Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask about someone you don't like   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Yojimbo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Estevan

To Estevan

More pointless name calling.

What's the point? Do you have low esteem? Are you insecure and find that putting other people down on webforums somehow compensates for your deficiencies? Does posting stuff like this make you feel better about yourself?

Do you do this in the real world in face-to-face situations or do you only do it from the anonymity and safety of a webforum?

I grew out of the urge to call people names long before I became a teenager. But you, apparently, didn't.

Please explain your motives - I'm interested in hearing how you think.

The universe is indeed expanding - to get away from this planet.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 3:04:19

kudo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Yojimbo

and the fun begins again *kicks back and grabs a popcorn*

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 3:43:28

jaggedsphere

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Florian

quote:

..her name is Jessica statham, lives in Sydney, i am sure she would be very flattered by the compliment

Well she has such a great vibe to her! Only makes me wish we had much more going on here in Ottawa for flamenco.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 5:07:39

Florian

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to kudo

thank you for the nice compliment rumbaking you are very kind if its what you like there's no reason why u cant...just hook up with some dancers or flamenco schools in your city...the first phone call and the going in is the only thing after that it just happens naturally

quote:

Well she has such a great vibe to her

I agree, shes lovely, and performed like a champ in this Alegrias, it was never meant to have been that fast, i think i got excited cause of the crowd and it was second to last number and did it a LOT faster than it was sopossed to be lol we had a big lough after, i kept telling her she looked like a dancer being fast forwarded, ..she was a great sport, kept her composure.. totally my fault, started it too fast...felt so bad after, at one point i remember even thinking to myself " sh*t this is really fast" ......but she never slowed me down, she could have

but after doing it this fast, i prefer it at this speed, projects more of the Alegrias energy IMO

quote:

Only makes me wish we had much more going on here in Ottawa for flamenco.

what it like over there ? Ottawa is a big city i would assume you would have a few flamenco schools

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 7:06:06

chester

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yojimbo

To Estevan

What's the point? Do you have low esteem? Are you insecure and find that putting other people down on webforums somehow compensates for your deficiencies? Does posting stuff like this make you feel better about yourself?

Do you do this in the real world in face-to-face situations or do you only do it from the anonimity and safety of a webforum?

I grew out of the urge to call people names long before I became a teenager. But you, apparently, didn't.

No offense but -

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 7:15:04

Yojimbo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to chester

quote:

ORIGINAL: chester

quote:

To Estevan

Do you do this in the real world in face-to-face situations or do you only do it from the anonymity and safety of a webforum?

No offense but -

I don't take offense, but I do think it's a pity you didn't make this comment in response to some of the other posts here.

Now, wrt to my post to Estevan, I want to hear from him why he felt it necessary to post that stuff. Either he has a self esteem problem and can't help himself or.......well, I can't think of an or that makes sense to me. But I'd like to learn one.

Estevan? You there? You were happy to come back here to correct Anders' misinterpretation. How about coming back again and answering my question?

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 7:45:53

Munin

quote:

blah blah

Dude, how about you just let the Doc handle his own reputation management? I'm sure if he was as professional and sensible in his conduct as you make him out to be, he'd make a great addition to the Foro. Oh, wait...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 7:50:50

Florian

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Munin

seriously Yojimbo you didn't need to say anymore, you made your point about 6 posts ago, you were right that noone deserves to be bashed especially if they not here to defend themselves (i am 100% for that), leave it at that, live on a high note...

all one can do is leave an opinion , no one can change anyone's mind or convince anyone to see anything differently

thing is Ruben was here before and speaking the same way (that offends you so) about other teachers and members here so .....its not totally undeserved and unsolicited, you are not exactly defending an angel...if you say insulting things to people well guess what , they wont like you...so its not a surprise some members here dislike him is it ? can you blame them ?

but i still think its no good bashing people who aren't here to answer back, not for their benefit ...for ours, to have a neutral forum, fair for all

my only hope is that we can find some common ground to avoid this thread being locked down like little kids being punished, proving once more we need to be supervised.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 8:11:33

Arash

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Ricardo

I wanted to post this video Ruben accompaning Guadiana some time ago and say exactly the same, that this must be one of the poorest accompaning i have seen from a guitarist. But i canceled the idea because i didn't want to mention Ruben's name anymore in the foro.
Ruben doesn't let Guadiana sing and is just waiting for his next falsetta to show off. I can see that Guadiana is confused with this guy many times, and just to don't hurt his feeling, lets him play with an "ole".

There is another video Ruben trying to warm up with others including that flute player...... he is totally lost and doesn't know what to play......don't find it right now..

Anyway, i hope (and am quite shure that Guadiana won't sing with this guy again)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 11:55:36

BarkellWH

quote:

Estevan? You there? You were happy to come back here to correct Anders' misinterpretation. How about coming back again and answering my question?

What sort of problem with self eteem do you have, Yojimbo, that you assume anyone has an obligation to answer your question just because you post it; and then you arrogantly prompt him when you don't receive an answer?

Cheers,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 13:54:50

Yojimbo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to BarkellWH

quote:

ORIGINAL: BarkellWH

quote:

What sort of problem with self eteem do you have, Yojimbo, that you assume anyone has an obligation to answer your question just because you post it; and then you arrogantly prompt him when you don't receive an answer?

Cheers,

Bill

No self esteem problems at all Bill. But then, I'm not the one posting derogatory comments here.

Go bark up another tree.

No answer to my question yet I see.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 15:32:27

Yojimbo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Munin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Munin

quote:

blah blah

Dude, how about you just let the Doc handle his own reputation management? I'm sure if he was as professional and sensible in his conduct as you make him out to be, he'd make a great addition to the Foro. Oh, wait...

It's not because it's Ruben, it's the principle that offends me. I'd speak up regardless of who is the subject of posts I find offensive.

It's a pity the moderators don't do the same and impose some order on an otherwise good webforum.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 15:36:22

Morante

quote:

I don't especially like cante though - by anyone.

Me parece, si no te gusta el cante, que no tienes derecho ninguno de hacer comentario sobre el acompanimiento: el cante y la guitarra son como mellizos.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 15:52:16

Munin

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Morante

quote:

ORIGINAL: Morante

quote:

I don't especially like cante though - by anyone.

Me parece, si no te gusta el cante, que no tienes derecho ninguno de hacer comentario sobre el acompanimiento: el cante y la guitarra son como mellizos.

Agreed. Not trying to come off as arrogant, but I believe that if one doesn't like cante, one doesn't like flamenco, period.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 16:04:48

jaggedsphere

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Florian

quote:

what it like over there ? Ottawa is a big city i would assume you would have a few flamenco schools

Well there is one dedicated flamenco studio. The woman who runs and owns is is a real doll and great person. Thing is, is that the studio has no guitarists available for accompaniment! There is one guitarist in Ottawa who seems versed in flamenco guitar but I do not believe he does much with dancers.

Sometimes I would really like to go to a venue and see flamenco on a weekend night but that only happens here a couple of times a year.

Ottawa tends to be a very conservative(booooring ) town.(Nation's capital)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 16:56:09

kudo

Yojimbo, just 5 mins ago I un-friended and blocked your prof on facebook. I went from neutral towards him to completely against that con-artist!

why? my online experience with him so far was nuetral (i talked about it before) well everything I have been reading/hearing so far was people's opinion of him, that includes people who met him and people who never met him.however, all the people who met him that I know (except you and another guy i know) are not guitarists. so what he does in his life (which i know about), outside his guitar business is different.
so until this point, I did not read anything truly negative that comes from the mouth of one of his face to face students who had a first hand experience with him

so what changed my mind?
his poor ex-student spoke the truth of Ruben on a spanish flamenco forum of all the cheating that happened and even showed recent copy/paste emails with him.
things went up as serious taking legal action. all this stuff happened very recently!
the only way for his student to get revenge was to tell the world of what happened.

you have to learn from the first hand experience of others, theres solid evidence in what he said!

If you choose to continue taking lessons with him and all that, its your choice, but I really wonder how far you will go in flamenco after taking lessons with him. not to mention that you never showed us a video of your playing. im not trying to offend you or anything. I dont know good you are and im not judging your playing.

another first hand experience here is Rumbaking, who took lessons from Ruben and then took lessons with Ricardo. just look at how much his playing has improved (I was acually impressed when I saw his latest video) and how much more he benefited from lessons with Ricardo.

maybe you have to really think about how well you are doing and how much you are learning from Ruben, and forget about trying to defend Ruben for now

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 17:19:06

Anders Eliasson

Why is it so important for you guys to discuss Ruben Diaz?????

I ask both sides of the discussion. I just dont get it.
The guy is not here (there were a reason) But its far out to so much energy on someone not here. Dont we other things to discuss?

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 17:53:39

Munin

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to Anders Eliasson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson

Why is it so important for you guys to discuss Ruben Diaz?????

I ask both sides of the discussion. I just dont get it.
The guy is not here (there were a reason) But its far out to so much energy on someone not here. Dont we other things to discuss?

Why not? If you don't wanna discuss it, don't read the thread. Isn't that the point of a forum? You read what you find interesting and skip what you don't like. It's not like there's 1 valuable thread being removed for every new post in this one...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 18:03:48

Yojimbo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to ask... (in reply to kudo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kudo

Yojimbo, just 5 mins ago I un-friended and blocked your prof on facebook. I went from neutral towards him to completely against that con-artist!

why? my online experience with him so far was nuetral (i talked about it before) well everything I have been reading/hearing so far was people's opinion of him, that includes people who met him and people who never met him.however, all the people who met him that I know (except you and another guy i know) are not guitarists. so what he does in his life (which i know about), outside his guitar business is different.
so until this point, I did not read anything truly negative that comes from the mouth of one of his face to face students who had a first hand experience with him

so what changed my mind?
his poor ex-student spoke the truth of Ruben on a spanish flamenco forum of all the cheating that happened and even showed recent copy/paste emails with him.
things went up as serious taking legal action. all this stuff happened very recently!
the only way for his student to get revenge was to tell the world of what happened.

you have to learn from the first hand experience of others, theres solid evidence in what he said!

If you choose to continue taking lessons with him and all that, its your choice, but I really wonder how far you will go in flamenco after taking lessons with him. not to mention that you never showed us a video of your playing. im not trying to offend you or anything. I dont know good you are and im not judging your playing.

another first hand experience here is Rumbaking, who took lessons from Ruben and then took lessons with Ricardo. just look at how much his playing has improved (I was acually impressed when I saw his latest video) and how much more he benefited from lessons with Ricardo.

maybe you have to really think about how well you are doing and how much you are learning from Ruben, and forget about trying to defend Ruben for now

I can't comment on what that student's issue is - all I can say is that I don't have anything similar from my end. You are, of course, entitled to friend or un-friend whomever you like.

As I said before, it's the principle that bothers me - I just don't think that one should post derogatory messages about other people, regardless of who it is.

As to my playing, I would like to post something but I'm very much a beginner and I don't see the point. I already know I need lots of work.

As to my choice in teachers, I'm ok with my current choice for now but I have been considering switching to try someone different. There's a guy in Toronto where I live who I believe is pretty good and at some point in the not too distant future I'll be switching.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 18:06:26

Ron.M

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to axe... (in reply to Yojimbo

quote:

I just don't think that one should post derogatory messages about other people, regardless of who it is.

Is "Professor-Doctor-Mahatma-SwamiRube" derogatory?

If so can you tell me in what way ?

In connection with your gripe...As far as I can see, Estevan was merely mentioning two new and interesting words he had picked up from the PdL Forum.

The fact that they were written there in connection with Prof Swami is neither here nor there IMO...

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 18:34:47

Escribano

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to axe... (in reply to Ron.M

Umm, Ruben should never have gone to Spain. Tsk, tsk.

http://www.pacodelucia.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3152

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 19:38:35

Yojimbo

Aren't you one of the moderators here Ron?

It demeans the forum to have you participating in this absurdity of moderating it.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 19:40:48

Ron.M

quote:

Yup

quote:

It demeans the forum to have you go after me instead of the ones doing the derogatory and defamatory postings.

Who is having a go at you Yojimbo?

I simply asked if what I said was derogatory...

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 19:47:43

Escribano

quote:

It demeans the forum to have you go after me instead of the ones doing the derogatory and defamatory postings.

Please stop telling us our job, or speak for the integrity of the forum. We spend a lot of time behind the scenes dealing with crap from people such as the one you insist on defending.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 19:49:47

Yojimbo

Please Ron, don't insult my intelligence.

Your post was directed towards me for a reason.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 19:56:02

Yojimbo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to axe... (in reply to Escribano

quote:

ORIGINAL: Escribano

quote:

Please stop telling us our job, or speak for the integrity of the forum. We spend a lot of time behind the scenes dealing with crap from people such as the one you insist on defending.

You missed the whole point.

What is you are moderating for if it isn't to deal with derogatory and insulting posts? The fact that this behaviour just seems to go on and on with no action from the moderators means you condone it.

It demeans the forum, like I said.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 19:58:39

Ron.M

Yojimbo, my post was not directed at you, otherwise I would have PMed you.

Just simply my thoughts on the thread in general.. Nada más..tranquillo!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 20:04:15

Florian

quote:

I can't comment on what that student's issue is - all I can say is that I don't have anything similar from my end. You are, of course, entitled to friend or un-friend whomever you like.

As I said before, it's the principle that bothers me - I just don't think that one should post derogatory messages about other people, regardless of who it is.

is it ok for your principle if its ruben doing it about the rest of the world ? because that's precisely what he did here and that's precisely why hes getting this type of reaction

i keep telling you this and you seem to conveniently overlook this important little detail ... pretending like you don't see it, hes not some innocent civilian , he was here, before you, the attitude towards him is just a reflection of the way he carried himself while here... your words cannot change that

You cannot demand respect for him. when he himself was here and gave none, not to the forum not to its members, simple, you not going to win this one

If members here decide to give it to him ( which personally i hope they do, or atleast stop talking about him, not for him for us, i think there's more power in letting go of grudges) but its at their/our own discretion, I am not about to tell anyone how to feel about him...only thing you can do is speak of the positive experiences you had with him try it that way but also acknowledge that you weren't here and that it is possible that he might have brought it upon himself through his behavior here, he might have disrespected some members here who have every right not to respect him..

if the foro means anything to you besides trying to clear his name worry about you because you cant change attitude towards him .... fair enough ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 20:47:24

hamia

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to axe... (in reply to Escribano

Nice - just what I've been looking for. A meaty thread to improve my Spanish!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 21:09:49

mezzo

RE: I'm very sorry but I have to axe... (in reply to hamia

there are also some entertaining vids

turn up the volume for this one

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 3 2012 21:25:07
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post