Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

XXX

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to Rain

Aha. I guess the answer is they dont exist. Thats all i need to hear

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 14:23:14

Rain

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to XXX

You are so ridiculous Deniz and full of **** mate. I challenged you before and you came up with a tear jerker about how you are recovering from a serious finger injury, yet you post about traveling 2 hrs a day to accompany a dance class shortly after and post a minera video on youtube. If your finger is better that is its no longer stuck in your ass, than why don't you enter the Rinconces challenge or you and I can have could our own in. I would have no problem embarrassing you my self-loathing Turk.

Free Palestine
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 14:42:37

XXX

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to Rain

You are taking this a bit too serious.
Just upload some composition just like i did with the Minera, or shut up IMO.
Im not saying im good or anything, but at least i show where i stand and dont talk big about composition etc.
Btw Shroomy uploaded an excellent Solea years ago, just in case you wonder why i am defending him, or even just for you to know where HE stands.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 15:00:20

Rain

Deniz, I will upload when a composition of mine when I choose to not when you want me to. I will upload for the Rincones competition, and I know you won't, because you are more of a critic than a player in my opinion.
I did not ask for your response, nor did I ever say that I was a composer, you just took it upon yourself to basically attack me. You made it clear to me how you felt about me at a prior time, and I stayed away from you since. I don't like you you don't like me, the end, but I choose to stay away from but you just cannot seem to get enough of me.

By the way thats a cute baby picture of you.

Hosca kal.

Free Palestine
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 15:41:03

Arash

calm down guys please.

---

of course, if i could read notes, then i could use the notes i already have (posted here) and wouldn't have to ask for tabs. - i am not sure about other benefits though. maybe its true that it opens a new door (understanding harmony, better understanding of other details, etc.) - maybe not. i can't say anything about that, simply because i don't know the difference.

i just remember that many years ago, i started to learn notes and got bored very fast and gave it up. maybe at that time i was just too lazy too.

i guess a good answer to this question can only be given from someone who learned flamenco without reading notes , then later learned notation. he/she could tell the difference. not me.

btw, what about Paco ? is it true that he couldn't read notes and learned it very late (i don't remember exactly,,, some say that he can't read notes up till now, some said he learned it later)....?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 15:48:20

mezzo

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to Arash

you mean this kind of notes?

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 17:02:42

henrym3483

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to mezzo

boys calm down or the thread will be locked and deleted. no direct personal attacks
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 19:58:42

[Deleted] (in reply to henrym3483

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 21:52:42

Paul Magnussen

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to orsonw

quote:

flamencos learn by ear not reading music or even tabs. If the results are musically ignorant then I guess I'm happy to be ignorant too.

Yes you can be a good guitarist without reading music or leaning music theory. If you have the talent then you can even be a great guitarist, like Sabicas or Django Reinhardt.

What you will not be able to do is communicate with other musicians who do not share your speciality. Nor will you be able to cope with flamenco transcriptions available only in staff notation, such as Faucher's Montoya book or Trotter's Sabicas and Escudero transcriptions.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 21:53:44

XXX

I expected nothing different. It was also a legitimate question to upload your composing, dont see any attacking in that. You decided to dig out old matters, not me. I never left the context of this thread. Just to correct the wrong citing, i only play once a month in a dance class. Stop stalking my posts about your old feelings Just let it go. Rincones has also nothing to do with you, dont try to get me into something with you. I never challenged you anyway.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 5 2011 7:53:38

Doitsujin

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to Paul Magnussen

quote:

What you will not be able to do is communicate with other musicians who do not share your speciality

Tomatito made 2 CDs with michel camillo at the piano. And for (at least) the first CD, they had to show Tomatito the chords and stuff he needed for some tracks to play with Camillo.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 5 2011 8:58:51

orsonw

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to Paul Magnussen

quote:

Yes you can be a good guitarist without reading music or leaning music theory. If you have the talent then you can even be a great guitarist, like Sabicas or Django Reinhardt.

What you will not be able to do is communicate with other musicians who do not share your speciality. Nor will you be able to cope with flamenco transcriptions available only in staff notation, such as Faucher's Montoya book or Trotter's Sabicas and Escudero transcriptions.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

I think this is a good point and explains why often there can be conflict on the foro.
We are all interested in flamenco but have different agendas. For example I only play flamenco and only with other flamencos, so notation and theory has never been a way music is communicated. I have no desire to learn solo pieces from the written page. I don't think music theory couldn't be helpful it's just low on my list of learning goals; other tools are more neccessary for me.
Others may have a musical agenda where it's more important to use theory to understand and to communicate. No way is better we just have different needs, different musical ambitions needing different tools. How hard can it be to live with that without insulting each other? Personally I enjoy the different perspectives and hope to learn something.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 5 2011 9:49:37

karbor

RE: Rio de la Miel - Transcription (in reply to Arash

hi arash, i have alain faucher,s transcription of rio de la miel. i can send it for you , if you like
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 17 2011 21:14:29
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post