Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Solea por bulerias compas ideas for dance accompaniment   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

dararith

Solea por bulerias compas ideas for ... 

Hello all! I just recently joined this awesome community and this is my first post, so hopefully I don't get chewed out if I asked something that's already been said or inappropriate.

Anyway, I searched for Solea por bulerias tabs, but I did not find a lot of stuff for compas stuff specifically, or short falsetas that emphasizes the compas accents without losing too much of the rhythmic feeling. I do see a lot of great mp3s posted on this forum where everyone did beautiful compas sections in between the falsetas, but alas, with no video or tab, it's hard for me to follow. I would like these because I am fairly new to flamenco and I'm accompanying a dance class where I play the same 2-3 variants of a solea por buleria section and I know they are bored out of their skulls (heh, even I'm bored of it...). My playing lacks energy and drive. Every now and then I look on youtube and I try to 'steal' small sections for various parts I like (i.e. a basic arpeggio/alzapua section on beats 7-8-9-10) and I try to groove it to my library of of cut-and-paste compas that I play, but a lot of times I can't follow all of it.

I hope this makes sense. The video/tabs can be your own creation with whatever compas chord voicing and technique you like (i.e. a basic arpeggio sequence, short alzapua on specific beats, or even fully laid out compas playing...etc). Anybody have any of these to share? Any small bit would help ... modern or traditional.

Thanks!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 27 2010 20:32:48

dararith

RE: Solea por bulerias compas ideas ... (in reply to dararith

For the sake of moving along with ideas:

1) I've seen Chicuelo do some variant of the following form:

Beats 7-8-9-10 of the compas (you might have to raise your screen resolution for this),

------------------1P0------1P0-------------------------0--
-----------3-----3----------3-------3P2----------------2--
-------3---------3----------3--------------------2------3--
---2------------------------------------------------------2--
---------------------------------------------------------- 0--
--------------------------------------------------------------

2) I also know that folks do a picado run on the same 7-8-9-10 beats, but I'm not sure what it could be. My guess is this..from what I hear, which is probably really basic:

-------------------------------------------------------
-----3---2---0--------------------------------------
--------------------3---2---0------------------------
-----------------------------------4---3---1---0----

Where beats 7,8,9 each start on a new string, respectively...and last open note is for beat 10.

I know this is all really basic, and some can find these in compas DVD/book sets, etc...but maybe you have your own variation of something that you do and can contribute. I'll post up interesting versions of my own, but thought I could get started with something.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 30 2010 19:40:22

at_leo_87

for chords, try playing chords that you normally would for a letra you know. for the rhythm, try to imitate the dancer with your rasgueados and cuts.

and check out this intro. it's easy and will spice things up.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 31 2010 13:37:05

Stu

RE: Solea por bulerias compas ideas ... (in reply to at_leo_87

just tabbed this..

no golpe indications or fingerings. plus no little rythmic nuances...but you can work it out yourselves..

also missed last compas

hope its ok to post this, if any probs someone tell me and ill take it down

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 4 2011 12:49:08

dararith

RE: Solea por bulerias compas ideas ... (in reply to Stu

Thanks for tabbing this out! The beginning part is strikingly similar to Tomatito's version. Check it:

I'm trying to tab out various small sections of this...though this isn't for dance accompaniment specifically, I think some of the rhythmic variations and ideas are appropriate.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2011 18:18:06

aleksi

That Joses falseta is really good! Thanks for posting that Anthony. I need to learn some solbul for dance also and this is exatly what I need. Rhytmic, sticky :) and technicly awailable.

Hey Dararits, this could be helpful for you. Theres some nice rhytmic variations in the compas and couple of letra circles for chords.
118 - 124 theres a doable fill in. 210 - 220 at the end of the falseta theres a good final phrase that can be installed to compas.
I just picked up these because for me they seem playable and can be learnt relatevily quickly. Lots of other stuff going on in the compas and remates.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 8 2011 10:23:09

dararith

RE: Solea por bulerias compas ideas ... (in reply to aleksi

Hey! Thanks for that aleksi! I really enjoyed hearing that accompaniment. It's really helpful to just hear a lot of other people's variations and their take on the compas. The remate that you mentioned starting at 2:10 is nice and I'm going to try to reproduce it when I get home later today. There are a lot of variations in your compas and I like the material you used. I'll have to analyze it in more detail...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 18 2011 17:45:42

at_leo_87

damn, aleksi, that is some excellent playing! great ideas and really solid, groovy playing!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 18 2011 18:33:05

orsonw

Ole! Aleksi
I really enjoyed your playing. This video is a bit blurry, any chance of a slow version of the intro and the falseta starting at 1.55?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 18 2011 19:26:18

aleksi

hey, thanks guys, but thats our Henrik from sweden
This is the clip he won the accompanying challange.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 18 2011 19:38:19

NormanKliman

¡¡¡Oleeee Henrik!!!

Be here now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 19 2011 8:06:20

at_leo_87

HA! i was wondering when did you shave your head.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 19 2011 12:50:06
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post