Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Flamenco world shop   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Tiitu

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to yohan

I must say that I'm very disappointed with the service of Flamenco world.

First, I must say that my english is not very good, I hope you understand...

I ordered two flamenco skirts and a bolero from Flamenco world on the 3rd of December. They said it'll take about 3-4 weeks to arrive. I paid them immediately with my credit card via Pay Pal. Then I didn't hear anyting from them 'till Tuesday the 1st of February....

I waited patiently 5 weeks when I sent them the first inquiry email (one their site and one to their email address), it was on the 18th January. No answer. The next emails I sent the 25th January with thread that I will cancel my order and ask my credit company for charge-back if they don't give me any information concerning my order 'till the 31st of Jan. No answer. Nothing. Then last Monday the 31st of January I asked my credit card company for charge-back. The next day, Tuesday the 1st Feb, Flamenco world told that they have sent my order via FedEx, I replied that I won't accept it. But unfortunately yesterday when we were at home the doorbell rang and the FedEx guy stand behind our door with the package in his hands... So this morning I rang again my credit card company and asked if they can cancel my charge-back (they already have done it).

So, I got what I ordered (after two months), but the customer service was so poor that I won't ever order nothing from Flamenco world.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2011 5:55:44

StillAlive

I am going through an absolute NIGHTMARE with Flamenco-World.com. I will NEVER do business with them again. I also regret having used PayPal, as I cannot dispute the charge beyond 45 days and Flamenco-World.com claims it takes up to 60 days to receive custom goods. Well, it has been over 110 days and still no goods and the one thing they did send me was completely wrong, not what I ordered. I've been trying to send it back as per their terms -- if they send you the wrong thing, they're supposed to arrange for and pay for return shipping (it ain't cheap from the US to Spain!). I've tried contacting them scores of times but they simply ignore me and yet they have my money. I am really nervous about their ethics. I've called them and got one guy, Alan, who knew all about my case, said he'd arrange the return of the skirt and check on the shoes, but did absolutely nothing. Now they won't even answer the phone if I call. I've sent countless emails and NOTHING. Last night I tried calling about a dozen times but it never was answered over a period of two hours. This was an expensive order and I'm concerned I will never get my money back. I'm about to complain to all the international authorities. These folks seem hopeless to me. They do not seem to be in business at all. This has been nothing but an enormous waste of precious time, energy, and money.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 23 2011 20:49:52

chw

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to Mike_Kinny

Hi all,

6 weeks ago I payed orders of 449 Euros of books and a metronome. I have written three letters to Flamenco-Word.com and today I recieved an autogenerated response saying that the shop is down due to maintenance, software updates etc up till the 18th of August 2011. Then maybe they will send me my already paid goods. But I doubt it. What should I do to get my money back? Anyone knows or have similar problems? Greetings

chw
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2011 16:38:54

geert1957

Geert here from the Netherlands, so excuse my English is not perfect. On July 22th I ordered some DVD's at Flamenco-World dot com which, as their website says "The delivery period in Spain and Europe is 1-2 working days". I live in the Netherlands while the order is shipped in Spain, so 1-2 working days sounded fine to me. After waiting more than a week, I did sent them an email twice. No response. After 12 days I made a telephone call to Spain which was not cheap. I just wanted to receive the items I had payed for. The guy at the phone told me that my ordered DVD's were out of stock. I forgot to ask why they didn't reply to my emails.
Why don't they tell on their website when something is out of stock?????
18 Days have passed now, still no DVD's and even still no reply to my emails.
I had summerholiday for some weeks, in which I wanted to use those instructional DVD's. In a few days I have to go to work again, so not much time to study flamenco guitar until Christmas holiday.
I really don't like this at all.
Hope to get my order before Christmas!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 9 2011 18:33:36

kozz

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to geert1957

quote:

The guy at the phone told me that my ordered DVD's were out of stock.

Hello Geert,
thats their usual answer.
Had that 3 times before.

One time I got lucky when the PayPal claim was refunded, and the book was sent also.
Today I sent them a mail again about a late order (not in stock ) since they should be back in "business" now.
We'll wait and see...just back from the holiday in Toreilles de Foix so still relaxed and able to wait

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 30 2011 14:47:43

edguerin

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to Tiitu

quote:

just back from the holiday in Toreilles de Foix

I'm envious !

Ed

El aficionado solitario
Alemania
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 30 2011 17:49:01

Ramirez

I'm very disappointed with Flamenco World. I've used them many times in the past and the service has become increasingly bad. Three weeks ago I ordered £100 of books. Needless to say, I've not received the items and have had no response to emails, phone calls or messages to their 'helpdesk ticket' system.

I'm going to have to make a claim through Paypal to get my money back.

Sad, really. I won't be using them again.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 5 2011 14:55:15

El Maco

Yep, same here. They seem to have taken me for 50 euros. No product, no reply from their 'help' line. I won't deal with them again, and would strongly advise anyone else not to. Not to put too fine a point on it, they are [edited by Admin as libelous]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 4 2011 19:25:46

jiraff

Too bad I'm only seeing this post now.
I am trying to get response for 2 months already for a new Paco DVD that has just not arrived.
Writing to customer service is almost like talking to the wall...
Hope Pay Pal claim will help.
Never seen such poor service...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 1 2012 14:46:25

Paul Magnussen

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to geert1957

The US and all EU countries have consumer protection laws, and it pays to be familiar with them. Google is your friend.

All reputable on-line businesses (e.g. Amazon) bill when goods are shipped, not when an order is placed. Do not do business with any other.

When you you need to dispute a charge, be sure to do everything in writing. In fact, any time you think you may have a problem, get everything in writing. It’s amazing how many times, when someone starts giving you a hassle (“Company policy is that…” etc.), saying “Can I have that in writing, please?” is like waving a magic wand.

As to the 45-day dispute limit on PayPal, their website also says:

“If the item you ordered never shows up, and the seller can't provide the required proof of shipment or delivery, you'll get a full refund. It's that simple."

with no qualifications:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/buyer_protection_resolution&fli=true

Remember too that your country’s Consumer Protection laws may override or void the disclaimers your payment agency tries to make. California’s laws are particularly strong.

Good luck!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 1 2012 16:20:50

aleksi

Same here. I ordered dvd's two months ago and wrote a letter to them awhile ago, but still havent heard anything about my dvd's or my money. This sucks deeply!
This will be my last time dealing with flamencoword.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 2 2012 7:10:25

Ramirez

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to aleksi

My wife ordered some Christmas gifts from Flamenco World for me in November (at the time she didn't realise that I'd recently had a dispute with them). Needless to say, the goods didn't arrive in time for Christmas. In fact, they didn't arrive at all.

Plus, no response to any emails. Looks like she'll have to try and get some kind of refund through her credit card company.

I really don't think they care anymore. I would really be careful, if you're thinking about ordering from them.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 11 2012 9:26:47

Jesper M

Ok, so now I join the club of unsatisfied customers.
Ordered a blu-ray disk some weeks ago, paid with VISA and got a confirmation e-mail.

Nothing happens, I created a support ticket with same result. Nobody answers the phone either.
After finding this page, I wrote a complaining post on their Facebook page. It was quickly deleted, after which I received an e-mail confirming that they have now received my payment (?), and they will be able to deliver within 7-15 working days. Delay was due to "stock limits".

It is about a blu-ray disk commonly available all over Europe.
I find their delivery time, and service, totally unacceptable. Especially because, if I just wait, I might pass the 45 days dispute limit.

I have cancelled my order, and given them 3 days to respond to my new support ticket, and return my money. If they fail to do so, I will contact my bank, precent the documenting screen dumps and e-mails, and ask them to pull my money back.

I have shopped at Flamenco World for years, and has despite sometimes long delivery times, been a satisfied customer. This has come to an end now, I will never shop there again. I will recommend deflamenco.com, which I also use.

PS. I have now ordered the same blu-ray at Amazon.es for 21€ incl. postage, with a delivery time between 2-5 days. At flamenco-world I have paid 42€ with an expected delivery time of up to 38 days, for the very same thing!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 23 2012 13:25:07

geert1957

See my above post from August 9th, 2011.
Thanks to PayPal I got my money back.
It's a pity because they have quite a large collection of interesting flamenco stuff, but after this very disappointing experience I will never order something from Flamenco world again.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 23 2012 17:54:02

constructordeguitarras

We're talking about www.flamenco-world.com? F*ck them! I bought the Paco de Lucia Integral set from them before it was available in the USA. One of the CDs is defective--you can actually see a blob of plastic on the business side, and it doesn't work. I told them about it and they said that CD was no longer available so they couldn't replace it for me. But they were still selling the Integral, and later carried the CD by itself again. They would not respond further to my requests for a replacement. As I said, F*ck them!

Ethan Deutsch
www.edluthier.com
www.facebook.com/ethandeutschguitars
www.youtube.com/marioamayaflamenco
I always have flamenco guitars available for sale.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2012 17:44:58

piotr

Flamenco world offers the worst service i have ever received. 80 days ago (23rd November 2011) i bought shoes paying 142 pounds. I never received them, never received response to my 4 emails not mentioning my money(!).
My girlfriend bought from them 3 items in the past. She was quite happy so I decided to purchase shoes for her. But the whole thing is just a disgrace. They are shame for the whole flamenco culture. Trying to make money on something that is beautiful.

I hope this review will help you make your choice.

I will not return to flamenco-world any more.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 5 2012 19:38:22

camador29

Im having the same problem with them, they owe me 1 DVD and 1 cd from a 7 month ago order and two DVDs from another order 5 months ago. I've written to them many times and get no answer, really not sure hat else I can do.
I'm new to the forum because actually I've been looking for forums where people s Avignon the same problem.
I play the guitar and I hope to become a regular in the orum for better discussions !
Carlos
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2012 10:20:05

keith

there is absolutely no reason why a company needs multiple weeks to ship a product and then compound the problem with silence. best way of sending a message--do not buy from them. better yet, find the product elsewhere and send them an e-mail stating you bought the product elsewhere because their customer services is so crappy. try flamencoconnection (dot) com. they are good about delivering the goods.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2012 11:24:20

hbecky

I am VERY ANGRY at Flamenco World now, my order was placed last year, Jun 2011. So, Flamenco world did not ship my orders until September, without mentioning that product worth of Euro 69 was out of stock. And I didn't get that 69 Euro worth of DVD & book compounded product at all. In return, I did not get any response until Jan saying I could choose 69 EUro worth of other products. Ok, I answered with what the list of other CDs and DVDs. Afterwords, Flamenco world claims to ship my remaining order the week before. (week of Apr 20th)
So far, no luck or receiving anything from them. NO EMAILS, AND NO PACKAGES ARRIVED YET!!! I am not sure if I WILL EVER RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM THIS TOTALLY OUTDATED ORDER.
VERY ANGRY at their service.
Though I've purchased many orders in the past 9 years, now, this attitude really turns me away from this sh*tty service.
I think this company is under some kind of crisis, AND I DON'T THINK THEY F*CKING CARE ANYMORE.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2012 4:31:34

hbecky

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to hbecky

In additon, after wiring the comlpaint e-mail again. There is no response after almost one week. Are they suppose to work harder to fight off the bad economy in Spain?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 2 2012 4:17:07

Ramirez

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to hbecky

I would avoid. I've been stung more than once. Still haven't had a reply about an order made in December last year. They don't respond to emails, phone calls or posts on their "help desk".

I can't get a refund on the order (as its exceeded the PayPal 45 day dispute policy). Looks like I'll have to write this off and put it down to bad experience. However, I won't be using Flamenco World ever again.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 2 2012 9:00:20

hbecky

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to Ramirez

You're totally right. Being fooled once is enough. And, I cannot have refund, either. I guess I'll treat that 69 Euro as a lesson well learned.
Unliked the FB page, un-subscribed the e-news from the site, too.
And, I am spreading around the around words for warning the people to avoid buying from this site in my country. Also, I am asking my flamenco teachers who are Spanish to warn those Spanish people about this company's crisis.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 4 2012 2:08:17

hepkesake

We ordered a flamenco skirt on 18 Nov 2011 till this day we phoned many times, no response, we sent several emails and we got never an email back. It's a shame that this webshop still exists. So we will let you know never buy something in this webshop. TERRIBLE !
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 9 2012 21:06:30

Doitsujin

Me also had bad experiences with this shop. I wont ever buy anything there again. And I highly recommend, not to buy anything there.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 9 2012 22:16:33

Ricardo

no they are GREAT please give em a chance. Perhaps just send em some donation money?

Just kidding. This thread is so big its almost commical that they are still in business.

I remember when they had a store outlet in Madrid near atocha. Small place, not much to see, and the guitars hanging up were all drying and warping. I mean they were cheap guitars relatively speaking (sanchis, studen conde etc) but the necks were bending and the poor thing's action were all super high. I told them to save those things before too late....they did n't care. Next time I went they were not open during prime time, and last time they were totally closed or relocated. They really don't care about business.

Flamenco vive was fantastic however. They even care about their cheap guitars. hell I even bought one there, sweet deal. And great selection and prices on CD's...and the store was open when they said they would be an even stayed open during siesta to deal with some customers that had no other time.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 10 2012 13:58:24

eburgos

I also have been waiting for an order for 9 weeks, just for 2 DVDs. Numerous emails during that time were completely ignored, except for an auto reply.
In my frustration, asked my bf what he thought of this company, he said a few years back the same thing happened - nothing. Until he went to the credit card company for dispute and finally (and pretty quickly too) he got a response that his order was shipping. He canceled anyway.
I registered on foro flamenco just to post my concerns for everyone who has been unfortunate to experience their terrible (and lack of) customer service!! I've posted on their Facebook page how unsatisfied I and many others are on their lack of regard for their customers. There's only a few hours before they open in the morning and see it! If shame doesn't work, at least we know a dispute will...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 1 2012 3:33:37

Paul Magnussen

RE: Flamenco world shop (in reply to eburgos

I’ve just ordered something from flamencoexport.com in Madrid — looks as if it might be a reasonable alternative. I’ll post again when I’ve got some results (or not).

Update

No problems at all (except a Foreign Transaction fee on my credit card ).

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2012 0:39:09

zerosixsix

I placed two orders in January 2012 costing about 400 Australian dollars, i have managed to contact them twice by phone once in Madrid and once in the new address in Cadiz. they said they were waiting for stock. I have since written and asked for a refund and now they don't answer the phone.

I feel my money has been stolen, but I'm on the other side of the world.

I would not recommend anyone make any purchase with Flamencoworld.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 4 2012 6:36:15

dalila.21

DON'T LET YOURSELF TO BE ROBBED! FLAMENCO WORLD IS TAKING THE MONEY ONLY - THEY DON'T SEND THE ORDERS!

I have placed my order in october 2011 - 2 dance skirts for 200 euro, and untill today I don't have my order nor money! I have sent many emails, also post tickets via their website - they don;t answer. It's impossible to call them.

What to do in such situation?:
I wrote email and sent it with attachments (oreder confirmatios, ticekts receiving confirmation by FW) to the police: delitos.tecnologicos@policia.es and Atencion al Consumidor: inc@consumo-inc.es and junta.arbitral@dipucadiz.es - do the same - maybe they will finally close this fake business.
Tomorrow I am gonna call local police in Jerez t. 956 32 60 73 - city where the company is registered. Curious thing is that they moved from Madrid to Jerez - guess why? Nobody without good reason moves business 600km away.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 10 2012 14:17:35

Doitsujin

LOL yeah... they seem to suck really badly. That is not the first thread where people complain about flamenco-world.com. Another flamenco shop also didnt send me my tab-orders.. I just told my bank to put the money back on my account. then they called and tried to argue..blahbalh.. ^^ I just hang up. File closed.

This flamenco-world shop also censors critiques on CDs if you don´t write that you got an orgasm due to listening. Bad shop. Clearly to avoid.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 10 2012 14:34:56
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3] 4    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software powered by ASP Playground Advanced Edition 2.0.5