Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Flamenco blanca for sale   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

TANúñez

Flamenco blanca for sale 

I just received a new Shelton-Farretta blanca with machine tuners if anyone is looking for a new guitar. It has a very fast action and is fun to play. It's also very light and comfortable to play.

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 19 2003 20:49:07

Patrick

RE: Flamenco blanca for sale (in reply to TANúñez

Zurdo,

Who are you kidding? You know Shelton's suck big time! Tell you what. And this is only because I like you see. Go ahead and send it to me and I'll be send you, oh, how about $1,000. I know it's not worth it, but like I said, I like you and I'm trying to help you out.

By the way Merle, I still haven’t received those guitars you said you were sending me. I really did put the check in the mail...really.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 19 2003 23:37:33

TANúñez

RE: Flamenco blanca for sale (in reply to Patrick

Patrick tell you what. I'll sell you this one at regular price and let you put me in your DeVoe waiting list spot for free. Now that's a deal man.

Tom Núñez
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 2:16:46

eslastra

Hey Tom,

Just played the Shelton-Ferrata you sold to Ted recently. Excellent piece of work all around. Light as a feather and a breeze to play. I like the old world nasal quality of sound it has, very much like what's heard on the old Nino Ricardo and Melchor de Marchena recordings. Interesting that they have been able to duplicate this tonal quality. Tom Whiteley's Manuel de la Chica is one of the few guitars I know of that have this type of sound.

Eddie Lastra
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 5:46:13

TANúñez

RE: Flamenco blanca for sale (in reply to eslastra

Hi Eddie. I didn't know you were a friend of Ted's. Please give him my regards next time you speak to him.

I love that old world sound of the Shelton. It's also probably one of the easiest guitars I've every played as well.

Did you get those Gato strings on yet? Let me know what you think.

Tom Núñez
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 12:27:57

Merle

RE: Flamenco blanca for sale (in reply to Patrick

Yea, Patrick, I know you did...and the damn thing bounced, just like I figured it would!! Always trying to get something for nothing!!

I'm getting my new Devoe blanca, my new Aaron Green negra, and my new Conde this week, probably tomorrow. When I get them, re-send me a better check, then I will ship my you my Carpio!!

Merle

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 13:34:50

Patrick

Eddie,

As you may or may not be aware, I also own a Shelton/Farreta blanca. It's interesting that you mentioned the "Old World" tone. I have also said the exact same thing in the past.

One reason their instruments have this tone may be because they have literally immersed themselves in older flamenco recordings. I have been to their shop and home many times. They have hundreds and hundreds of recordings. Likely 90% or more are pre 1960's. Lots of Ramon Montaya, Deigo type of stuff. John can't stand to listen to the new stuff.

What's also interesting is their negras also have that edge to them that most don't. Most negras to me sound like classical's, with a tap plate on them.

Pat
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 17:42:40

Patrick

Merle,

You can go ahead and send those guitars out. I sent you a new check. Really, I did.

Pat
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 17:44:08

Thomas Whiteley

RE: Flamenco blanca for sale (in reply to eslastra

Eddie;

Listening to more recent recordings of say Paco Pena, you think you are listening to a dragonaut guitar with steel strings! I would like to know how much of that is the guitar and how much the "recording engineer"?

My Manuel de la Chica is a very nice guitar and easy to play.

Tom
http://home.comcast.net/~flamencoguitar/flamenco.html
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 20 2003 23:58:42

gerundino63

RE: Flamenco blanca for sale (in reply to Thomas Whiteley

Hi, Tom!

I resently red an interview with Paco Pena, and he said, he owns over 50 guitars, yes, 50, but he is playing for more than 20 years on the same Gerundino
greetings, Peter.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 21 2003 8:23:46
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote