Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

What's the difference between...   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

TANúñez

What's the difference between... 

Juan Martin's method book 'El Arte Flamenco de la Guitarra' and his 3 video series 'La Guitarra Flamenca'? Are the videos the same thing as the El Arte book but in video format or are they different altogether?

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 4 2005 22:26:15

Thomas Whiteley

RE: What's the difference between... (in reply to TANúñez

Tom;

The two series are very different - like day and night! I like both for different reasons.

Tom

Tom
http://home.comcast.net/~flamencoguitar/flamenco.html
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2005 1:33:50

TANúñez

RE: What's the difference between... (in reply to Thomas Whiteley

Hi Tom,

What are the differences? I briefly looked over the book and noticed it has a lot of basic fundamentals and stuff on technique. Do the videos cover this stuff too or are the videos mainly for the purpose of teaching the different toques?

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2005 1:45:31

eslastra

RE: What's the difference between... (in reply to TANúñez

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Zurdo

Hi Tom,

What are the differences? I briefly looked over the book and noticed it has a lot of basic fundamentals and stuff on technique. Do the videos cover this stuff too or are the videos mainly for the purpose of teaching the different toques?

El Z,

The videos do expand a bit more on the materials presented in the El Arte book. You get a little bit more explanation and demo of techniques and palos. So you'll see a lot of the same stuff and then you'll see a lot of stuff that's not in the old book. The El Arte book came out in 1978 I recall. The version of it I have has a tearout plastic 33 1/3 record, just to give you an idea how old it is. There were no VCR's in those days so when those videos came out in the early late 1980's it was really a treat to be able to watch what could only be listened to for the past decade. I recall these were one of the first video courses put out on flamenco guitar. If you like traditional materials and technique, I think there's a lot of good practical stuff in those videos. The only thing I didn't like about the videos were the little booklets that the music was printed in. I would have preferred the music printed in a full sized book. Perhaps the added printing costs and packaging would have made the set too expensive for the general public.

Eddie Lastra
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 5 2005 7:32:51
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote