Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Flamenco Professor   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

coreydefresno

Flamenco Professor 

Dear Flamenco Foro Members,

I am taking a moment to write to you, to tell all those aware of the recent comments, that I have made many of the videos I posted for my students private. If you would like to see the private videos please send me an email via www.flamencoprofessor.com. I have left many videos public. There will be more soon. The site was created quickly, and many videos were made with haste in May 2010 to supply my students material while I was away in Spain all summer. Upon my return I paid little attention to the site. It was recently brought to my attention, that I am receiving the kind of negative response no one wants, and I do respect those who took them at face value. I make no excuses for what is there, because it is what it is, free lessons for my students, to supplement their lessons at Fresno State.

I in no way want to offend the flamenco community. I am learning as well all are, and we all make mistakes. Each individual has an opinion about what is good and bad. I appreciate civil and vigorous debate.

I want to say that I appreciate the support of those who really know me and have supported me on the forum. I respect the positive, negative, and neutral opinions of all on the Forum. I appreciate the formative and summative advice I received from those who have taken time to write me comments.

To those familiar with what has been previously written. I will say that name-calling and personal attacks with regard to one's physical appearance, gender, ethnicity, or abusing and bullying; reflects poorly on the character of those engaged in such behavior, at least, and at most violates the kinds of rules that keep discussions on forums like this civil.

I do ask for those reading comments and watching fictional animated videos (with edited posts as dialogue), to please consider the source and accuracy of the information. The things I have heard about are borderline libel and slander, but I admit, are funny, even if at my own expense.

All of this as given me quite a bit of notoriety, empathy, and yes, even sympathy from many in the guitar world equal to the amount of negative bullying (bordering on terrorism) that is printed.

I have been around many legendary players, and as you all know, if they have nothing good to say, they have nothing to say at all. I have had nothing but good things to say about the person who attacks me most. I will open the door for him, and all of you here.
I am not the Flamenco expert here, Dr. Serrano is the Distinguished Professor Emeritus here at California State University, Fresno, and will soon add a legendary lineup each May/June intersession at Fresno State including Manolo Sanlucar.

Please look on this forum for the course offering!

Humbly and respectfully yours,
Corey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 5 2010 1:29:50
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll