Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing to say :-)   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Escribano

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing t... (in reply to Florian

quote:

ok no more birthday wishes for me ... i am bored of saying thank you and i am sick of thinking of different ways of saying it so i dont sound like a robot

I know the feeling but it is October, a great month in this hemisphere anyway.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 6 2010 17:16:07

Ron.M

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing t... (in reply to Escribano

quote:

I got a great pair of Venezuelan cowboy/biker square-toed leather boots from the wife to replace the old ones I got in Mexico

Ah! ... for that perfect "over 50" look...

(Personally, I wear carpet slippers everywhere...it annoys folk more.. )

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 6 2010 18:40:59

Doitsujin

quote:

(Personally, I wear carpet slippers everywhere...it annoys folk more.. )

Ok..here some off topic from me to the topic "annoying singers".

Watch this. At 0.24 the singer..who seem to ignore the intro of the guitarist...starts. What do you think?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 6 2010 20:02:04

Arash

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing t... (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doitsujin

Ok..here some off topic from me to the topic "annoying singers".

Watch this. At 0.24 the singer..who seem to ignore the intro of the guitarist...starts. What do you think?

at least if he had a good voice, that would compensate the ignorance a little bit, but not a good voice for flamenco imo

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 6 2010 20:44:53

NormanKliman

I've seen worse cases of stepping on the intro. Talegón has what is probably the loudest voice I've ever heard. When he sings in an enclosed space, people will oten react visibly in the first few seconds of the performance. It can make you laugh or make you cringe, depending on the circumstances, like one of those air horns at sporting events. My impression is that some of the Madrid gypsies like some of the things he does, just because of his brute force and "exhuberance." Not surprisingly, when he sings for dancing he gets the job done well.

Almost forgot: Happy b-days!

Be here now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 7:20:24

KMMI77

quote:

I think the guitarist should have given him some dodgy chords for that Make him sound really out of tune.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 8:55:19

XXX

The intro is not one of those which i utterly want to hear, and there are only few intros that i kind of like anyway so... glad that the intro was finished quickly

what i found more distracting is the whole "arranging the mic, fingering the belt" things he does during the intro... i guess it would be less of a problem if he lost 5 or 10 kilos?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 10:31:59

Ron.M

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing t... (in reply to XXX

quote:

"arranging the mic, fingering the belt" things he does during the intro

Yeah...that irritates me too!

Not so much nerves as an impatience to hear his own flippin' voice IMO..

I definitely think he's one of those singers who firmly believes the guitarist is an inferior form of life.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 11:06:58

Florian

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing t... (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

I definitely think he's one of those singers who firmly believes the guitarist is an inferior form of life.

not necessarily...i think he just missed the signal and got confused, came in in the wrong spot...happens all the time with our singers, especially if you rushed and don't have time to run trough every intro... wasn't sure if there was gonna be a short intro or a long intro, or if the guy was just fiddling waiting for him to start... i think its its more a question of human error, nerves, or miscomunication then his attitude imo...... ...they probably didn't run trough it, singer didn't know how and when the intro ends ....I am guessing..even if someone was of that kind of thinking no singer would risk looking bad or like he made a mistake on purpose at a show just to slap the guitarist......then again ...who knows

this is guy greate, i like the way he sings the tarantos, more so in the La Truco dvd

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 13:59:49

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian
i think its its more a question of human error, nerves, or miscomunication then his attitude imo...... ...

If the cutting short was NOT intentional, then i think it is more a question of musical ability/knowledge/feeling then anything else. I would expect anybody who is doing flamenco on a daily/weekly basis to get the end of any intro in the first time without having heard or practiced it. If youre really unsure you just wait longer, either for the guitarrist giving a sign, or the pause to become so long that this MUST be the end.

In this case i do think it was intentional. The gap between guitar and singer is too short to be anything else. Especially when he is going to sing free style anyway he can let the gap be longer to really be sure that that was the end.

I would guess 90% of all intros end with the tonic and there is just... ONE . If you dont recognize the tonic of a Granaina, Buleria, whatever, you are a bit in the wrong place IMO.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 15:27:11

Florian

quote:

then i think it is more a question of musical ability/knowledge/feeling then anything else. I would expect anybody who is doing flamenco on a daily/weekly basis to get the end of any intro in the first time without having heard or practiced it. If youre really unsure you just wait longer, either for the guitarrist giving a sign, or the pause to become so long that this MUST be the end.

well yes sure, but it happens ...every now and then after a llamada in bulerias i cut into the singers letra by accidentally going into a falseta cause i cant remember is she sings there or she cuts into my falseta when shes not sopossed to sing....when u have about 8 different dancers and they all different, and different places where the letras start ..and some have room for a letra some just small falsetita, and the dancers always rotate weekly where i play....if you wait a compas its too late, some falsetas u have to start on 10 or 11. for the effect..so..i start and she either lets me go or i realize and shorten and adjust... in real life it happens...u dont always get the chance to go trough everything...

in a big show u rehearse everything and plan to death, everything is set and practiced so it dosent happen but the weekly gig we just turn up and do it..plus dancers don't do the same thing, same length all the time...so IMO its a human mistake, they sometimes happen.....i have seen plenty of them by big stars and unknowns...but this is just my opinion of course, feel free to draw your own conclusion

this is the guy we talking about...u dont get to Casa Patas working with this kind of artists if you dont know what u doing...this tarantos is brilliant, the energy, drive and power in this guys voice makes it...it pisses me off the guy hasent uploaded the whole tarantos on youtube, it gets wild ...he absolutely loses it at the end and absolutely sends the energy trough the roof...(in a good way ) ( come to think of it, i will extract the audio and upload it here, the second part)

I love seeing a singer pushing himself that much and giving that much

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 15:41:05

Florian

heres the second part of that tarantos..Talegón de Córdoba ...i know his tone takes a little getting used to at first, its very in your face but once you get used to it..it has so much expression, energy and drive, i can totally understand why people like using him for dancers...every time he gets to the tangos in this my heart always climbs up to my throat ...should see his body language too :-)) my type of performer...absolutely gives it everything hes got, always at the very edge of abilities and holds nothing back..to me that shows so much respect for the audience

just cutting and uploading this audio for you now, i have had it on loop for the last 40 minutes

http://www.foroflamenco.com/upfiles/36/Jh15776.mp3]http://www.foroflamenco.com/upfiles/36/Jh15776.mp3]http://www.foroflamenco.com/upfiles/36/Jh15776.mp3

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 16:40:12

Ron.M

quote:

What do you think?

LOL!

OK..I take it back..

I've listened to it a few times now and I genuinely think he expected the guitarist to play an F#m at 0.22

Instead, the guitarist (having been brought up on Sesame Street and stuff a couple of decades later went into his own thing... )

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 18:49:43

XXX

Yes in real life you can cut short some things. I had a dancer telling me she was glad that i went with her in some part, and i hadnt even realized that she cut one part short. In a different dance i should play a falseta and messed it up because i couldnt get my hands ready for it... you know, when you have to switch from accomp playing to a thumb part or something...

But i kept on playing, i did not stop, or put my guitar aways and lit a cigarette or something. What the singer here does is too clumsy, noobish to be unintentional for somebody of this level. Theres not even compas or something which could cause stress. All he has to do is wait for the right moment. Sorry if you like him and feel im bashing something... i just think that way, its not a big deal, but there are limits in how to hide your mistakes on stage, and this just wasnt one but intention.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 19:03:07

Florian

it dosent bother me one bit Deniz, there's no need to say i am sorry to me u think whatever you like of him man...u can bash him as much as you like if that is what you want to do...i don't care, i don't get offended by other peoples opinions of someone i like, in fact i welcome it... feel free to express you opinion as much as you like anyway you like..just expressing mine, its quiet here and atm i enjoy any kind of conversation...i love the guy and i am giving him the benefit of the doubt as far as i am concerned...as long as you have humans involved..u going to have human mistakes, accidents, etc..by any kind of level..sometimes sh*t happens ...to anyone

i bet between all of us we can think of or have seen mistakes that happened to any one in flamenco at any level...from the highest to the lowest

yes some singers are silly ...but none is silly enough to embarrass themselves in public on purpose just to make a point to the guitarist....if he had a problem with the intro or guitarist he would have told him before ...keep your intro short or dont do that...but wouldn't purposely allow himself to look like a dic*head in front of a crowd

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 19:08:26

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian
i bet between all of us we can think of or have seen mistakes that happened to any one in flamenco at any level...from the highest to the lowest

Yeah even Paco! True words there amigo. Btw I had no time to look at the video and audio but gotta do that in a minute of leisure (i really had no time... im not one of those who say they have no time but actually they do and just dont want to deal with it. If i dont like something i say it, you know me, LOL)

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 19:36:48

Florian

quote:

If i dont like something i say it, you know me, LOL

of course man, that's cool...as i said nothing happening atm and i am enjoying ANY kind of conversation...even if its a disagreement...i got a big night tomorrow and whenever i have a big night or day i have trouble getting to bed earlier, whenever i should sleep, its exactly when i cant, its like my body is rebelling against me ever having a good day when i need it the most lol, i have never done an important show or had an important day rested properly and feeling fresh, its funny and sad at the same time, the second i have nothing on i sleep like a baby and am fresh as a daisy... its 6:20 am here and i still cant get to bed, and its not even cause i am nervous or anything cause i am not...is just my body going against what i know i should do :-)))....and last time i took a sleeping pill i woke up 2 days later to the voice of a dancer who had to come to my house 20 mintes after the show was supposed to start to wake me up cause i couldn't hear the phone...so never again

so there u go ...more then u ever needed to know about my sleeping patterns :-))))) but i am killing time..till the wine kicks in, lucky i dont have too many important days too often or i would be an alcoholic

anyway ...listen to the audio i uploaded if you get a chance, tell me what you think...with that kind of energy il forgive him almost anything...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 7 2010 19:40:04

Stu

It appears you're onto some other topic now... but happy birthday flo and simon!

this place wouldnt be the same without you !!!!...(infact wouldnt exist with you simon)

PS: OOPS! just saw this....
quote:

ok no more birthday wishes for me ... i am bored of saying thank you and i am sick of thinking of different ways of saying it so i dont sound like a robot

thanks are not needed
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 10 2010 14:09:39

Florian

RE: Quiet here...noone got nothing t... (in reply to Stu

thank you STU !

i cant do it, i cant not say thank you

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 11 2010 0:03:55
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages