert zu werden. Bei so harten Themen will ich auf keinen Fall zwischen die Fronten geraten...

ne hast schon recht.
sorry, ich war auch etwas unfreundlich und aggro heute morgen.
man sollte eigentlich den ganzen politikscheiss wenigstens hier im forum lassen. ich weiss auch nicht warum ich eigentlich garnicht über den kram hier reden will, es aber dann doch tue wenn sowas anfängt. schizo!

wie Ron schon sagte.....F___ all this....

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 22:27:29

Doitsujin

All right.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 6 2011 22:51:09

mezzo

2 things i'de like to contest here

quote:

Algeria besides had very heroic resistance against chauvinistic and brute French occupiers,

For those interested in this episode, i recommand to watch "the battle of Algiers" By G. Pontecorvo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Algiers

Here's the trailer

And here's the part 1/13 of the movie

quote:

you just read what you are dictated to read.

Once i read the Noam Chomsky's book "manufacturing consent" and this book just opened my eyes on how the dominant medias works...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_Consent:_The_Political_Economy_of_the_Mass_Media

Here's the 1st part of a document where he talk about this concept.

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 7 2011 15:59:05

Ron.M

RE: Algeria (in reply to mezzo

Nah mezzo...

It was a good trailer, very good...but if you Frenchies need some help on dissention control, then the British are your guys...

Join the Professionals...

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?cid=360217

PS: The thing that astonishes me is that this event took place in 1919!
No need for cover-ups or wikileaks back then.... All proper behaviour, old bean.
"Firm, but fair."

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 7 2011 20:26:52

mezzo

Ah the english phlegm!

Nowadays, this kind of operations are just cover-up by terms like military blunder, airstrikes mistakes...oups we kill 33 civilians we're so sorry! but ya know it's collateral dammage...

Anyway imo the WASP are great in dissention control.
Maybe this is different for what you point out in 1919...but hey! that's the spirit

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 8 2011 11:21:33
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post